Author Topic: Obituaries for 2019  (Read 107272 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Obituaries for 2019
« Reply #1025 on: October 17, 2019, 04:46:16 pm »
My brother married in 1995.  But I guess you may be correct that a lot of young people today are still living with Mom and Dad.

@Applewood

You and I have different understandings of the timing of social trends. Back in the 60's and earlier it was common for children to live at home even after they got married,so they could save enough money to make a down payment on a house. Those who didn't marry,just stayed at home,helped their parents with the bills,and saved money.

Some may be the stereotypical "living in Mom's basement" types, but I've read that a number of young people live with their folks for other reasons.  This may depend on where these young people live.  If where they live has an unusually high cost of living, they may live with Mom and Dad because it is cheaper than renting an apartment.   Some stay with Mom and Dad because they want to marry and living at home helps them save for that event.  Some actually want to pay off that student loan they took out when they went to college.  Again, I wouldn't call these individuals "Mama's boys."   

I would if they don't have jobs or careers outside of home,or they are not living at home to take care of handicapped or elderly parents.

Maybe I am wrong,but in MY opinion any healthy 30 year old that is living at home and has a college degree and no job is a mama's boy.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1026 on: October 17, 2019, 05:02:07 pm »
democrat Rep. Elijah Cummings,, ddead at age 68.

https://fox8.com/2019/10/17/us-representative-elijah-cummings-dies-at-68/
Yeah, I saw that.

In keeping with forum policy about not speaking ill of those who have passed,
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1027 on: October 17, 2019, 05:09:03 pm »
For those who don't know who Bob Kingsley is...

He is country music's equivalent of Casey Kasem. In fact, it was Kasem's company Watermark who launched his show (first known as American Country Countdown and then Country Top 40). Kingsley started out as producer in 1972 then became host in '78, staying as a countdown host for the next 41 years.

Toward the end, though, the CMA decided they wanted more female representation and, when Kingsley announced his leave of absence, they decided to take over the show with all-women hosts. Which is kind of a sad way to end a career, to be honest... and Kingsley wanted to come back but obviously can't now.

I was lucky enough to get to talk to him as we were both waiting on our respectinve flights in Nashville after Country Radio Seminar in 1997.  He explained to me and my boss at the time the process every week of making American Country Countdown.  It was kinda interesting.  He lived in Weatherford, TX just outside of Dallas (he also raised cutting horses). He'd drive into Dallas to the ABC radio studios there a couple days a week...record his parts and be done.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 05:10:23 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1028 on: October 17, 2019, 07:19:03 pm »
@sneakypete

I would if they don't have jobs or careers outside of home,or they are not living at home to take care of handicapped or elderly parents.

Was just reading in another article on this tragedy which says:

One of the officers who responded to the scene can be heard saying that he cleared the house and spoke with the “elderly gentleman” there, who was later identified as Ron. The actor, who People reports has a medical condition that limits his speech, did his best to explain that Cameron was behind the attack and that he believed that his son drove away after placing the 911 call.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/tarzan-ron-ely-son-blame-murder-mother-elderly-actor-911-call

So that makes me wonder whether Ron Ely was not in the best of health and his son was needed at home to help care for him.  Mr. Ely is in his 80s.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #1029 on: October 17, 2019, 08:53:39 pm »
Never forget: Last 9/11 Ground Zero search dog dies just shy of 17th birthday

RIP Bretagne (pronounced "Brittney").

In September 2001, amid the twisted pile of steel beams, concrete and ash where the World Trade Center once stood, 300 or so search dogs worked long hours and used their powerful noses to try to find survivors.

On Monday afternoon, the last of those search dogs died at age 16 with her longtime handler and best friend by her side.

Bretagne (pronounced “Brittany”), a whip-smart golden retriever with feathery fur and a sunny smile, lived an adventure-packed life until the very end. In recent weeks, though, she began experiencing kidney failure and slowing down. When Bretagne failed to do her favorite thing for three consecutive days — eat — her owner Denise Corliss realized it was time to say goodbye.

“She was really anxious last night and she just wanted to be with me,” Corliss told TODAY on Monday. “So I laid down with her, right next to her. When she could feel me, she could settle down and go to sleep. I slept with her like that all night" . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1031 on: October 17, 2019, 10:35:06 pm »
Thank you for the link @mountaineer

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1032 on: October 17, 2019, 10:58:36 pm »
@sneakypete

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/tarzan-ron-ely-son-blame-murder-mother-elderly-actor-911-call

So that makes me wonder whether Ron Ely was not in the best of health and his son was needed at home to help care for him.  Mr. Ely is in his 80s.

@Applewood

Could be,but Ely's wife,the woman that was murdered and the mother of the adult child was only 69,and she lived with him. They had enough money to send the boy to Harvard and before that,the most exclusive Prep School in the nation,so I am assuming they also had plenty of money to hire people to help them,and probably did have them.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1033 on: October 17, 2019, 11:36:00 pm »
Never forget: Last 9/11 Ground Zero search dog dies just shy of 17th birthday
I think that was a couple years ago. If the dog were only 16, that would mean born in late 2002 and thus never at 9/11. But I remember posting it at the time.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1034 on: October 17, 2019, 11:57:36 pm »
I think that was a couple years ago. If the dog were only 16, that would mean born in late 2002 and thus never at 9/11. But I remember posting it at the time.

Your memory is excellent.  The doggy passed 6/16.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1035 on: October 18, 2019, 12:23:26 am »
@Applewood

Could be,but Ely's wife,the woman that was murdered and the mother of the adult child was only 69,and she lived with him. They had enough money to send the boy to Harvard and before that,the most exclusive Prep School in the nation,so I am assuming they also had plenty of money to hire people to help them,and probably did have them.

Well, I'm only a couple of years younger than Mrs. Ely was and I could not see myself caring for someone with a serious illness without lots of help.  The family might have been able to send Cameron to the finest schools some years back, but none of us knows what their financial situation is now.   And I know from experience that home care nurses and aides cost a fortune. 

But here we are, once again speculating and jumping to conclusions and you know I hate that.  I expect more will be learned about this matter in the coming days, weeks and months, and maybe we should stop until we learn more. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1036 on: October 18, 2019, 01:47:19 am »
Well, I'm only a couple of years younger than Mrs. Ely was and I could not see myself caring for someone with a serious illness without lots of help.  The family might have been able to send Cameron to the finest schools some years back, but none of us knows what their financial situation is now.   And I know from experience that home care nurses and aides cost a fortune. 

But here we are, once again speculating and jumping to conclusions and you know I hate that.  I expect more will be learned about this matter in the coming days, weeks and months, and maybe we should stop until we learn more.

@Applewood

Their house is appraised at 4.5 million for tax purposes,so they were doing ok financially.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1037 on: October 18, 2019, 02:12:39 am »
Alicia Alonso: Legendary ballet dancer dies aged 98

Cuban ballet dancer Alicia Alonso has died age 98, the country's state media has announced.

Alonso is considered one of the greatest 20th Century ballerinas. She began to lose her sight at 19, relying on only the stage lights to guide her.

After the 1959 revolution, she helped found the National Ballet of Cuba with then leader Fidel Castro.

At 19, her eyesight began to deteriorate and she was diagnosed with a detached retina

Read more at: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-50091870

Now, check this out, yes, apparently, she went in with the communists some. Apparently, she suffered from some very serious sight problems, with her eyes.

Alicia Alonso (1920-2019), Cuban prima ballerina | Babalú Blog

Alicia Alonso has died in Havana at 98. She was a great ballerina but not a great person, but she always knew which way was up. She danced for Batista’s presidential inauguration in the 1950s when he was on top, and later spent decades serving Fidel Castro when he was The Man. And yet, I cannot reject her entirely, because she is connected to my mother.

My mother loved ballet. She saw it through the enchanted eyes of a girl, as something beautiful, pure and magical. She was not raised to love it; her parents were lower-middle class at best and hardly artsy, but living in Havana gave her the chance to see ballet, and she took to it naturally. Among her most cherished memories were live performances by Alonso in her prime, which she spoke of in a dreamy, wistful way — in part, I suppose, because she herself was then young and fresh and open to the wonder and romance of life. She treasured those experiences like jewels.

She never let the Castro tool Alonso later became taint those memories — the great ballerina floating through Swan Lake, a vision in white tulle, was kept separate and pristine, quite removed from the “revolutionary” propaganda piece....

Read more at: https://babalublog.com/2019/10/17/alicia-alonsso-1920-2019-cuban-prima-ballerina/

So, she was very talented apparently.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #1038 on: October 18, 2019, 04:29:26 pm »

Mark Hurd, Oracle CEO, has died

Mark Hurd, CEO of Oracle and former CEO of Hewlett-Packard, two of Silicon Valley's most storied companies, has died. He was 62.
Oracle Founder and Chairman Larry Ellison confirmed Hurd's death Friday.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/18/tech/mark-hurd-dead/index.html?utm_term=link&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twbusiness&utm_content=2019-10-18T16%3A18%3A07
The Republic is lost.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1039 on: October 18, 2019, 07:23:42 pm »
Bill Macy
Actor not to be confused with the unrelated William H. Macy dies at 97

Macy is at left.

Macy was known for his comic roles including the co-star of Maude and smaller roles in The Jerk (as the guy who turns the title character's Opti-Grab device into a major fad) and The Producers (as a juror).

Wikipedia

Obituary from The Hollywood Reporter
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1040 on: October 18, 2019, 07:29:12 pm »
Bill Macy
Actor not to be confused with the unrelated William H. Macy dies at 97

Macy is at left. 

Wow.  97 is a darn good run.  RIP.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #1041 on: October 18, 2019, 07:40:30 pm »
@sneakypete

Maybe he isn't in the best of health but his wife was only in her fifties, I think the son just went Cujo.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1042 on: October 18, 2019, 07:45:19 pm »
Re Bill Macy, what a huge body of work. Link to imdb.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1043 on: October 19, 2019, 12:02:53 pm »
97 is a long run. Really liked him in Maude.
RIP.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1044 on: October 20, 2019, 06:15:25 pm »
Former mayor of Baltimore and brother of Nancy Pelosi dead.

Pelosi Statement on the Passing of Thomas D’Alesandro III
OCTOBER 20, 2019 PRESS RELEASE
Washington, D.C. – Speaker Nancy Pelosi issued the following statement on the passing of her brother, former Baltimore Mayor Thomas D’Alesandro III:

“My husband Paul and our entire family are devastated by the loss of our patriarch, my beloved brother, Thomas D’Alesandro III. 

“Tommy was the finest public servant I have ever known.  His life and leadership were a tribute to the Catholic values with which we were raised: faith, family, patriotism.  He profoundly believed, as did our parents, that public service was a noble calling and that we all had a responsibility to help others. 

“Tommy dedicated his life to our city.  A champion of civil rights, he worked tirelessly for all who called Baltimore home.  Tommy was a leader of dignity, compassion and extraordinary courage, whose presence radiated hope upon our city during times of struggle and conflict.

“All his life, Tommy worked on the side of the angels.  Now, he is with them.  With his commitment to his family and public service, his life has truly blessed America.

“All who were blessed to know and to love Tommy mourn with his wife Margaret, his children Thomas, Dominic, Nicholas, Patricia and Gregory, and his grandchildren whom he adored, and are praying for them at this sad time.”

https://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/102019

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1045 on: October 20, 2019, 06:18:07 pm »
According to Wikipedia he died of a stroke and was 90.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #1046 on: October 20, 2019, 07:10:22 pm »
IIRC, he took office in the early 70s, the start of an unbroken string of Dem Mayors of Baltimore.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #1047 on: October 20, 2019, 08:00:29 pm »
He just worked the American League division series (Yankees v. Twins) . . .

Iowa native, veteran MLB umpire Eric Cooper dead at 52

Cooper was behind the plate for Mark Buehrle's two no-hitters (including his perfect game), Hideo Nomo's no-hitter in 2001, and Hall of Famer Cal Ripken, Jr.'s final major league game.

RIP.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1048 on: October 20, 2019, 08:32:03 pm »
IIRC, he took office in the early 70s, the start of an unbroken string of Dem Mayors of Baltimore.

@PeteS in CA

Which is why Baltimore is the wonderful place to live that it is today.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1049 on: October 20, 2019, 08:39:25 pm »
He just worked the American League division series (Yankees v. Twins) . . .

Iowa native, veteran MLB umpire Eric Cooper dead at 52

Cooper was behind the plate for Mark Buehrle's two no-hitters (including his perfect game), Hideo Nomo's no-hitter in 2001, and Hall of Famer Cal Ripken, Jr.'s final major league game.

RIP.

I had no idea what to say to this. How tragic, I'm aware of someone who lost their little sister to a bacterial infection, we can be snatched from this world so quickly and surprisingly. Stunning.