Author Topic: Obituaries for 2019  (Read 106360 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Obituaries for 2019
« Reply #700 on: July 20, 2019, 09:09:29 pm »
Exactly.  Part of that is extreme dehydration.   Most people don't recognize dehydration.   They aren't  thirsty, so they don't drink.  They become very dehydrated; eventually, the organs fail and...so long.   

These days, I don't go anywhere without my trusty bottle of water even when it's cooler out.
The IDF did a study on optimal water consumption in combat troops in desert conditions.
While the Brits had issued a quart per man per day, the IDF determined that to maintain full physical and mental function in extreme heat required more on the order of a liter (just over a quart) of water an HOUR.

This time of year, I have a case of bottled drinking water in a cooler in the back of my not so well air conditioned vehicle, and partake often, at least half a liter an hour, or if I notice I'm not sweating as much as the heat warrants.  With lower humidity such as we have here, evaporating sweat is the first line of defense against becoming overheated.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #701 on: July 20, 2019, 09:11:40 pm »
@Applewood

Cities are always hotter. Car and truck exhausts,exhaust from ac units,black top highways radiating heat,dark color vehicles radiating heat,buildings blocking wind,etc,etc,etc.

I saw a prediction this morning that it would be 115 F in Minneapolis today. Why the HELL would anybody want to stay there when it is freezing ass cold in the winter,and boiling hot in the summer?
What, don'cha like the change of seasons?

Minneapolis weather wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the humidity.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

« Reply #702 on: July 20, 2019, 09:24:55 pm »
@Applewood

Cities are always hotter. Car and truck exhausts,exhaust from ac units, black top highways radiating heat, dark color vehicles radiating heat, buildings blocking wind, etc,etc,etc.

You must be right.  I live outside of Pittsburgh and we are always a degree or two cooler in summer.  But around here, those few degrees don't make a difference.  For all of us in this region, it's the humidity and stagnant air that's bad no matter where you live.

I saw a prediction this morning that it would be 115 F in Minneapolis today. Why the HELL would anybody want to stay there when it is freezing ass cold in the winter, and boiling hot in the summer?

I'm guessing that 115 degrees actual temperature in Minneapolis is very rare.  In Western PA, we have hit 100 only a few times in my lifetime. and we are a bit southeast.  Could that 115 have been the heat index or "real feel" temperature?

I will agree with you though about the winters inn Minneapolis.  They are brutal.  And now that the city is overrun with so-called refugees, I definitely wouldn't want to live there.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #703 on: July 20, 2019, 10:09:37 pm »
What, don'cha like the change of seasons?

Minneapolis weather wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the humidity.

@Smokin Joe

When the seasons are "ass-deep in snow,or ass-deep in sweat",no,I don't.

Oh,and it should go without saying that there is plenty of humidity both "seasons".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #704 on: July 20, 2019, 10:12:16 pm »

I'm guessing that 115 degrees actual temperature in Minneapolis is very rare.  In Western PA, we have hit 100 only a few times in my lifetime. and we are a bit southeast.  Could that 115 have been the heat index or "real feel" temperature?

@Applewood  I do think 115F actual air temperature is pretty rare in Mn,but I do know it hits 100F or more at times during the summer,with high humidity.

AFAIK,the 115F was actual air temps.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #705 on: July 20, 2019, 10:40:58 pm »
Minneapolis, MN

as of 5:01 pm CDT
74°
Sunny
Feels Like 74°
H -- L 62°

@Elderberry

I KNOW I saw a report last night calling for 115 F in Minneapolis today,but when I just checked,I not only got the results you reported above,but the 10 day forecast didn't even have a high in the 90's,and typical lows in the mid-60's. Perfect sleeping weather.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #706 on: July 20, 2019, 11:19:27 pm »
@Applewood  I do think 115F actual air temperature is pretty rare in Mn,but I do know it hits 100F or more at times during the summer,with high humidity.

AFAIK,the 115F was actual air temps.

All time hottest day in Minneapolis is 108 on 14 Jul 1936.  I am guessing what you saw was a potential heat index.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #707 on: July 21, 2019, 12:06:24 am »
@Elderberry

I KNOW I saw a report last night calling for 115 F in Minneapolis today,but when I just checked,I not only got the results you reported above,but the 10 day forecast didn't even have a high in the 90's,and typical lows in the mid-60's. Perfect sleeping weather.

@sneakypete

Perhaps it was hotter earlier, but a cold front went through.  We are going to get a cold front to cool us off tomorrow or Monday.  Can't wait.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #708 on: July 22, 2019, 02:10:37 pm »
Robert Morgenthau
New York City prosecutor dies just short of his 100th birthday

Born into a long line of Democratic bureaucrats, Morgenthau was appointed U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New York in 1961 by John F. Kennedy, staying there through the Lyndon Johnson and early part of the Richard Nixon administration, before Nixon, afraid that Morgenthau was going to pursue prosecutions that would embarrass the Presidency, fired him at the end of 1969. (One of Morgenthau's successors, Preet Bharara, would meet a nearly identical fate 48 years later.)

After a brief run as deputy mayor of New York City, he settled into the position of Manhattan District Attorney from 1974 to 2009.  He enjoyed broad bipartisan support during his run as district attorney, although he largely relied on his family connections and nepotism to staff his large network of assistant DAs who did most of the dirty work: Andrew Cuomo, JFK Jr., RFK Jr., and Sonia Sotomayor, along with his present day successor Cyrus Vance, Jr. He justified it by noting that without nepotism, he himself would have never had the opportunities he had.

Morgenthau came to office at a time in which New York City was teeming with crime and corruption. By the time of his retirement, the crime in the city had largely come back under control, which Morgenthau's office was credited with having a hand in doing through aggressive prosecutions. Among the higher-profile cases were those of mother-and-son thieves Sante and Kenny Kimes; John Lennon's killer, Mark David Chapman; Bernie Goetz, the "Subway Vigilante;" Robert Chambers, the "Preppie Killer;" Tupac Shakur, rapper whom Morgenthau convicted of sex offenses; Dennis Kozlowski, who embezzled hundreds of millions from Tyco Security Systems; and the Central Park Five, which Morgenthau later conceded was a mistake.

Morgenthau died July 21, age 99, ten days short of his 100th birthday.

Obituary from Bloomberg

Wikipedia
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 02:11:25 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #709 on: July 22, 2019, 10:29:32 pm »
I don't see prosecuting Bernie Goetz as a plus. But then, I have been confronted by 'yutes' bearing improvised weapons before, and IF I had been armed would have had much the same reaction as Mr. Goetz. Goetz, I saw as defending himself, regardless of the media hype.

Interesting there was no mention of Dave Berkowitz, the .44 caliber killer in there. He was a real bad guy.

RIP, anyway, he did get some real 'bad guys'.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 10:30:31 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Online rustynail

« Reply #710 on: July 22, 2019, 11:46:59 pm »
nevermind
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 11:49:21 pm by rustynail »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #711 on: July 23, 2019, 02:40:14 pm »
David Hedison, veteran actor in sci-fi classic ‘The Fly,’ dies at 92

David Hedison, who starred in the original sci-fi classic “The Fly” and appeared in two James Bond films, has died. He was 92.

Hedison died June 18 in Los Angeles with his daughters at his side, a representative for the family, Jennifer Allen, said in an email Monday.

A veteran actor, Hedison portrayed Capt. Lee Crane in the long-running sci-fi television series “Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea” and Spencer Harrison on the daytime series “Another World.” 

https://www.latimes.com/obituaries/story/2019-07-22/david-hedison-actor-the-fly-dies-dead

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #712 on: July 24, 2019, 05:12:29 pm »
R.I.P. Rutger Hauer...died today at 75.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #713 on: July 24, 2019, 06:55:23 pm »
R.I.P. Rutger Hauer...died today at 75.

One of the great 80's action heroes.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #714 on: July 24, 2019, 08:59:43 pm »

Coincidentally, the Roy Batty character also died in the year 2019.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 12:02:44 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #715 on: July 28, 2019, 01:00:11 am »
Russi Taylor
Voice actress best known as Minnie Mouse dies at 75

Taylor, whose full first name was the decidedly un-feminine "Russell," began voice acting in the early 1980s, developing a longstanding professional relationship with the Walt Disney animated studio. Among her most notable roles were Huey, Dewey and Louie in the 1980s hit cartoon DuckTales and Minnie Mouse, which she voiced for nearly 40 years and helped launch a comeback for the previously dormant character. In a case of life imitating art, Taylor married Wayne Allwine, her counterpart as the voice of Mickey Mouse, in 1991; the two were married until his death in 2009.

Taylor also held a number of roles outside of the Disney studio, including several small roles in The Simpsons and the voice of Berdie the Early Bird in the McDonaldland commercials.

She died July 27, with no cause of death stated.

Obituary from The Walt Disney Company

Wikipedia

IMDB
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 01:02:38 am by jmyrlefuller »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #716 on: July 28, 2019, 06:19:14 pm »
Keith Lincoln has passed away. He played for the SD Chargers.

329 yards from scrimmage in a post-season game is a record that still stands as the Chargers defeated the Boston Patriots 51-10 in the 1963 AFL title game...

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

He went to Washington State.

https://www.upi.com/Sports_News/NFL/2019/07/28/Former-Chargers-running-back-Keith-Lincoln-dies-at-80/7841564325922/

He was also involved in the "hit heard around the world" as some of his ribs were broken by Buffalo Bills linebacker, Mike Stratton.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

That old AFL was pretty exciting, in innovation and so on, even if one could make the case effectively that the NFL just had a lot more talent.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 06:21:50 pm by TomSea »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #717 on: July 28, 2019, 07:27:09 pm »
Russi Taylor
Voice actress best known as Minnie Mouse dies at 75

Taylor, whose full first name was the decidedly un-feminine "Russell," began voice acting in the early 1980s, developing a longstanding professional relationship with the Walt Disney animated studio. Among her most notable roles were Huey, Dewey and Louie in the 1980s hit cartoon DuckTales and Minnie Mouse, which she voiced for nearly 40 years and helped launch a comeback for the previously dormant character. In a case of life imitating art, Taylor married Wayne Allwine, her counterpart as the voice of Mickey Mouse, in 1991; the two were married until his death in 2009.

Taylor also held a number of roles outside of the Disney studio, including several small roles in The Simpsons and the voice of Berdie the Early Bird in the McDonaldland commercials.

She died July 27, with no cause of death stated.

Obituary from The Walt Disney Company

Wikipedia

IMDB

She must have known Alan Young, then.  He played Scrooge McDuck when she was doing Duck Tales.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline verga

« Reply #718 on: July 31, 2019, 01:36:12 am »
It is with great sadness to inform everyone that Grant Thompson passed away last night. Grant had great love and appreciation for his fans. Please do a random act of love or kindness today in honor of The King of Random. Grant’s legacy will live on in the channel and the global community he created.

Grant Thompson was a youtube personality known as "The King of Random".
He specialized in videos that showed how to build any number of projects from a foundry made from a galvanized bucket and plaster of paris to a Death ray" made from the screen of a projection TV. He showed how to light fires using a ziploc baggie and water and designed "ninja balls" from rubber balloons and flour.

He will be sorely missed.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #719 on: August 01, 2019, 07:18:27 pm »
Nick Buoniconti
Professional football linebacker dies at 78

85 🐬

A local boy from Massachusetts, Buoniconti played defensive tackle while attending Notre Dame but was considered too small to play the position professionally, so the Boston Patriots, the hometown team in the American Football League, decided to switch him to linebacker. There, he excelled, going on to play 14 seasons of professional football, seven with the Patriots and nine more with the Miami Dolphins, including as a member of the Dolphins perfect season team. He was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2001.

An attorney and agent in his post-football career, he was diagnosed with dementia in 2017. He died July 30.

Obituary from Sports Illustrated

Wikipedia

Career stats

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #720 on: August 02, 2019, 01:53:51 am »
Granddaughter of Robert F. Kennedy Dies After Overdose at Family’s Compound
The Kennedy compound in Hyannis Port, Mass.CreditCreditBenny Snyder/Associated Press

By Katharine Q. Seelye and Jonathan Martin

Aug. 1, 2019

BOSTON — A granddaughter of Robert F. Kennedy died on Thursday afternoon after suffering an apparent overdose at the Kennedy compound in Hyannis Port, Mass., according to two people close to the family.

The young woman, Saoirse Kennedy Hill, 22, was the daughter of Courtney Kennedy Hill. She was at the compound where her grandmother, Ethel Kennedy, 91, lives when emergency responders were called on Thursday afternoon, the family friends said. She was taken to Cape Code Hospital in Hyannis, where she was pronounced dead.

“Our hearts are shattered by the loss of our beloved Saoirse,” the Kennedy family said in a statement. “Her life was filled with hope, promise and love.”

Read more at: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/01/us/kennedy-compound-overdose.html

See if there is anything more to this, breaking news in some venues (Boston Globe).

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #721 on: August 02, 2019, 02:07:45 am »
“Her life was filled with hope, promise and love.”

Uh,huh. That must be why she killed herself,huh?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #722 on: August 02, 2019, 02:43:49 am »
People talk about the "tragic Kennedys" or the "Kennedy curse."  Seems to me the more recent tragedies after Bobby's assassination were the doing of the victims.  Recklessness, substance abuse, criminal behavior of all kinds.  I guess I'm being cruel here, but it's hard for me to work up much sympathy for the Kennedys and their tragedies these days.

Anyway, I hope this young lady has found peace.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #723 on: August 02, 2019, 03:19:50 am »
People talk about the "tragic Kennedys" or the "Kennedy curse."  Seems to me the more recent tragedies after Bobby's assassination were the doing of the victims.  Recklessness, substance abuse, criminal behavior of all kinds.  I guess I'm being cruel here, but it's hard for me to work up much sympathy for the Kennedys and their tragedies these days.

Anyway, I hope this young lady has found peace.

The Kennedys' "War On Women" continues.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #724 on: August 02, 2019, 03:45:37 am »
In a 2016 opinion piece for the Deerfield Scroll, the student newspaper for the Deerfield Academy boarding school, Hill wrote about her bouts with depression.

"My depression took root in the beginning of my middle school years and will be with me for the rest of my life," she wrote. "Although I was mostly a happy child, I suffered bouts of deep sadness that felt like a heavy boulder on my chest. These bouts would come and go, but they did not outwardly affect me until I was a new sophomore at Deerfield."

She added that "someone I knew and loved broke serious sexual boundaries with me," leading her to pretend the incident hadn't happened and attempting suicide.

She urged students and faculty to talk openly about mental illness in order to get rid of the stigma associated with depression.

"People talk about cancer freely; why is it so difficult to discuss the effects of depression, bipolar [sic], anxiety, or schizophrenic disorders?" Hill wrote. "Just because the illness may not be outwardly visible doesn’t mean the person suffering from it isn’t struggling."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/saoirse-kennedy-hill-dead-kennedy-compound-hyannis-port-robert-f-kennedy

@TomSea