Author Topic: Obituaries for 2019  (Read 106373 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Obituaries for 2019
« Reply #200 on: February 27, 2019, 05:57:05 pm »
Mac Wiseman
Last surviving founder of the Country Music Association dies at 93

A bout with polio at a young age spared Wiseman from a life of hard labor and forced him to pursue a career in music, landing a spot in Flatt and Scruggs's esteemed bluegrass group the Foggy Mountain Boys, also recording with Bill Monroe's Blue Grass Boys and Molly O'Day's group as well. He also had some modest success as a solo artist, with two top-ten country hits: a cover of "The Ballad of Davy Crockett" and "Jimmy Brown the Newsboy." He was the founding secretary of the Country Music Association, founded in 1958 as an organization devoted to stopping the influence of rock and roll in country music, and was the CMA's last surviving founder.

He continued to be highly esteemed in the bluegrass community, helping to establish the International Bluegrass Music Association in 1986. He was active in country music until his death February 24 from kidney failure.

Obituary from Rolling Stone

Wikipedia

Jimmy Brown the Newsboy
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

« Reply #201 on: February 28, 2019, 03:25:59 pm »
Edward Nixon, brother of President Richard Nixon, dies at 88
By Associated Press |
PUBLISHED: February 28, 2019 at 10:05 am | UPDATED: February 28, 2019 at 10:07 am

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Edward Nixon, the youngest brother of former President Richard Nixon who staunchly defended his sibling’s White House legacy, died Wednesday. He was 88.

The Richard Nixon Foundation announced that Nixon died at a nursing facility in Bothell, Washington, a Seattle suburb.

A geologist and Navy veteran, Nixon worked on his brother’s 1968 and 1972 presidential campaigns and served as co-chairman of the Nixon re-election committee in 1972. ... More
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

« Reply #202 on: March 01, 2019, 12:38:18 am »
Andre Previn, Master of Many Musical Genres, Dies at 89

Andre Previn, the four-time Oscar winner who mastered classical, jazz, pop and movie music as a composer, conductor and pianist during a career that spanned eight decades, has died. He was 89.

The Berlin native, who began working at MGM in 1946 while still attending Beverly Hills High School and went on to compile a résumé that featured an astounding 500-plus albums, died Thursday at his home in Manhattan, his manager told The Hollywood Reporter.

Previn was nominated 11 times for an Academy Award, winning for his music work on Gigi (1958), Porgy and Bess (1959), Irma La Douce (1963) and My Fair Lady (1964).

More at:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/andre-previn-dead-oscar-winning-composer-901636

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #203 on: March 01, 2019, 12:55:47 am »
Luke Perry, 52, is sedated in hospital after suffering a 'massive' stroke at his LA home on the same day that a Beverly Hills, 90210 reboot was announced

Perry was at home in Sherman Oaks when he suffered the stroke on Wednesday
    The 52-year-old was rushed to the hospital but it is unclear what his condition is
    The star is known for appearing in Beverly Hills, 90210 and the 1992 film Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    He also appears in the CW hit series Riverdale as Fred Andrews
    A spokesman for the star said he was still under observation at the hospital on Thursday 
    Perry had pre-cancerous cells removed from his colon in 2015 and had been suffering from a bad back before the stroke
    Perry has a 21-year-old son, who is also called Luke, and an 18-year-old daughter 

By Jennifer Smith For Dailymail.com

Published: 10:47 EST, 28 February 2019 | Updated: 17:43 EST, 28 February 2019

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6756865/Luke-Perry-52-hospitalized-suffering-stroke-L-home.html?ito=social-facebook&fbclid=IwAR1VYAZUCTO_IFaT74IwfDe4iO6SNYdl6Pw-vFj71BDSOrSqOpB8z90nYAc
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #204 on: March 01, 2019, 01:06:25 am »
I read the post but do not really know, who this person is.  52 seems very young for a stroke, but I realize all things are medically possible.  Colon cancer?  At this rate, he may not be around very long.  Sad.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #205 on: March 01, 2019, 05:04:49 am »
I read the post but do not really know, who this person is.  52 seems very young for a stroke, but I realize all things are medically possible.  Colon cancer?  At this rate, he may not be around very long.  Sad.

At 52 I had my first hip replacement.  It was weird, being the youngest patient in the joint hospital.  I did enjoy the attention from the nurses...

I enjoyed a repeat exactly one year later.  Other hip.  But, now after 8 years they're stronger than ever.  Won't do airplanes though.   **nononono*
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #206 on: March 01, 2019, 11:28:24 am »

Yes, it is possible to suffer a stroke at any age, just as people can have heart attacks at any age.  And it looks like Perry had pre-cancerous cells (perhaps polyps?)  removed from his colon --he's not dying of cancer. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #207 on: March 01, 2019, 11:41:05 am »
Yes, it is possible to suffer a stroke at any age, just as people can have heart attacks at any age.  And it looks like Perry had pre-cancerous cells (perhaps polyps?)  removed from his colon --he's not dying of cancer.

@Applewood  @LegalAmerican

Agreed. I had polyps removed from my colon several years ago,and colon cancer was suspected. They were removed painlessly using a laser,and were benign. Didn't even have to stay in the hospital overnight.

This operation ,and healing from the operation was no doubt a nightmare years ago,but with laser surgery the operation is nothing to worry about. Don't let it scare you into avoiding it if your doc says you need it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #208 on: March 01, 2019, 11:54:51 am »
@sneakypete

Thanks.  My cousin just had polyps removed too and you're right.  It was no big deal. There were some pre-cancerous cells, but the doctor told him there is no need for any further treatment like chemo or radiation at this time -- his condition will just have to be monitored for any return.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #209 on: March 01, 2019, 09:08:18 pm »
Katherine Helmond
Character actress best known for her "cougar" characters in the sitcoms Soap andWho's the Boss? dies at 89

The buxom redheaded Helmond was a relative latecomer to acting; although Wikipedia claims one uncredited appearance on TV in 1962, her first verifiable acting credit was in a stage performance in 1969, and her first appearance in front of the camera came two years later. After several guest roles in the early 1970s, she finally landed her first starring television role in the soap-opera parody Soap, where she portrayed the comically innocent yet flirtatious matriarch Jessica Tate. Following that show was her longest-running role, the oversexed Mona Robinson on Who's the Boss?, which ran for eight seasons and (along with the similar character of Blanche Devereaux on The Golden Girls) was a rare example of a sexually liberated older character on prime time television of the 1980s.

Helmond would continue acting into her 80s; notable roles later in life included the eccentric owner of a professional football team in Coach and as Ray Barone's mother-in-law on Everybody Loves Raymond. Her last role was that of Lizzie, a Ford Model T in the Cars film franchise.

Helmond died February 23 of complications from Alzheimer's disease.

Obituary from NBC

Wikipedia

IMDB

Offline Applewood

« Reply #210 on: March 01, 2019, 09:18:52 pm »
Awwwww!  I loved her in Soap.  In fact, Soap is one of my favorite comedies.  Antenna TV still runs the series. 

Rest in peace, Miss Helmond. 

Online mountaineer

« Reply #211 on: March 01, 2019, 09:36:49 pm »
... “She was the love of my life. We spent 57 beautiful, wonderful, loving years together, which I will treasure forever,” her husband, David Christian, said in a statement. “I’ve been with Katherine since I was 19 years old. The night she died, I saw that the moon was exactly half-full, just as I am now… half of what I’ve been my entire adult life.”

Helmond died Saturday of complications from Alzheimer’s in her Los Angeles residence ...
KTLA

Online mountaineer

« Reply #212 on: March 01, 2019, 11:12:46 pm »
Young people even in their 30s can have strokes.  Tomorrow is not guaranteed to anyone.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #213 on: March 02, 2019, 12:59:07 am »
Young people even in their 30s can have strokes.  Tomorrow is not guaranteed to anyone.

My Sister had a stroke in her cerebellum when she was 32.  She had an MRI when there weren't very many of them around, they spotted it and it saved her from a spinal tap.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #214 on: March 02, 2019, 09:20:35 pm »
At 52 I had my first hip replacement.  It was weird, being the youngest patient in the joint hospital.  I did enjoy the attention from the nurses...

I enjoyed a repeat exactly one year later.  Other hip.  But, now after 8 years they're stronger than ever.  Won't do airplanes though.   **nononono*

Very happy for you and your hips.  wink777

Why no airplanes?  Metal? 

I put colon cancer in question mark.  Why do they even report that?  A lot of people have polyps. They may or may not become cancerous.  Just a good idea to remove them.  I know baby's can have strokes, etc. In general it is older people.  52 still sounds young to me. My baby just turned 50 March 1. 

Once one is a senior we know about medical conditions. Only the young ones on here, think they have to explain it.  888mouth

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #215 on: March 02, 2019, 09:41:41 pm »

Very happy for you and your hips.  wink777

Why no airplanes?  Metal? 

Correct.   The replacement hips are Tungsten, which the Magnetometers are not supposed to pick up, but the first replacement also has surgical steel used to strap the Femur together.  It was falling apart because of the AVascular Necrosis that was killing the bone from the inside.  An X-ray of that hip looks like Saturn with the rings.

I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #216 on: March 03, 2019, 12:38:27 am »
Nathaniel Taylor, Rollo Lawson on ‘Sanford and Son,’ Dies at 80
Erin Nyren

Nathaniel Taylor, the actor who played Rollo Lawson on the 1970s sitcom “Sanford and Son,” died Feb. 27 at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center after suffering a heart attack. He was 80.

As part of the recurring cast on “Sanford and Son,” Taylor appeared in 32 episodes from 1972 through 1977. Taylor’s character, Rollo Lawson, was Lamont Sanford’s best friend and often a target of Fred Sanford’s ire, who believed Rollo was a criminal since he had spent time in jail. Taylor went on to have a role as part of the main cast in season one of the short-lived “Sanford and Son” spinoff “Sanford,” which aired from March 1980 to June 1981.

Taylor also appeared in “Sanford and Son” star Redd Foxx’s eponymous sitcom, “The Redd Foxx Show,” as the first version of Jim-Jam. The series was canceled after 12 episodes due to low ratings.

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/nathaniel-taylor-rollo-lawson-on-sanford-and-son-dies-at-80/ar-BBUg5ZW?OCID=ansmsnnews11
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 12:39:11 am by TomSea »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #217 on: March 03, 2019, 12:48:09 am »
Over my lifetime I have not been a big television watcher.

The few programs that drew me in, however, included Sanford and Son.

Redd Fox was the best. The show's material was funny, as were the characters and actors.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #218 on: March 03, 2019, 01:45:13 am »
 From the bio it seems his only acting gigs were related to Red Foxx shows. I wonder why? He obviously showed up on time sober and did what he was supposed to do,or Foxx would have canned him instantly.

It's a shame he couldn't find more work because he did a good job at the role I saw  him in.

Red Foxx was a chrome-plated butthole. I was doing security/bodyguard work for a while out in Denver,and Foxx flew into town to do a show. The company I worked for had the contract to provide security for him,so when the boss told me he would have someone else handle Foxx,I asked him why. He told me "I have dealt with him before,and he is a arrogant big-mouthed butthole that hates white people. He has a tendency  to do stuff like point at his bags and tell his security,"Those are my bags,boy! Pick them up and carry them for me."  I just don't think you and he would work well together after you try to stuff  a suitcase up his ass."

Good call on the bosse's part.

I later talked to the two guys that provided security for him,and both said they would quit if ever given that job again.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 01:46:30 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #219 on: March 04, 2019, 01:25:53 pm »
Ted Lindsay
Hockey Hall of Fame forward dies at 93

🏒7
Lindsay's jersey number with the Detroit Red Wings

Lindsay was a member of the Detroit Red Wings' famed "Production Line" from 1944 to 1957, sharing the ice with fellow Hall of Famers Sid Abel and Gordie Howe. Lindsay's efforts to form a players union were a factor in his banishment to the Chicago Blackhawks from 1957 to 1960 (at the time, Red Wings owner James Norris had control in some form over all of the league's American teams, which he used to prevent the other teams from being competitive).

He returned to hockey in 1964 at the behest of Abel, by this point the Red Wings' general manager, initially planning to play two more seasons; however, he was forced into retirement after it was apparent he would be targeted in the league's expansion draft as it was going to double in size in 1967. He spent most of the next ten years as a broadcaster on the league's then-rare national broadcasts, then in the late 1970s served as the Red Wings' general manager.

Lindsay was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1966 but refused to attend the ceremony because he was not allowed to bring his wife to the induction ceremonies, which at the time were open to men only. He was voted one of the NHL's 100 Greatest Players in 2018.

Obituary from WDIV

Wikipedia

Career stats

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #220 on: March 04, 2019, 06:05:37 pm »
Breaking, Luke Perry, Star of 90210 has died at the age of 52
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Applewood

« Reply #221 on: March 04, 2019, 06:10:04 pm »
Luke Perry, star of 'Beverly Hills, 90210' and 'Riverdale' dead at 52

Actor Luke Perry, who starred in "Beverly Hills, 90210" and "Riverdale," has died at age 52 after suffering a massive stroke, a rep for the actor told Fox News.

"He was surrounded by his children Jack and Sophie, fiancé Wendy Madison Bauer, ex-wife Minnie Sharp, mother Ann Bennett, step-father Steve Bennett, brother Tom Perry, sister Amy Coder, and other close family and friends," Perry's representative told us. "The family appreciates the outpouring of support and prayers that have been extended to Luke from around the world, and respectfully request privacy in this time of great mourning. No further details will be released at this time."

More at:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/luke-perry-star-of-beverly-hills-90210-and-riverdale-dead-at-52

Offline Applewood

« Reply #222 on: March 04, 2019, 06:10:48 pm »
A shame.  Was hoping Perry could have made it.  Rest in peace.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #223 on: March 04, 2019, 06:15:31 pm »
He had a good range. From 90210 to OZ? 52 is young. RIP
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #224 on: March 04, 2019, 06:26:56 pm »
I knew it was just a matter of days when I read they put him in a medical induced coma....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34