Author Topic: Obituaries for 2019  (Read 107320 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Obituaries for 2019
« Reply #900 on: September 28, 2019, 04:25:46 am »
A good man went to prison because of him and his wife.  But I will leave Mr. Wilson's judgment up to the Lord.

I agree, vengeance is above my pay grade.  Doesn't mean I have to think well of him.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #901 on: September 28, 2019, 01:27:27 pm »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #902 on: September 28, 2019, 07:40:54 pm »

Many years ago, this ridiculous film noir photo was in a write up about them, in Time magazine. I posted the story on FR. It was hilariously photoshopped by freeper dead, who transformed Joe Wilson into the 1970s Crying Indian.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 07:42:57 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #903 on: September 29, 2019, 06:38:32 am »
‘Karate Kid’ Actor Robert Garrison Dies at 59, Reports Say
By Jack Phillips    September 27, 2019

Robert Garrison, who played Tommy in “The Karate Kid” and its sequel, has died at age 59, according to reports.

Garrison’s family told TMZ on Sept. 27 that he died at a hospital in West Virginia. His sister said that he had been in the hospital for the past month, suffering from kidney and liver problems, and she added that his organs shut down.

His cause of death was not revealed.

Read more at:  https://www.theepochtimes.com/karate-kid-actor-robert-garrison-dies-at-59-reports-say_3098979.html

wikipedia

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #904 on: September 29, 2019, 11:23:33 am »

His cause of death was not revealed.

@TomSea

Which usually means he died of AIDS/AIDS related illness.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #905 on: September 29, 2019, 11:53:51 am »
@TomSea

Which usually means he died of AIDS/AIDS related illness.

Usually?  You have any stats on that? 

Could be a whole bunch of reasons.  Lurid ones like AIDS as you said, or  alcoholism or drug addiction for sure, but also cancer or other serious illnesses over which Mr. Garrison had no control.  Also possible no cause was revealed because an autopsy is pending and/or no one really knows what happened.

Or maybe the family just doesn't want to have it talked about. I grew up a few streets away from a tight-knit Italian immigrant community. They had this superstition that if you merely mentioned the word "cancer," you were doomed to contract the disease and die from it.    My closest childhood friend from that neighborhood sill dances around the word, even though she was born here and is well educated. 

I never saw the Karate Kid movies, so I don't know Mr. Garrison, but I'm not going to engage in idle speculation about his death and participate in rumor-mongering.  I'll just wish him rest in peace.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #906 on: September 29, 2019, 12:17:45 pm »
Usually?  You have any stats on that? 

Could be a whole bunch of reasons.  Lurid ones like AIDS as you said, or  alcoholism or drug addiction for sure, but also cancer or other serious illnesses over which Mr. Garrison had no control.  Also possible no cause was revealed because an autopsy is pending and/or no one really knows what happened.

Or maybe the family just doesn't want to have it talked about. I grew up a few streets away from a tight-knit Italian immigrant community. They had this superstition that if you merely mentioned the word "cancer," you were doomed to contract the disease and die from it.    My closest childhood friend from that neighborhood sill dances around the word, even though she was born here and is well educated. 

I never saw the Karate Kid movies, so I don't know Mr. Garrison, but I'm not going to engage in idle speculation about his death and participate in rumor-mongering.  I'll just wish him rest in peace.

@Applewood

Little testy about this,ain't ya?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #907 on: September 29, 2019, 01:25:04 pm »
@Applewood

Little testy about this,ain't ya?

@sneakypete

Testy?  Nah.  Life is too short for me to get worked up over your baseless allegations.  Just making the point that once again you are likely talking out of your backside.  As usual.  LOL

Offline TomSea

« Reply #908 on: September 29, 2019, 04:54:34 pm »
@sneakypete

But per article, there is this:  "...he had been in the hospital for the past month, suffering from kidney and liver problems, and she added that his organs shut down." I guess, this could fit in with an HIV/AIDS diagnosis but this is not how I usually perceive the auto-immune system breaking down. Maybe that happens.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #909 on: September 29, 2019, 05:28:14 pm »
@sneakypete

But per article, there is this:  "...he had been in the hospital for the past month, suffering from kidney and liver problems, and she added that his organs shut down." I guess, this could fit in with an HIV/AIDS diagnosis but this is not how I usually perceive the auto-immune system breaking down. Maybe that happens.

@TomSea

I have no idea if AIDS causes that or not. It might cause the body/immune system to break down where that can happen,or maybe not.

I know that when someone who is famous or semi-famous dies and nobody wants to talk about how or why they died,there is usually something behind it they don't want to talk about.

I also know I don't really care. They are dead now,and they can neither harm anyone else or be harmed by anyone else. Judgements like "good" or "Bad" are no longer relevant to them.

Truth to tell,I don't really understand why someone would feel the need to hide the fact that someone they loved died from AIDS. It's a freaking disease,and not picky and choosy about who it kills. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #910 on: September 29, 2019, 05:32:45 pm »
@TomSea

I have no idea if AIDS causes that or not. It might cause the body/immune system to break down where that can happen,or maybe not.

I know that when someone who is famous or semi-famous dies and nobody wants to talk about how or why they died,there is usually something behind it they don't want to talk about.

I also know I don't really care. They are dead now,and they can neither harm anyone else or be harmed by anyone else. Judgements like "good" or "Bad" are no longer relevant to them.

Truth to tell,I don't really understand why someone would feel the need to hide the fact that someone they loved died from AIDS. It's a freaking disease,and not picky and choosy about who it kills.

Their families and loved ones CAN be hurt by thoughtless comments though.

And, the AIDS thing - because many will take that as a sign of moral failing, and maybe the family just doesn't want that to be what people remember about the deceased person.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #911 on: September 30, 2019, 10:47:50 am »
Their families and loved ones CAN be hurt by thoughtless comments though.

And, the AIDS thing - because many will take that as a sign of moral failing, and maybe the family just doesn't want that to be what people remember about the deceased person.
THere might be a reason for the 'sign of a moral failing' thing. Relatively few have been infected that it was determined the infection did not result from a moral failing of some sort.

First Responders, medical personnel, those receiving tainted blood, and the occasional dental or other patient who was serviced with poorly sterilized equipment are those most at risk, aside from the group who can be lumped under "moral failings"
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #912 on: September 30, 2019, 01:55:18 pm »
THere might be a reason for the 'sign of a moral failing' thing. Relatively few have been infected that it was determined the infection did not result from a moral failing of some sort.

First Responders, medical personnel, those receiving tainted blood, and the occasional dental or other patient who was serviced with poorly sterilized equipment are those most at risk, aside from the group who can be lumped under "moral failings"

Of course, but we ALL have moral failings, and maybe the family doesn't want that to be "the thing" they are remembered for. 

And, what business is it of ours?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #913 on: September 30, 2019, 04:34:47 pm »
Of course, but we ALL have moral failings,... 

@Sanguine

Not ME!

Well,maybe a few.

None at all. Still,we have a right to be curious and discuss things away from the hearing of the family. No harm,no foul.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #914 on: September 30, 2019, 07:17:31 pm »
Of course, but we ALL have moral failings, and maybe the family doesn't want that to be "the thing" they are remembered for. 

Well, if I am a first responder or medical personnel, I'd damn sure want to know. Not all moral failings result in diseases that are contagious (blood borne pathogen) and lethal.

As far as someone dying in the privacy of their own home, yeah, only the cleanup crew need be aware.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 07:18:40 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #915 on: September 30, 2019, 07:41:29 pm »
Well, if I am a first responder or medical personnel, I'd damn sure want to know. Not all moral failings result in diseases that are contagious (blood borne pathogen) and lethal.

As far as someone dying in the privacy of their own home, yeah, only the cleanup crew need be aware.

He's dead.  We don't need to know.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #916 on: September 30, 2019, 08:04:21 pm »
He's dead.  We don't need to know.

I'm tempted to wish some other noteworthy would kick off just to bring in a new sub-sub-topic.

The arrogant Wilson and his partner-in-slime brought years of misery to a decent man. That's his epitaph and legacy as far as I'm concerned.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #917 on: September 30, 2019, 08:42:55 pm »
I'm tempted to wish some other noteworthy would kick off just to bring in a new sub-sub-topic.

The arrogant Wilson and his partner-in-slime brought years of misery to a decent man. That's his epitaph and legacy as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah, I'd kind of like to move on from this, too.  Would I be a terrible destroyer of the 1st Amendment if I asked for it to stop now?  (Parting shot:  It's not my business about how the topics of this thread met their maker.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #918 on: September 30, 2019, 09:10:51 pm »

Don't forget the wives and (unborn) children of men with HIV.

On the continent of Africa many men are extremely promiscuous and infect their wives, and many pre-born babies.

There are a lot of innocent victims of AIDS there........ and obviously some here.

One of the great medical needs of this century has been the need to give antiretrovirals to the wives and children of these louts.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Applewood

« Reply #919 on: September 30, 2019, 10:37:11 pm »
Jessye Norman, Grammy-Winning Opera Singer, Dies at 74

Jessye Norman, a heralded soprano opera singer who won four Grammy Awards and the National Medal of Arts, has died at the age of 74, according to a statement from a representative for her family.

Norman died in New York Monday morning from septic shock and multi-organ failure secondary to complications of a spinal cord injury she had sustained in 2015, according to the statement.

https://variety.com/2019/music/news/jessye-norman-grammy-winning-opera-singer-dead-dies-1203354121/

Offline musiclady

« Reply #920 on: September 30, 2019, 10:44:53 pm »
Oh, my!  That's a loss!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #921 on: October 01, 2019, 12:39:54 pm »
... In 2002, she performed “America the Beautiful” at a service unveiling two columns of light at the site of the former World Trade Center, honoring the victims of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, and the following year partnered with the Rachel Longstreet Foundation to open the Jessye Norman School of the Arts for economically disadvantaged students in her hometown of Augusta. In 2014, she published a memoir, “Stand Up Straight and Sing!”
Yes, quite a loss.  :crying:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 10:59:33 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #922 on: October 01, 2019, 01:46:04 pm »
Oh, my!  That's a loss!

Yes, it is. 

Offline TomSea

« Reply #923 on: October 01, 2019, 08:37:42 pm »
R.I.P. Oriales Rubio: Sen. Marco Rubio’s mother passes away at 88
October 1, 2019 by Alberto de la Cruz

Our deepest and most heartfelt condolences go out to Sen. Marco Rubio and the Rubio family on the passing of Oriales Rubio. As a Cuban refugee, Oriales watched her son Marco achieve incredible success thanks to her and her husband’s sacrifices to ensure their children grew up in freedom.

The Cuban exile community has lost another wonderful mother and grandmother. But the legacy of her courage and hard work will live on in her children.

Via Florida Politics:

Marco Rubio’s mother, Oriales Rubio, has died

U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio’s mother, Oriales, has died at 88, he confirmed on Instagram.

“My mother Oria Rubio returned to be with the Lord on Friday night,” Rubio wrote. “God blessed her with almost 89 years of life filled with love. And with a peaceful death surrounded by those who loved her.

“The love she had for her children [is] but a glimpse of the even greater love God has for His. And the joy we shared in this life foreshadow(s) the even greater joy we will share in the next. We will live together again. Under a new heaven & in a new earth. God himself will live among us. And there will be ‘no more death or mourning, wailing or pain.’ ”

Read more at: https://babalublog.com/2019/10/01/r-i-p-oriales-rubio-sen-marco-rubios-mother-passes-away-at-88/

Marco Rubio
@marcorubio
He will destroy death forever. The Lord GOD will wipe away
the tears from all faces;

Isaiah 25:8
5:40 AM · Oct 1, 2019·Twitter for iPad

Marco Rubio
@marcorubio
For since death came through a human being,the resurrection of the dead came also through a human being. For just as in Adam all die,so too in Christ shall all be brought to life
1 Cor 21-22
6:21 AM · Sep 28, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/1177906075175178240

« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 08:49:31 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #924 on: October 01, 2019, 08:45:00 pm »
Even the English-language press covered this one fully:

José José: Mexico's 'Prince of Song' dies aged 71
    29 September 2019

José José received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2004

Popular Mexican singer José José, known as the "Prince of Song", has died at the age of 71.

The culture ministry confirmed his death on Saturday, describing him as one of Mexico's most-loved voices.

Known for his heartfelt ballads, José José's career spanned five decades, during which he received several Grammy nominations.

The crooner died at a hospital in South Florida following a battle with pancreatic cancer, media reports say.

Read more at: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-49868924

So, his singing might be closest to artists like Johnny Mathis, Engelbert Humperdinck, maybe adult contemporary though they call it "Romanitica" and that is what Julio Iglesias sings too.

My chance, a singer from Spain, Camilo Sesto passed away September 8th, 2019. I was not aware of this previously. That same kind of music.

wikipedia

It seems there was the passing of some other known personality in the past few days, I can not remember now, who that was.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 08:45:48 pm by TomSea »