Author Topic: Obituaries for 2019  (Read 106968 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Obituaries for 2019
« Reply #800 on: August 30, 2019, 02:40:18 am »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Mod1

« Reply #801 on: August 30, 2019, 04:05:11 pm »
Merging with obituary thread, as her death already has been reported there.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #802 on: August 30, 2019, 10:56:18 pm »
Breaking- Valerie Harper dead at 80

https://people.com/celebrity/valerie-harper-dead-obituary/amp/

Rest In Peace Rhoda
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 10:57:09 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #803 on: August 30, 2019, 11:30:03 pm »
Breaking- Valerie Harper dead at 80

https://people.com/celebrity/valerie-harper-dead-obituary/amp/

Rest In Peace Rhoda
@Gefn
She fought one of the gutsiest fights you'll ever see against an insidious killer.

RIP.

Rhoda, "Joe" (series premiere)

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #804 on: August 31, 2019, 12:00:56 am »
That's a shame.  She did fight that awful cancer with grit and class.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

« Reply #805 on: August 31, 2019, 12:10:38 am »
May Miss Harper rest in peace.  Really enjoyed her on the Mary Tyler Moore Show and Rhoda. 

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #806 on: August 31, 2019, 12:13:47 am »
May Miss Harper rest in peace.  Really enjoyed her on the Mary Tyler Moore Show and Rhoda.
Ditto. Prayers up for her friends and family.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline corbe

« Reply #807 on: August 31, 2019, 03:24:01 am »

5 years ago, she was still Beautiful, RIP.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #808 on: September 01, 2019, 12:14:00 am »
Rest in peace Valerie Harper, I remember a few years ago, when her early struggle became public knowledge... that's about 5 years so I don't remember the specifics.  Thank you for all the good times and comedy, when network comedies had real class, a golden age.

To other:
Jim Langer: Miami Dolphins Hall of Famer dies aged 71

Tributes have been paid to Miami Dolphins legend Jim Langer, who has died aged 71.

Langer was a key member of the Dolphins' 1972 team who went a whole season undefeated and is seen as one of the greatest centres in NFL history.

The two-time Super Bowl winner and Hall of Fame member died on Thursday, the Dolphins said.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/american-football/49531730

wikipedia

Also:

Italian Actor, Bodybuilder Franco Columbu, Dies At 78
7:06 AM PDT 8/31/2019 by the Associated Press

Besides his athletic career, Columbu also acted in popular TV series and movies. He appeared in Arnold Schwarzenegger's films 'The Terminator,' 'The Running Man' and 'Conan the Barbarian.'

Italian bodybuilder, boxer and actor Franco Columbu, one of Arnold Schwarzenegger's closest friends, has died aged 78.

Columbu died in a hospital in his native Sardinia on Friday afternoon after being taken ill while he was swimming in the sea.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/italian-actor-bodybuilder-franco-columbu-dies-at-78-1235911

wikipedia

More reading on Columbu per bodybuilding, http://www.musculardevelopment.com/news/the-mcgough-report/15927-tales-of-two-time-olympia-champ-franco-columbu.html#.XWsOqEdOkdU

Maybe I vaguely know who he was. I have been into that scene for awhile but for a period of time, I'd buy a muscle mag once in a while.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 12:21:12 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #809 on: September 05, 2019, 09:07:08 pm »
Country Singer Kylie Rae Harris Dead at 30
[Entertainment Tonight]
Meredith B. Kile‍
Entertainment TonightSeptember 5, 2019
Country Singer Kylie Rae Harris Dead at 30
The performer died following a car accident in New Mexico on Wednesday.

Country singer Kylie Rae Harris has died at age 30 after a car accident in New Mexico on Wednesday, according to multiple reports.

The "Twenty Years From Now" singer was traveling to her performance at Michael Hearne’s Big Barn Dance festival when she was involved in a three-car collision on State Road 522, according to The Tennessean and the Associated Press. Harris and a 16-year-old girl were killed, while a third driver escaped injury. According to the AP, the Sheriff's Office says alcohol is suspected as being a factor in the crash.

Read more at: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/country-singer-kylie-rae-harris-193441062.html

Sounds like this "Road 522" where this accident occurred is in very far North New Mexico near Colorado, the article mentions Taos.

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/life/a28929233/kylie-rae-harris-death-car-accident/

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
Kylie released her latest album earlier this year, including a song she wrote for her 6-year-old daughter, Corbie, "Twenty Years From Now
."

One article called her a rising country star from Texas, not sure what part of Texas.

I especially like that song she wrote for her daughter, Corbie, I'll try to find it later.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 09:21:53 pm by TomSea »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #810 on: September 05, 2019, 09:22:59 pm »
@Gefn
She fought one of the gutsiest fights you'll ever see against an insidious killer.

RIP.

Rhoda, "Joe" (series premiere)

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

That was SO MUCH FUN to watch, @EasyAce !  Thanks!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #811 on: September 06, 2019, 12:13:51 am »
That was SO MUCH FUN to watch, @EasyAce !  Thanks!
@musiclady
Introducing Rhoda . . .

The Mary Tyler Moore Show, "Love is All Around" (series premiere)

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #812 on: September 06, 2019, 05:41:12 am »
Zimbabwe's former president Robert Mugabe dies in Singapore
[Reuters]Reuters6 September 2019

SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Zimbabwe's former president Robert Mugabe has died aged 95, the country's President Emmerson Mnangagwa said on his official Twitter account.

Mugabe died in Singapore, where he has often received medical treatment in recent years, a source with direct knowledge of the matter told Reuters.

Read more at: https://sg.news.yahoo.com/zimbabwes-former-president-robert-mugabe-052447286.html

It's amazing, it seems like only 2 or 3 years ago, he was forced to vacate the presidency, coup or however one would term it.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 05:42:29 am by TomSea »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #813 on: September 06, 2019, 12:23:28 pm »

Carol Lynley, ‘The Poseidon Adventure’ Star, Dies at 77

Actress Carol Lynley, best known for her role in the 1972 film “The Poseidon Adventure,” died at her Pacific Palisades home Tuesday after suffering a heart attack, according to her friend, actor Trent Dolan. She was 77.

Lynley began her career as a child model, appearing on the cover of Life magazine at the age of 15, before starring in Disney’s “The Light in the Forest” and the independent film “Holiday for Lovers.” Shortly after, she secured a breakout role in the 1958 Broadway play “Blue Denim” and its subsequent film adaptation, in which she played 15-year-old Janet Willard tasked with figuring out how to undergo an illegal abortion.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/carol-lynley-dead-dies-the-poseidon-adventure-1203325524/
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 12:24:22 pm by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline verga

« Reply #814 on: September 06, 2019, 03:11:49 pm »

Carol Lynley, ‘The Poseidon Adventure’ Star, Dies at 77

Actress Carol Lynley, best known for her role in the 1972 film “The Poseidon Adventure,” died at her Pacific Palisades home Tuesday after suffering a heart attack, according to her friend, actor Trent Dolan. She was 77.

Lynley began her career as a child model, appearing on the cover of Life magazine at the age of 15, before starring in Disney’s “The Light in the Forest” and the independent film “Holiday for Lovers.” Shortly after, she secured a breakout role in the 1958 Broadway play “Blue Denim” and its subsequent film adaptation, in which she played 15-year-old Janet Willard tasked with figuring out how to undergo an illegal abortion.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/carol-lynley-dead-dies-the-poseidon-adventure-1203325524/
I had a serious crush on her
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #815 on: September 06, 2019, 03:13:20 pm »

Yeah, I had a crush on anyone in "Hotpants" back then too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #816 on: September 06, 2019, 03:25:40 pm »

She was a bit of a cutie-pie, that one.  RIP.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #817 on: September 06, 2019, 03:42:29 pm »
Yeah, I had a crush on anyone in "Hotpants" back then too.

Back then I thought Raquel Welch was the sexist woman who ever lived.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #818 on: September 06, 2019, 03:51:28 pm »
Don't remember much about Miss Lynley except that she was in one of two biographical movies about Jean Harlow which were released about the same time.  The other movie starred Carroll Baker.  I saw both flicks and my reaction to them was "meh.'  But then again, most bio-flicks are phony and overdone.

Anyway, rest in peace, Miss Lynley.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #819 on: September 06, 2019, 04:09:35 pm »
Don't remember much about Miss Lynley except that she was in one of two biographical movies about Jean Harlow which were released about the same time.  The other movie starred Carroll Baker.  I saw both flicks and my reaction to them was "meh.'  But then again, most bio-flicks are phony and overdone.

Anyway, rest in peace, Miss Lynley.

Were they made-for-tv movies? I enjoy a lot of made-for-tv movies but they probably are not usually, up to the standard of a major budget motion picture. Not that I'm a big fan of most of what Hollywood puts out now and for some time.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #820 on: September 06, 2019, 04:16:26 pm »
Back then I thought Raquel Welch was the sexist woman who ever lived.

Every other 12 year old boy had that 1 Million Years BC poster in their bedroom.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 04:17:27 pm by skeeter »

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #821 on: September 06, 2019, 04:21:45 pm »
It's amazing, it seems like only 2 or 3 years ago, he was forced to vacate the presidency, coup or however one would term it.

Hooray! Zimbabwean Dictator Robert Mugabe Dead at 95

Today must become a public holiday in Zimbabwe: Robert Mugabe, the country's ancient dictator, has finally died. The freedom fighter turned autocratic-oppressor-of-his-own-people was 95-years-old when he breathed his last breath.
Or as The Daily Telegraph puts it:

Robert Mugabe, the former president of Zimbabwe who has died aged 95, began his 37 years in power as a Nobel Peace Prize nominee credited with creating Africa’s most successful multiracial state.
By the time he was ousted in November 2017 his repressive determination to remain in charge had driven the country into ruin and ensured his place as an international pariah ...

I'm not big on grave-dancing, but for newly deceased monsters like Mugabe, I'll dance. Good riddance!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #822 on: September 06, 2019, 04:40:57 pm »

I'm not big on grave-dancing, but for newly deceased monsters like Mugabe, I'll dance. Good riddance!

I'll dance on that evil SOB's grave all day and all night!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #823 on: September 06, 2019, 04:43:30 pm »
I'll dance on that evil SOB's grave all day and all night!

Will Obastard be at the funeral snapping selfies again?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

« Reply #824 on: September 06, 2019, 04:53:56 pm »

Go ahead & dance. Every so often someone’s passing leaves the world a better place.