Author Topic: Obituaries for 2019  (Read 106350 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Obituaries for 2019
« Reply #775 on: August 18, 2019, 07:22:56 pm »
Texas Longhorn football great Cedric Benson reported dead in motorcycle crash

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,372596.msg2036697.html#msg2036697

Online rustynail

« Reply #776 on: August 19, 2019, 11:14:04 am »
Kathleen Blanco, Louisiana governor during Hurricane Katrina, dies of cancer https://wlwt.com/article/kathle

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #777 on: August 19, 2019, 04:26:34 pm »
Kathleen Blanco, Louisiana governor during Hurricane Katrina, dies of cancer https://wlwt.com/article/kathle

15 years late.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #778 on: August 19, 2019, 05:01:02 pm »
I was always taught not to speak ill of the dead, but the governor and Mayor Nagan were the two most incompetent politicians I had ever seen.  And I have seen my share of incompetent politicians.  Sticks in my craw that they blamed President Bush for their own incompetence and the fact that their citizens are so dependent on government, they didn't know what to do in an  emergency. 

Anyway, Governor Blanco will be judged by God now.  It's not really up to me.  So I will wish her rest in peace and comfort for her loved ones.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #779 on: August 19, 2019, 05:06:22 pm »
I was always taught not to speak ill of the dead, but the governor and Mayor Nagan were the two most incompetent politicians I had ever seen.  And I have seen my share of incompetent politicians.  Sticks in my craw that they blamed President Bush for their own incompetence and the fact that their citizens are so dependent on government, they didn't know what to do in an  emergency. 

Anyway, Governor Blanco will be judged by God now.  It's not really up to me.  So I will wish her rest in peace and comfort for her loved ones.

Blanco and Nagin are useful in understanding Hanlon's Razor is not always quite correct.  They were both incompetent and malicious at the same time.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #780 on: August 20, 2019, 01:29:27 am »
Jack Whitaker, Emmy-Winning Sportscaster, Dies at 95

Jack Whitaker, an Emmy-winning sports broadcaster for more than three decades whose specialty was elegant, graceful commentaries, first for CBS and later for ABC, died on Sunday at his home in Devon, Pa. He was 95.

His death was announced by CBS Sports.

Whitaker was a thoughtful white-haired figure who covered just about every niche in the sports world — from the first Super Bowl to Secretariat’s victory in the Belmont Stakes, as well as baseball, golf and the Olympics. In 1961, he became the host of the anthology series “CBS Sports Spectacular,” and he began covering the P.G.A. Championship and the Masters in the early 1960s.

Excerpted, more at link: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/18/obituaries/jack-whitaker-dies.html
Let it burn.

Offline verga

« Reply #781 on: August 20, 2019, 01:06:33 pm »
Once again nothing nice to say.......
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

« Reply #782 on: August 20, 2019, 01:11:30 pm »

One of the things that P!$$ed me off the most was the pictures of all those school buses  sitting there partially under water and the libtards whining that the government didn't provide transportation to get them out. When you are told to get out get off your @$$ and leave. I have a BIL that lives in Virginia  Beach. We have told them on several occasions to get out. But he is a F%^KING hero and always chooses to stick it out. One of these days it will catch up with his libtard @$$.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #783 on: August 20, 2019, 02:16:24 pm »
@verga

Politicians create a population dependent upon government to do everything for them and bail them out when their own decisions lead to disaster.  When disaster strikes, then they whine that government didn't help them.  Similar things happened in Puerto Rico after Maria.  Food rotted and supplies languished in warehouses because the National Guard went home.  Well, gee, wasn't there one able-bodied resident who could have taken over to get the food and supplies where they were needed?  No.  Government has to do everything.  And when it doesn't, go on tv and cry the blues. 

Ok, I'm getting into politics now and this thread is not the place for that.  Mods, feel free to give me a  22222frying pan

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #784 on: August 20, 2019, 03:09:48 pm »
One of the things that P!$$ed me off the most was the pictures of all those school buses  sitting there partially under water and the libtards whining that the government didn't provide transportation to get them out. When you are told to get out get off your @$$ and leave. I have a BIL that lives in Virginia  Beach. We have told them on several occasions to get out. But he is a F%^KING hero and always chooses to stick it out. One of these days it will catch up with his libtard @$$.
I spoke with a nurse who was working in NOLA at the time, who said she couldn't leave her patients who could not be moved. She also said the last trains out (Amtrack was free) were empty. The people who stayed stayed because they wanted to, for whatever reason. She figured a lot of those stayed for the looting.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #785 on: August 20, 2019, 03:29:23 pm »
Ok, I'm getting into politics now and this thread is not the place for that.  Mods, feel free to give me a  22222frying pan

40 lashes/wet noodle.   :laugh: :police:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #786 on: August 20, 2019, 03:31:42 pm »
I spoke with a nurse who was working in NOLA at the time, who said she couldn't leave her patients who could not be moved. She also said the last trains out (Amtrack was free) were empty. The people who stayed stayed because they wanted to, for whatever reason. She figured a lot of those stayed for the looting.

I imagine more than a few stayed to guard against the looting.  This has become more common as FEMA started prohibiting people from going home in the aftermath.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #787 on: August 20, 2019, 03:40:37 pm »
40 lashes/wet noodle.   :laugh: :police:

LOL  I needed that.   happy77

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #788 on: August 20, 2019, 04:04:57 pm »
LOL  I needed that.   happy77

Just don't enjoy it too much.  :nono:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #789 on: August 20, 2019, 11:52:25 pm »
I imagine more than a few stayed to guard against the looting.  This has become more common as FEMA started prohibiting people from going home in the aftermath.
There was some of that, I am sure. Then they came along and took guns from homeowners who were using them to defend places that hadn't been flooded...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #790 on: August 23, 2019, 12:16:21 pm »
Jane Mayer  @JaneMayerNYer
Sources close to the family say David Koch has died.
7:58 AM · Aug 23, 2019
-------------------
Matt DeLuca  @MattDeLuca
RIP David Koch. For everyone who is going to smear him look at his philanthropic work outside of politics.
8:14 AM · Aug 23, 2019
Billionaire businessman David Koch dead at 79
Aug. 23, 2019

Conservative billionaire industrialist David Koch, who retired from Koch Industries last year due to pool health, has died, according to reports. He was 79 years old.

“Sources close to the family say David Koch has died,” New Yorker reporter Jane Mayer said on Twitter. Other details about the time, place, and cause of his death were not immediately known.

David Koch and his elder brother, Charles, have been a force in American politics since the 1980s. Their influence largely stems from a fortune centered on Koch Industries. According to Forbes, David’s net worth was $42.4 billion.  ... BNO News
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #791 on: August 27, 2019, 03:52:11 pm »

Al Haynes, Pilot From Miraculous 1989 Crash Landing, Has Died
August 26, 20195:40 PM ET
Merrit Kennedy 2018

United Airlines pilot Al Haynes crash-landed a plane in 1989 in Sioux City, Iowa.
John Gaps III/AP

A pilot who is credited with saving dozens of lives has died. United Flight 232 went into total hydraulic failure while Al Haynes was at the controls in 1989. With the help of three other pilots, he maneuvered the DC-10 to a miraculous crash landing in Sioux City, Iowa, and 184 of the 296 people on board survived.

Haynes is widely seen as a hero among aviation experts, akin to Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger and his "miracle on the Hudson." Haynes' son Dan confirmed to NPR that his father had died.

Haynes was in the middle of the flight from Denver to Chicago when an engine suddenly failed. Shortly after that, First Officer Bill Records said he was unable to control the aircraft, as Haynes later recounted to New York magazine.

Read more at: https://www.npr.org/2019/08/26/754458583/al-haynes-pilot-from-miraculous-1989-crash-landing-has-died

wikipedia

Some articles read that 180-90 lives ere saved.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #792 on: August 27, 2019, 03:53:19 pm »
Impressive act of flying, for sure.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online rustynail

« Reply #793 on: August 27, 2019, 04:44:06 pm »
Guitarist Neal Casal has died.   Casal was a guitarist for Ryan Adams & the Cardinals and Circles Around the Sun...https://twitter.com/i/events/1166327545698013187

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #794 on: August 28, 2019, 06:57:15 pm »
Jessi Combs
Driver who held women's land speed record and substitute MythBuster dies at 36

In 2013, Combs set the women's four-wheel land speed record at 398 mph, obliterating the 305 mph record that had not been broken since 1965. Dubbed the fastest woman on four wheels for that achievement, Combs was a frequent contributor to shows on Discovery Channel and its sister networks, including a 12-episode run as Kari Byron's maternity substitute on the TV show Mythbusters and as co-host of Overhaulin', which focused on her career specialty of automobile reconstruction.

Combs died in a crash during an attempt to break her previous land speed record.

Obituary from TheCut.com

Wikipedia
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #795 on: August 28, 2019, 07:02:28 pm »

Combs died in a crash during an attempt to break her previous land speed record.

Not trying to make light of this, but going 400 mph on four wheels is probably not the safest hobby to have.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #796 on: August 28, 2019, 07:52:47 pm »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Born Rapid City, SD

school Laramie WY

Time in Denver pursuing snow sports.

Curr residence Long Beach CA--probably related to hi-perf. automotive. (Remember Texan CarrolShelby went to Santa Monica CA for his famous Cobra, etc. Also to England)

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline verga

« Reply #797 on: August 29, 2019, 12:22:22 pm »
Jessi Combs
Driver who held women's land speed record and substitute MythBuster dies at 36

In 2013, Combs set the women's four-wheel land speed record at 398 mph, obliterating the 305 mph record that had not been broken since 1965. Dubbed the fastest woman on four wheels for that achievement, Combs was a frequent contributor to shows on Discovery Channel and its sister networks, including a 12-episode run as Kari Byron's maternity substitute on the TV show Mythbusters and as co-host of Overhaulin', which focused on her career specialty of automobile reconstruction.

Obituary from TheCut.com

Wikipedia
Loved her on Mythbusters. RIP

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #798 on: August 29, 2019, 05:55:59 pm »
She was a Quaker, saw this today, more pictures at link:
Valley anti-war activist Frances Crowe dies at 100

Frances Crowe is arrested for trespassing while protesting nuclear weapons at an air base in 1983. Boston Globe FILE PHOTO

By DUSTY CHRISTENSEN
Staff Writer
Published: 8/27/2019 5:59:23 PM

NORTHAMPTON — Legendary anti-war activist and longtime city resident Frances Crowe died on Tuesday morning at the age of 100.

“She lived an amazing life and had a beautiful death at home surrounded by her children,” Crowe’s 72-year-old daughter, Caltha, told the Gazette. She said Crowe died after taking to her bed eight days ago, with hundreds of loved ones coming to visit and calling her throughout the week.

Crowe, herself a Quaker, was a committed pacifist who was arrested countless times during protests against everything from war and nuclear weapons to environmental destruction. She was known across the Pioneer Valley and beyond for her activism, and inspired many to follow in her footsteps.

Read more at: https://www.gazettenet.com/Legendary-peace-activist-Frances-Crowe-dies-at-age-100-28032061

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #799 on: August 30, 2019, 01:18:49 am »
Waco Trib by Gillian Flaccus Aug 28, 2019

Combs was widely known in the niche sport of jet-car racing and was attempting to break the
Women's Land Speed Record of 512 mph (823 kph) set in 1976 by Kitty O'Neil when she died.

Jet-car speed racer Jessi Combs, known by fans as the "fastest woman on four wheels," has died in a crash in Oregon's Alvord Desert while trying to break a speed record, local authorities said Wednesday.

Combs, 36, died Tuesday afternoon while racing in a dry lake bed in a desert in remote Harney County, sheriff's Lt. Brian Needham said in a statement. The cause is under investigation.

Terry Madden, Combs' teammate on the North American Eagle racing team, said in an Instagram post Wednesday that he was heartbroken and added a video collage of photos and video clips of Combs with various team members.

"She was the most amazing spirit that I have ever or will ever know," Madden wrote. "Unfortunately we lost her yesterday in a horrific accident, I was the first one there and trust me we did everything humanly possible to save her!!"

More: https://www.wacotrib.com/news/trending/fastest-woman-on-four-wheels-speed-racer-jessi-combs-dies/article_a3aa6233-74f0-5a28-8def-2e61cf2b9bca.html