Author Topic: Obituaries for 2019  (Read 108026 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Obituaries for 2019
« Reply #1225 on: December 11, 2019, 02:58:36 pm »
55?  8888crybaby
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1226 on: December 13, 2019, 04:13:30 pm »
Danny Aiello
Actor dies at 86

Aiello, who spent most of his early life as a working-class man in New York City, broke through as a character actor beginning in 1973, when he was already 40 years old. His 46-year acting career mostly took place on the Broadway stage and in film.

Obituary from Inquisitr.com

Wikipedia

Broadway credits

IMDB
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1227 on: December 13, 2019, 04:15:50 pm »
Bummer!  Loved Aiello in everything.  My favorite though was as Cher's fiancé in Moonstruck. 

Rest in peace, Mr. Aiello.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #1228 on: December 13, 2019, 07:13:36 pm »
I don't think I've seen anything Aiello has done, yet his name is familiar to me. Sounds like Hollywood lost a hard-working ubiquitous character actor.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #1229 on: December 18, 2019, 11:55:08 am »

Hayden Fry, Texan who turned around Iowa, dies at 90

Hayden Fry, the Texan who revived Iowa football and became a Hawkeye State institution over two decades as a Big Ten coach, has died. He was 90.

Fry's family announced through the University of Iowa that the former coach died Tuesday with his family at his side after a long battle with cancer. He had been living in the Dallas area with his wife, Shirley.

“We are proud to know that our father’s life had a positive influence on so many people, the players, the coaches, and the fans who played for, worked with, and supported his long and successful coaching career,” the family said in a statement. “His legend will live forever with the people he touched and inspired, and the programs he led to greater heights.”

Fry, a native of Eastland, Texas, had never been to Iowa before taking over the Hawkeyes in 1979, hired by then-athletic director Bump Elliott, the former Michigan star who died earlier this month.

https://www.gazettetimes.com/news/national/obituaries/hayden-fry-texan-who-turned-around-iowa-dies-at/article_5fd85d13-41c3-551a-88d2-270ec57f10f2.html

-----------------

Fry was Iowa's Bear Bryant, Tom Landry, and Vince Lombardi. Man those were the glory days. I will never forget that last second field goal by #1 Iowa to beat #2 Michigan 12-10 in '85 and Jimmy Zabel of WHO radio screaming his lungs out. That was as good as it gets.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Ironically his death was 10 days after former Iowa athletics admin Bump Elliot, who hired Fry back in '79.

RIP to both. They had a helluva run.

The Republic is lost.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1230 on: December 18, 2019, 09:40:45 pm »
Yes, Hayden Fry, I can see him in that Hawk Eyes cap.

wikipedia bio

Knew Bush 41, check the bio.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 09:44:49 pm by TomSea »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1231 on: December 21, 2019, 10:53:35 am »
R.G. "Junior" Johnson
Moonshine runner turned NASCAR legend dies at 88

Coming from a long line of moonshine bootleggers, Johnson's father Robert Sr. spent much of his life in jail for his numerous moonshine raids, and even as Junior began his stock car racing career, he continued on the family tradition. One of the biggest moonshine raids the ATF ever conducted was at Junior Johnson's home.

Johnson, who in addition to NASCAR was a prolific dirt track racer, was one of the early wave of racers in the stock car circuit. His cars were much slower compared to his professional competition—not a huge problem on short tracks but a major one on superspeedways—but he was able to exploit the other cars' aerodynamics to speed up his own car and was credited with being one of the first to use "drafting" as a competitive weapon. He used his drafting techniques to win the 1960 Daytona 500.

With 50 wins on the NASCAR circuit, and his moonshining background, Johnson earned the popular nickname "The Last American Hero" after Tom Wolfe wrote about Johnson for Esquire. He retired from racing in 1966 but, having also expanded into the snack business and still doing some moonshining on the side, was able to invest in team ownership in the 1970s and 1980s, winning another 132 races with racers such as Cale Yarborough, Darrell Waltrip, Terry Labonte, Bill Elliot, and Sterling Marlin. Johnson retired in 1996.

Obituary from the Daily Mail

Wikipedia

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1232 on: December 22, 2019, 07:51:09 pm »
Claudine Auger, who starred opposite Sean Connery in “Thunderball” as Domino, has died. She was 78.

The actress died in Paris, according to her agency, AFP reported.

She was the first-ever French Bond Girl and appeared in the 1965 film.  ...

More from NY Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1233 on: December 22, 2019, 07:55:20 pm »
 French fashion designer Emanuel Ungaro dead at 86
By Associated Press
December 22, 2019

French fashion designer Emanuel Ungaro, who was known for his use of vibrant color, mixed prints and elegant draping, has died at the age of 86.

Ungaro’s death was confirmed Sunday by the eponymous Paris fashion house he founded in 1965, which said in an Instagram post that he “will remain in our memories as the Master of sensuality, of color and flamboyance.”

The designer died Saturday in Paris, according to French media. ...

Rest of story
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1234 on: December 23, 2019, 03:44:10 pm »
Richard Alpert

Ram Dass, psychedelic drug pioneer, dies at home aged 88

Bill Trott     |     December 23, 2019 / 2:46 AM

(Reuters) - Ram Dass, who in the 1960s joined Timothy Leary in promoting psychedelic drugs as the path to inner enlightenment before undergoing a spiritual rebirth he spelled out in the influential book “Be Here Now,” died at home on Sunday. He was 88 years old.

“With tender hearts we share that Ram Dass (born Richard Alpert) died peacefully at home in Maui on December 22, 2019 surrounded by loved ones,” according to his official Instagram account.

“He was a guide for thousands seeking to discover or reclaim their spiritual identity beyond or within institutional religion.”

The man who would become a serene, smiling forerunner of the New Age movement and play a leading role in bringing Eastern spirituality to the West grew up as Richard Alpert in a Jewish family in Newton, Massachusetts.

He considered himself an atheist, and after graduating from Tufts University and earning a Ph.D. from Stanford University, was an up-and-coming psychology professor and researcher at Harvard University in the early ‘60s.

Ram Dass would later describe himself at the time as a driven “anxiety-neurotic” who had an abundance of knowledge but lacked wisdom. Things began to change when Leary joined the Harvard faculty and the two became close friends.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-people-ram-dass-idUSKBN1YR0KY

It may have opened up new doorways, but they don't lead anywhere.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1235 on: December 23, 2019, 05:22:14 pm »
Joseph Segel
Entrepreneur who founded the Franklin Mint and QVC dies at 88

Segel could be called the King of the Knockoffs because his two most prominent business successes were both based on imitations of existing product. In 1964, inspired by the success of the U.S. Mint's successful sell-offs of the last silver dollars, he decided that selling unofficial, non-monetary coins could be a profitable enterprise, and thus was born what today is known as the Franklin Mint.

In 1986, after watching Home Shopping Network, Segel decided to rip off the basic premise. His QVC was built around a no-gimmicks, no-hard-sell approach to home shopping. It was initially a flop, but when he was able to buy out the market leader at the time (Cable Value Network), QVC was able to make substantial inroads, becoming HSN's most enduring rival in the TV home shopping market. QVC nearly went broke in 1993 when Barry Diller bailed the company out, forcing Segel into a consulting role.

Obituary from CBS News

Wikipedia

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1236 on: December 23, 2019, 05:53:48 pm »

It may have opened up new doorways, but they don't lead anywhere.

Sometimes it's the trip that is important,not the destination.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #1237 on: December 23, 2019, 07:03:03 pm »
Sometimes it's the trip that is important,not the destination.
That's what I tell people whenever I mention that one of my bucket list items is an end-to-end road trip along whatever's left of Route 66.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1238 on: December 23, 2019, 07:09:30 pm »
That's what I tell people whenever I mention that one of my bucket list items is an end-to-end road trip along whatever's left of Route 66.

Not much will drag my furry butt out of these mountains... But I might do that... In something worthy of the trip, like a decked out Caddy or Bonneville... That sounds like fun.  :beer:

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #1239 on: December 23, 2019, 07:24:09 pm »
Not much will drag my furry butt out of these mountains... But I might do that... In something worthy of the trip, like a decked out Caddy or Bonneville... That sounds like fun.  :beer:
:beer:

My original imagining was to do it in one of these . . .

. . . but they're a) expensive as bloody hell and b) a pain in the ass to keep up.

So I'd just settle for something like this . . .

I dare to dream . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #1240 on: December 23, 2019, 07:44:35 pm »
:beer:

My original imagining was to do it in one of these . . .

. . . but they're a) expensive as bloody hell and b) a pain in the ass to keep up.

Yeah, my boy has a class A diesel motorhome, except he can't take it more than 150 miles... Too expensive to drive, and too expensive to park for the night... He rents it out these days as an apartment.

Still, mighty nice to be able to stretch out a bit, or take a siesta after hittin a diner.  :laugh:

So I'd just settle for something like this . . .

I dare to dream . . .

Yeah, that'd do...  888high58888

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1241 on: December 25, 2019, 10:02:37 pm »
Norway’s Ari Behn, ex-royal and Kevin Spacey accuser, dies in suicide
Published 15 mins ago
on December 25, 2019
By BNO News

Norwegian author Ari Behn, the ex-husband of Princess Märtha Louise and one of those accusing actor Kevin Spacey of sexual assault, has died in an apparent suicide, his family says. He was 47 years old.

“It is with great sadness in our hearts that we, the family of Ari Behn, must announce that he took his own life today,” the family said in a statement to NTB on Wednesday night. The circumstances of his suicide were not immediately known.

Behn married Princess Märtha Louise in May 2002 but the couple divorced in 2017. They had three children. King Harald V expressed his condolences in a statement and said Behn had been an important part of the royal family for many years.

Read more at: https://bnonews.com/index.php/2019/12/norwegian-author-ari-behn-dies/

His mental health probably suffered.

Spacey received a KBE,  must be Knight of the British Empire (is it Sir Kevin Spacey? That's doing as much as Paul McCartney, Jimmy Pagei is only an OBE, Officer of the British Empire), he was born in South Orange, New Jersey.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Spacey
I'm not too familiar with him though, of course, he is very famous.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 10:08:56 pm by TomSea »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1242 on: December 25, 2019, 10:15:46 pm »
His mental health probably suffered.

Spacey received a KBE,  must be Knight of the British Empire (is it Sir Kevin Spacey? That's doing as much as Paul McCartney, Jimmy Pagei is only an OBE, Officer of the British Empire), he was born in South Orange, New Jersey.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Spacey
I'm not too familiar with him though, of course, he is very famous.

@TomSea

A truly awul thing to do to your family.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1243 on: December 26, 2019, 02:38:48 am »
@TomSea

A truly awul thing to do to your family.
Yep.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1244 on: December 27, 2019, 01:00:12 pm »
Jerry Herman
Broadway composer dies at 88

Herman composed music for several Broadway musicals over the course of his career, mostly between the 1960s and 1980s. His biggest hits were Hello, Dolly! (whose star Carol Channing died earlier this year), Mame, and La cage aux folles. A master of the art of the show tune, the theme from "Hello, Dolly!" threw a giant wrench into the British Invasion when Louis Armstrong's cover it broke The Beatles' streak atop the Billboard chart.

Herman was openly gay and HIV-positive for over 30 years, one of the first recognizable celebrities to be diagnosed with the disease and still live a long and productive life.

Obituary from the Associated Press

Wikipedia

Broadway credits
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 02:00:54 pm by jmyrlefuller »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1245 on: December 27, 2019, 03:31:29 pm »
Jerry Herman
Broadway composer dies at 88

Herman was openly gay and HIV-positive for over 30 years, one of the first recognizable celebrities to be diagnosed with the disease and still live a long and productive life.

@jmyrlefuller

What,a man that is into Broadway show tunes is a homo???

Shut yo mouf! Who is gonna believe that?

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1246 on: December 27, 2019, 03:49:49 pm »
George Michael's sister Melanie dies aged 55 on Christmas Day exactly three years after her brother's death

Melanie was found by her older sister Yioda Panayiotou at her home in London

The Metropolitan Police said it was called to a property at 7pm on Wednesday

She and her brother were close, and Melanie was left part of estate after death

Her lawyer John Reid today confirmed the 'sudden' death on behalf of her family

George was found dead at home in Oxfordshire on Christmas Day 2016, aged 53

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7830457/George-Michaels-sister-Melanie-dies-aged-55-Christmas-Day.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ito=1490&ns_campaign=1490

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1247 on: December 27, 2019, 04:34:55 pm »

@TomSea

After reading the full story,I am sorry to say it sounds like suicide. She is no longer suffering,but her family is damn sure  suffering more than ever.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #1248 on: December 27, 2019, 10:31:06 pm »
Don Imus, Legendary 'Imus in the Morning' Host, Dies at 79

The controversial radio personality passed away on Friday morning at Baylor Scott and White Medical Center in College Station, Texas.
Legendary, cowboy hat-wearing radio personality Don Imus, who hosted the radio show Imus in the Morning for nearly 50 years, has died. Imus was 79.

Imus passed away on Friday morning at Baylor Scott and White Medical Center in College Station, Texas, after being hospitalized on Christmas Eve, a representative said. The cause of death was not given.

"Don loved and adored Deirdre, who unconditionally loved him back, loved spending his time watching Wyatt become a highly skilled, champion rodeo rider and calf roper, and loved and supported Zachary, who first met the Imus family at age 10 when he participated in the Imus Ranch program for kids with cancer, having battled and overcome leukemia, eventually becoming a member of the Imus family and Don and Deirdre’s second son," Imus' family said in a statement.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/don-imus-legendary-imus-morning-host-dies-at-79-1265052
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1249 on: December 27, 2019, 10:36:34 pm »
Don Imus, Legendary 'Imus in the Morning' Host, Dies at 79

The controversial radio personality passed away on Friday morning at Baylor Scott and White Medical Center in College Station, Texas.
Legendary, cowboy hat-wearing radio personality Don Imus, who hosted the radio show Imus in the Morning for nearly 50 years, has died. Imus was 79.

Imus passed away on Friday morning at Baylor Scott and White Medical Center in College Station, Texas, after being hospitalized on Christmas Eve, a representative said. The cause of death was not given.

"Don loved and adored Deirdre, who unconditionally loved him back, loved spending his time watching Wyatt become a highly skilled, champion rodeo rider and calf roper, and loved and supported Zachary, who first met the Imus family at age 10 when he participated in the Imus Ranch program for kids with cancer, having battled and overcome leukemia, eventually becoming a member of the Imus family and Don and Deirdre’s second son," Imus' family said in a statement.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/don-imus-legendary-imus-morning-host-dies-at-79-1265052
I hope he took 1200 hamburgers to go....

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis