Author Topic: Obituaries for 2019  (Read 106966 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Obituaries for 2019
« Reply #750 on: August 10, 2019, 01:12:54 pm »
Jeffrey Epstein
Sex trafficker and financier to the stars commits suicide at 66

Developing...

ABC News

Wikipedia
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #751 on: August 10, 2019, 01:36:20 pm »
I am not an expert of correctional institute workings, but how does someone on suicide watch commit suicide?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #752 on: August 10, 2019, 01:38:11 pm »
"The Clintons killed Epstein" in 3...2...1...

*****rollingeyes*****

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #753 on: August 11, 2019, 02:57:30 pm »
"The Clintons killed Epstein" in 3...2...1...

*****rollingeyes*****
I think it would be naive to assume that they had nothing to do with unusual lapses in policy for a potentially damaging witness who was on suicide watch. At least he didn't repeatedly shoot himself in the back of the head or something...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #754 on: August 11, 2019, 04:18:29 pm »
I think it would be naive to assume that they had nothing to do with unusual lapses in policy for a potentially damaging witness who was on suicide watch. At least he didn't repeatedly shoot himself in the back of the head or something...

:yowsa:  Especially in view of this:

DOWNSIDE LEGACY AT TWO DEGREES OF PRESIDENT CLINTON
SECTION: REMEMBERING THE DEAD
SUBSECTION: List of Names
Revised 7/14/00

https://web.archive.org/web/20010408073917/http://alamo-girl.com/0463.htm
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #755 on: August 11, 2019, 10:07:21 pm »

@Smokin Joe

IIRC,it was the local sheriff in Texas who announced on a radio program that he had proof that LBJ had rigged his first run for public office,and would be testifying before a grand jury in a day or two that "shot himself in the back" the day before he was due to give his testimony.

He wasn't a slacker,either. He didn't just shoot himself in the back,he did it multiple times,with a rifle. A single shot bolt-action 22 rifle.

You rarely see suicides with that level of dedication.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #756 on: August 12, 2019, 06:13:34 am »
@Smokin Joe

IIRC,it was the local sheriff in Texas who announced on a radio program that he had proof that LBJ had rigged his first run for public office,and would be testifying before a grand jury in a day or two that "shot himself in the back" the day before he was due to give his testimony.

He wasn't a slacker,either. He didn't just shoot himself in the back,he did it multiple times,with a rifle. A single shot bolt-action 22 rifle.

Yeah, I recall one, a fastidiously neat fellow, who 'had the goods' on some corruption in the State I grew up in. The official verdict was that he had committed suicide by repeatedly slashing his own wrists and throat. Like you said, "dedication". Even the verdict was a message how deep the corruption was there.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #757 on: August 12, 2019, 02:26:23 pm »
@Smokin Joe

Ah! The Billie Sol Estes/LBJ kerfluffle! I remember it well @sneakypete

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #758 on: August 14, 2019, 02:50:37 pm »

Wasn't the lawyer for the accused Racehorse Haynes?

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #759 on: August 14, 2019, 02:52:47 pm »
Wasn't the lawyer for the accused Racehorse Haynes?

I don't think so but I think Percy Foreman was.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 03:19:55 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #760 on: August 14, 2019, 03:05:49 pm »

The "Kefauver Kerfuffle" does flow rather trippingly off the tongue.... :laugh:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #761 on: August 14, 2019, 04:50:34 pm »
The "Kefauver Kerfuffle" does flow rather trippingly off the tongue.... :laugh:
@Cyber Liberty
I just said it three times fast. The operative word is "trippingly" . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #762 on: August 14, 2019, 05:00:03 pm »
@Cyber Liberty
I just said it three times fast. The operative word is "trippingly" . . .

:happyhappy:

Yer a good man, @EasyAce!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #763 on: August 16, 2019, 10:44:08 pm »
Peter Fonda, 'Easy Rider' Architect and Counter-Cultural Icon, Dies at 79
3:26 PM PDT 8/16/2019 by Duane Byrge

Fonda, the son of acting legend Henry Fonda, the younger brother of Jane Fonda and the father of Bridget Fonda, died Friday morning.

Peter Fonda, who broke out from under the legendary Fonda family name with Easy Rider, has died. He was 79.

Fonda, the son of acting legend Henry Fonda, the younger brother of Jane Fonda and the father of Bridget Fonda, died Friday morning at his home in Los Angeles, according to his rep.   ... Hollywood Reporter

Stonewall Jackson  @1776Stonewall
Peter Fonda died. . . You know, the guy who said that the 12 year old son of the president should be kidnapped. That guy. Yeah, he died
6:38 PM · Aug 16, 2019

« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 10:46:12 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #764 on: August 16, 2019, 11:13:23 pm »

Stonewall Jackson  @1776Stonewall
Peter Fonda died. . . You know, the guy who said that the 12 year old son of the president should be kidnapped. That guy. Yeah, he died
6:38 PM · Aug 16, 2019

@mountaineer

Yes,but I am sure he meant a 12 year old child should be "stabbed and raped" in only the kindest and most loving of ways.</S>
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline rustynail

« Reply #765 on: August 16, 2019, 11:34:38 pm »
Jane.....

Offline musiclady

« Reply #766 on: August 17, 2019, 02:14:19 am »
I wonder if Peter dealt with all that unhealthy anger before he died?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #767 on: August 17, 2019, 02:43:48 am »
Jane.....

Henry Fonda should get the all time award for sireing Crappy Children.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #768 on: August 17, 2019, 02:49:52 am »

Fonda, the son of acting legend Henry Fonda, the younger brother of Jane Fonda and the father of Bridget Fonda, died Friday morning.

Peter Fonda, who broke out from under the legendary Fonda family name with Easy Rider, has died. He was 79.

The Republic is lost.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #769 on: August 17, 2019, 09:51:57 am »
Reading about Fonda's passing and being reminded of that lovely tweet made me look up some information about his father, Henry.  Henry Fonda was a good actor, but by all accounts, he was a lousy husband and father.  He has often been described as "cold and distant" toward his children.  Perhaps that explains the behavior of his children.

I enjoyed "Easy Rider" when it came out back in the 1960s, but then again, I was a dumb kid with the typical liberal leanings of that period.  Saw the movie again some years later after I grew up and became more conservative and it just wasn't the same.  And while that movie made Peter Fonda a star, I don't think his subsequent work was all that wonderful. 

With regard to that tweet, Fonda allegedly expressed "regret" at having sent it, which I guess is about as close to an actual apology we will ever get from him -- or his sister, or that matter.  It seems that lefties usually don't really apologize for their actions.

Whatever -- Mr. Fonda is in God's hands now and He will do the judging, not me.  So as a Christian, I will pray that Mr.. Fonda rests in peace and that God will comfort his loved ones.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #770 on: August 17, 2019, 12:21:42 pm »
Reading about Fonda's passing and being reminded of that lovely tweet made me look up some information about his father, Henry.  Henry Fonda was a good actor, but by all accounts, he was a lousy husband and father.  He has often been described as "cold and distant" toward his children.  Perhaps that explains the behavior of his children.

I enjoyed "Easy Rider" when it came out back in the 1960s, but then again, I was a dumb kid with the typical liberal leanings of that period.  Saw the movie again some years later after I grew up and became more conservative and it just wasn't the same.  And while that movie made Peter Fonda a star, I don't think his subsequent work was all that wonderful. 

With regard to that tweet, Fonda allegedly expressed "regret" at having sent it, which I guess is about as close to an actual apology we will ever get from him -- or his sister, or that matter.  It seems that lefties usually don't really apologize for their actions.

Whatever -- Mr. Fonda is in God's hands now and He will do the judging, not me.  So as a Christian, I will pray that Mr.. Fonda rests in peace and that God will comfort his loved ones.

Good points.  I might be a little younger than you, so it's R rating didn't allow me to see Easy Rider until the cable era of the late '70's.
I was always conservative, but loved counterculture music.  But honestly, seeing this movie for the 1st time in my early 20's, my take of  it was a show with good music, but overall just an awful unwatchable flick.  And watching it half ass even recently?  It has not held up well in the test of time.

And if that's Fonda's legacy.....   Too bad.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #771 on: August 17, 2019, 01:45:46 pm »

Beautifully said.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #772 on: August 17, 2019, 03:18:40 pm »
Good points.  I might be a little younger than you, so it's R rating didn't allow me to see Easy Rider until the cable era of the late '70's.
I was always conservative, but loved counterculture music.  But honestly, seeing this movie for the 1st time in my early 20's, my take of  it was a show with good music, but overall just an awful unwatchable flick.  And watching it half ass even recently?  It has not held up well in the test of time.

And if that's Fonda's legacy.....   Too bad.

The movie was released in 1969 and I was 16 or 17 at the time -- which allowed me to see R rated movies without my parents.  Personally, I believe Dennis Hopper was the better actor in Easy Rider.  And if I'm not mistaken, this was Jack Nicholson's breakout movie.  Certainly defined his unusual style in his next big hit, Five Easy Pieces, and subsequent  films.

I agree -- Easy Rider has not stood the test of time as have so many other classics.  For example, I can watch Casablanca over and over again and that movie was made in the 1940s.  Maybe it's because movies like Casablanca exemplify certain timeless values like doing the right thing, resisting temptation and fighting a real enemy.  Most newer movies have no morals and no values and who the H knows who the hero and the villain are supposed to be? 

But now I'm ranting and getting off the subject.  I do that a lot in my old age.   happy77

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #773 on: August 17, 2019, 08:03:25 pm »
Excellent movie review, @Applewood !  I've always preferred old movies like Casablanca to anything so self-consciously "edgy" and desperately meaningful as a modern one.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline verga

« Reply #774 on: August 18, 2019, 06:09:57 pm »

Fonda, the son of acting legend Henry Fonda, the younger brother of Jane Fonda and the father of Bridget Fonda, died Friday morning at his home in Los Angeles, according to his rep.   ... Hollywood Reporter

I can't say anything nice so......
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.