Author Topic: Obituaries for 2019  (Read 107466 times)

Offline dfwgator

Re: Obituaries for 2019
« Reply #225 on: March 04, 2019, 06:34:15 pm »
I knew it was just a matter of days when I read they put him in a medical induced coma....

Yep, basically it was to get all the loved ones there to say goodbye.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #226 on: March 05, 2019, 02:21:54 pm »
King Kong Bundy
Professional wrestler dies at 61

Bundy (real name Chris Pallies) had a relatively short career in professional wrestling, but his brief and meteoric rise in the WWF came at the peak of the federation's Rock'n'Wrestling era in the mid-1980s. His fame came to the attention of the writers of an upcoming domestic sitcom, Married...with Children, who were huge fans of the wrestler and named their characters "Bundy" after him. Bundy himself would make three appearances in that show.

Bundy died February 4. He had been part of an unsuccessful class-action suit alleging that what is now WWE had inflicted long-term damage to his health in the years prior to his death.

Obituary from Pro Wrestling Sheet

Wikipedia
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #227 on: March 05, 2019, 05:03:39 pm »
King Kong Bundy
Professional wrestler dies at 61

Bundy (real name Chris Pallies) had a relatively short career in professional wrestling, but his brief and meteoric rise in the WWF came at the peak of the federation's Rock'n'Wrestling era in the mid-1980s. His fame came to the attention of the writers of an upcoming domestic sitcom, Married...with Children, who were huge fans of the wrestler and named their characters "Bundy" after him. Bundy himself would make three appearances in that show.

Bundy died February 4. He had been part of an unsuccessful class-action suit alleging that what is now WWE had inflicted long-term damage to his health in the years prior to his death.

Obituary from Pro Wrestling Sheet

Wikipedia

8888crybaby

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #228 on: March 07, 2019, 11:19:56 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline verga

« Reply #229 on: March 07, 2019, 01:17:28 pm »

Okay that is just sick and twisted, funny but sick and twisted.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #230 on: March 07, 2019, 08:55:43 pm »
Elly Mayday has passed away, a "positive-image" or "plus-size" model... Canadian... she contracted ovarian cancer a few years ago, like 2013. She has passed on at only 30 years old.

So, then, I assume from this 2017 picture, the cancer caused a lot of weight loss, one would have to read the story closely for all of the details. It sounds like per 2017, they thought the cancer had gone away but it came back.

Plus-size model Elly Mayday dies of ovarian cancer at the age of 30, after spending years proudly showing off her scars and candidly sharing her ongoing struggle with the disease

Elly, who was born Ashley Luther, passed away on Friday, March 1, at 5:14 p.m
    The Canadian-born model was first diagnosed with ovarian cancer in 2013
    After believing she had beaten cancer, she suffered a relapse in 2017
    Over the years, she has opened up about her surgeries, injections, and fatigue, all while showing gratitude and love for her body
    Elly's family announced her death on her social media pages in a moving post that thanked her fans for their 'constant support and love'

By Erica Tempesta For Dailymail.com
Published: 16:19 EST, 6 March 2019 | Updated: 22:53 EST, 6 March 2019

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6778971/Plus-size-model-Elly-Mayday-dies-ovarian-cancer-age-30.html

Rest in peace, she sounds like she was a very good person.

8888crybaby

« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 09:22:08 pm by TomSea »

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #231 on: March 08, 2019, 04:29:15 pm »
The Destroyer Dick Beyer dies (great professional wrestler)

Dick Beyer, who left an incredible legacy as The Intelligent, Sensational Destroyer, as former AWA World champion Doctor X, and as a coach, died today, March 7, just after noon eastern time in his home just outside Buffalo, New York. He was 88.

His son, Kurt Beyer, posted the news:

"It is with a very heavy heart to let you know that Dad -- aka The Destroyer, aka Doctor X, aka Dick Beyer, aka Coach -- passed away shortly past Noon today. He was in bed at home, and was surrounded by all of his children and wife as he slipped peacefully away. I will have more to share later, but wanted you to hear this sad news from me first. Thoughts and prayers are most welcome at his time. Peace."

More

Wikipedia

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #232 on: March 08, 2019, 04:34:24 pm »
Rest in peace, she sounds like she was a very good person.

8888crybaby

She probably was, but, the sad truth is: Obesity contributes to metastasis in ovarian cancer. Body positivity doesn’t equate to health.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #233 on: March 08, 2019, 05:23:47 pm »

Airwolf star Jan-Michael Vincent dies aged 74 after suffering cardiac arrest

The Denver born star had many credits to his name, with his career spanning back to the late 1960s.

His last role was in the 2002 drama White Boy.

But it was his role as helicopter pilot Stringfellow Hawke in Airwolf that made him a star. The show, which ran from 1984 to 1986, earned him $200,000 per episode, making him the highest paid actor at the time.

At the height of his fame he admitted to issues with drugs and alcohol - which reportedly contributed to the cancellation of his the CBS series in 1986 - and confessed in recent years that he was still struggling with alcoholism.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6787161/Airwolf-star-Jan-Michael-Vincent-dies-aged-74-suffering-cardiac-arrest.html

------

Airwolf was one of the coolest shows ever. Too bad JMV had to fall down the drug/alcohol hole like so many others. Surprising he lived as long as he did.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

« Reply #234 on: March 08, 2019, 05:36:05 pm »
Surprising he lived as long as he did.

Preserved by the substances, aka Keith Richards Syndrome.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #235 on: March 08, 2019, 05:40:39 pm »

Preserved by the substances, aka Keith Richards Syndrome.

Probably saved money at the undertakers, not having to be embalmed.  :whistle:
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

« Reply #236 on: March 08, 2019, 05:49:26 pm »
Probably saved money at the undertakers, not having to be embalmed.  :whistle

But, you can get a contact buzz at the cremation, ala Amy Winehouse.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #237 on: March 08, 2019, 06:41:26 pm »
Used to think Jan Michael-Vincent was such a hunk.  But then he ruined his life with substance abuse.  Just look at that recent photo and compare it to the others from his heyday.

He had a minor role in one of the Dragnet episodes (the 1967-1970 version of the series).  He played a teenager who had been attacked by a mentally unbalanced classmate. 

I pray he now finds peace he must not have had in his life on earth.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #238 on: March 08, 2019, 08:37:02 pm »
Used to think Jan Michael-Vincent was such a hunk.  But then he ruined his life with substance abuse.  Just look at that recent photo and compare it to the others from his heyday.
Yes, I remember that he was quite the "dreamboat." From that -

to this -

Yikes.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 08:38:05 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mrclose

« Reply #239 on: March 08, 2019, 08:48:54 pm »
Drugs, jail and drinking really took a toll!
(And a bad car accident)

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline musiclady

« Reply #240 on: March 08, 2019, 08:56:49 pm »
Lifestyle choices make quite a difference in one's appearance in advancing years.

I'm sure he never thought when he was young and beautiful that his bad choices would result in such a severe degeneration of his good looks.  **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #241 on: March 08, 2019, 09:13:15 pm »
'The Mechanic', Charles Bronson, Jan Michael Vincent.

I know of another late celebrity who had to have his leg amputated because of diabetes, he lived hard too.  The lifestyle really takes its toll on some, some apparently get by.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #242 on: March 08, 2019, 09:23:20 pm »
'The Mechanic', Charles Bronson, Jan Michael Vincent.

I know of another late celebrity who had to have his leg amputated because of diabetes, he lived hard too.  The lifestyle really takes its toll on some, some apparently get by.

I think he lost his in a car accident....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline TomSea

« Reply #243 on: March 08, 2019, 10:42:31 pm »
And now this:

Former Miss Teen Universe Lotte van der Zee dead at 20 after suffering heart attack while on vacation
By Mark Hodge | The Sun

A former Miss Teen Universe has died after suffering a fatal heart attack on a ski trip. She was 20.

Model Lotte van der Zee, from Holland, passed away after falling into a coma following her cardiac arrest while on holiday in Westendorf, Austria with her family.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/former-miss-teen-universe-lotte-van-der-zee-dead-at-20-after-suffering-heart-attack-while-on-vacation

A lot of people have some heart problems that they do not know about. This reminds me of that, she was skiing. Tragic. In my thoughts and prayers.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #244 on: March 08, 2019, 10:50:18 pm »
Drugs, jail and drinking really took a toll!
(And a bad car accident)

@mrclose

Well,to be fair to him,50 years have passed between the photos. I realize that *I* may look exactly like I did when I was 22,but most people aren't so lucky.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #245 on: March 08, 2019, 10:53:55 pm »
And now this:

A lot of people have some heart problems that they do not know about. This reminds me of that, she was skiing. Tragic. In my thoughts and prayers.

@TomSea

Yeah,that one is going to get a very thorough autopsy. That just ain't supposed to happen to skinny 20 year olds.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #246 on: March 10, 2019, 06:17:46 pm »
Babe Ruth's last surviving daughter dies at 102

HENDERSON, Nev. -- Julia Ruth Stevens, the last surviving daughter of Hall of Fame baseball slugger Babe Ruth and a decades-long champion of his legacy, has died at age 102, her family has announced.

Her family said Stevens died Saturday morning at an assisted living facility in Henderson, Nevada, after a short illness.

"Julia was a loving wife, mother, grandmother and great grandmother who lived a wonderful, full life during the 102 years that she was with us," her family said in a statement posted on Babe Ruth Central's Facebook page.

Diane Murphy, a fellow resident at Prestige Senior Living at Mira Loma in Henderson, told The Associated Press that Stevens had lost her sight but remained bright and vibrant.

Stevens was part of a circle of residents who read books aloud, according to Murphy.

"She was so sharp and laughed at the right moments," Murphy said. "She was a lovely lady."

Even well into her 90s, Stevens threw out first pitches at baseball games across the nation, attended Hall of Fame induction ceremonies in Cooperstown, New York, and appeared at the annual Babe Ruth Little League World Series . . .

@Machiavelli

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #247 on: March 10, 2019, 06:34:06 pm »
God truly blessed Mrs. Stevens.  To live that long and still be vibrant, despite her infirmities, is marvelous.  We are fortunate to have had her for so long keeping the legacy of her father alive.

Rest in peace, Mrs. Stevens.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #248 on: March 10, 2019, 06:40:11 pm »
102. Wow.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #249 on: March 10, 2019, 06:43:39 pm »
@TomSea

Yeah,that one is going to get a very thorough autopsy. That just ain't supposed to happen to skinny 20 year olds.
My first instinct is bulimia.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024