Author Topic: Obituaries for 2019  (Read 107695 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: Obituaries for 2019
« Reply #1175 on: December 01, 2019, 12:20:28 pm »
A tip of the cap to Mr. Burgie. Everytime our choir director corrects our pronunciation of "Deo," as in "In excelsis Deo," I want to start singing Day-O, daylight come and me wan' go home.

My parents had that Harry Belafonte album. As a child I played it over and over, utterly fascinated @mountaineer
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1176 on: December 02, 2019, 01:28:59 am »
Conductor Mariss Jansons dies at 76; led top orchestras
By DAVID McHUGH

FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) — Mariss Jansons, conductor of top classical ensembles including the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra and the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra in Amsterdam, has died in Russia. He was 76.

Jansons’ death in St. Petersburg was confirmed by the Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra, where he was chief conductor. Jansons had canceled concerts this summer because of health reasons, the dpa news agency reported. ...

More from AP
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1177 on: December 02, 2019, 06:58:08 pm »
Internet Famous Cat Lil Bub Passes Away: ‘We Lost the Purest, Kindest and Most Magical Living Force’

The internet’s heart is breaking after the Instagram famous cat Lil Bub passed away. On Monday, December 2, the viral pet’s owner, Mike Bridavsky, revealed the tragic news on Twitter, Instagram and a newsletter typically written from the furry friend’s perspective. Breaking the mold, he shared his family’s adopted special needs cat lost her fight with a bone infection and died on Sunday, December 1.

“On the morning of Sunday, December 1, 2019 we lost the purest, kindest and most magical living force on our planet,” Mike wrote, sharing the first and last photo he took with the precious pet. “Bub was cheerful and full of love laying in our bed with us Saturday night, but unexpectedly passed away peacefully in her sleep. I have always been fully transparent about Bub’s health, and it was no secret that she was battling a persistent and aggressive bone infection. Even knowing this, we weren’t expecting her to pass so soon or so abruptly without warning. I truly believe that she willingly made the decision to leave her failing body so that our family would not have to make that difficult decision ourselves.”

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/lil-bub-is-dead-famous-cats-owner-shares-heartbreaking-news/

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #1178 on: December 02, 2019, 06:59:35 pm »
Internet Famous Cat Lil Bub Passes Away: ‘We Lost the Purest, Kindest and Most Magical Living Force’

The internet’s heart is breaking after the Instagram famous cat Lil Bub passed away. On Monday, December 2, the viral pet’s owner, Mike Bridavsky, revealed the tragic news on Twitter, Instagram and a newsletter typically written from the furry friend’s perspective. Breaking the mold, he shared his family’s adopted special needs cat lost her fight with a bone infection and died on Sunday, December 1.

“On the morning of Sunday, December 1, 2019 we lost the purest, kindest and most magical living force on our planet,” Mike wrote, sharing the first and last photo he took with the precious pet. “Bub was cheerful and full of love laying in our bed with us Saturday night, but unexpectedly passed away peacefully in her sleep. I have always been fully transparent about Bub’s health, and it was no secret that she was battling a persistent and aggressive bone infection. Even knowing this, we weren’t expecting her to pass so soon or so abruptly without warning. I truly believe that she willingly made the decision to leave her failing body so that our family would not have to make that difficult decision ourselves.”

https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/lil-bub-is-dead-famous-cats-owner-shares-heartbreaking-news/

Lil Bub, welcome to the Rainbow Bridge. I enjoyed watching you in the news all these years. You were a good cat indeed.

@Cyber Liberty

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1179 on: December 02, 2019, 08:22:21 pm »
Lil Bub, welcome to the Rainbow Bridge. I enjoyed watching you in the news all these years. You were a good cat indeed.

@Cyber Liberty

:crying:

I missed this kitty's antics, so glad he was able to raise a lot of money for Special Needs kittehs!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1180 on: December 02, 2019, 08:44:18 pm »
 888cryingkitty

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #1181 on: December 02, 2019, 10:07:35 pm »
Mark Butler
Co-founder of Ollie's Bargain Outlet dies under mysterious circumstances at 61

Butler was a partner in Ollie's Bargain Outlet with the company's namesake, Ollie Rosenberg, and Morton Bernstein. After Rosenberg's death in 1996 Butler became the company's President and CEO, helping launch the company into a major retail force with its closeout bulk purchases, being one of the few retailers to experience growth in an era when many established brick-and-mortar stores were contracting rapidly.

Butler had recently finished spending time with his family when he "passed away unexpectedly" December 1.

Obituary from WTAE

Ollie's Bargain Outlet on Wikipedia
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1182 on: December 06, 2019, 01:44:11 pm »
 Leonard Goldberg, veteran producer of ‘Charlie’s Angels,’ ‘Blue Bloods’ dead at 85
By Associated Press
December 6, 2019 | 2:56am

LOS ANGELES — Leonard Goldberg, a network and studio executive and producer whose TV credits ranged from “Starsky and Hutch” in the 1970s to the current drama series “Blue Bloods” and whose independent movies included “WarGames” and “Sleeping with the Enemy,” has died. He was 85.

Goldberg died Wednesday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center from injuries suffered in a fall, according to a statement issued Thursday on behalf of his family, who were with him at the hospital.

During his tenure as president of Twentieth Century Fox, the studio produced hit films including “Broadcast News,” “Big,” “Die Hard” and “Wall Street.” ...  More at NY Post

Offline godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
« Reply #1183 on: December 06, 2019, 02:38:19 pm »
Leonard Goldberg, veteran producer of ‘Charlie’s Angels,’ ‘Blue Bloods’ dead at 85
By Associated Press

LOS ANGELES — Leonard Goldberg, a network and studio executive and producer whose TV credits ranged from “Starsky and Hutch” in the 1970s to the current drama series “Blue Bloods” and whose independent movies included “WarGames” and “Sleeping with the Enemy,” has died. He was 85.

Goldberg died Wednesday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center from injuries suffered in a fall, according to a statement issued Thursday on behalf of his family, who were with him at the hospital.

During his tenure as president of Twentieth Century Fox, the studio produced hit films including “Broadcast News,” “Big,” “Die Hard” and “Wall Street.” ...  More at NY Post

Blue Bloods is one of my favorite shows. Thank you, Mr. Goldberg.
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords

Offline skeeter

« Reply #1184 on: December 06, 2019, 02:46:17 pm »
By Associated Press

Geez, there's a name anyone who watched TV in the 70s would recognize. He was just a pup when he produced all those shows.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1185 on: December 06, 2019, 02:51:57 pm »
"Charlie's Angels" was the best thing ever! (And I say that as a hetero female). My friends and I had so much fun watching and laughing at the improbable situations: angels in prison! angels in roller derby! angels clinging to the roof of a car as it speeds down the road!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1186 on: December 06, 2019, 03:01:47 pm »
Mr. Goldberg had an impressive body of work in tv and the movies.  Personally not a fan of Charlie's Angels, but most of his other work -- just wow!

Rest in peace, Mr. Goldberg and thank you for such great entertainment.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1187 on: December 06, 2019, 03:32:44 pm »
Blue Bloods is one of my favorite shows. Thank you, Mr. Goldberg.

Blue Bloods is practically the only TV we watch.

I agree.  Thank you, Mr. Goldberg!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1188 on: December 07, 2019, 02:35:41 pm »
Friends actor and Tony Award-winner Ron Leibman passes away at the age of 82 from complications caused by pneumonia

* Actor Ron Leibman died from complications from pneumonia at the age of 82
   * The New Yorker was best known for roles in 'Angeles in America' and 'Friends'
    *Leibman broke into the entertainment business in 1956 on the soap opera 'The Edge of Night'  and made his movie debut in the 1970 comedy 'Where's Poppa?'
   * Leibman leaves behind his wife, actress Jessica Walter, who he married in 1983

By Kevin Kayhart For Dailymail.com
Published: 21:57 EST, 6 December 2019 | Updated: 09:25 EST, 7 December 2019

Veteran actor Ron Leibman has passed away from complications from pneumonia at the age of 82.

The New York City native had appeared in movies, theater and television in a career that spanned six decades and won a Tony award for Tony Kushner's iconic play 'Ängels in America.' ...

More from Daily Mail

I didn't realize he and Jessica Walter were married. They co-starred in a memorable "Law and Order" as a mob lawyer and his wife.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1189 on: December 07, 2019, 03:04:04 pm »
@mountaineer

I remember that episode.  One of the best.  And I remember Jessica Walter from Play Misty for Me. Both fine actors.

Rest in peace, Mr.Leibman.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #1190 on: December 07, 2019, 05:04:34 pm »
Trivia: What did Ron Liebman have in common with fellow actor William Windom?

Answer: Both men won Emmys for television shows that lasted but a single season . . .

Ron Liebman---Won the 1979 Emmy for Best Actor in a Drama Series for Kaz, in which he played a car thief turned attorney. The show (which Liebman kind of co-created) was canceled around the time Liebman won the award.

William Windom---Won the 1970 Emmy for Best Actor in a Comedy Series for My World, and Welcome To It, based on James Thurber's writings and cartoons, in which Windom played a magazine cartoonist and father with half a clue. (The show also won the Emmy for Best Comedy Series.)

RIP Mr. Liebman. (And, Mr. Windom.)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1191 on: December 07, 2019, 05:10:06 pm »

Answer: Both men won Emmys for television shows that lasted but a single season . . .

Ron Liebman---Won the 1979 Emmy for Best Actor in a Drama Series for Kaz, in which he played a car thief turned attorney. The show (which Liebman kind of co-created) was canceled around the time Liebman won the award.

William Windom---Won the 1970 Emmy for Best Actor in a Comedy Series for My World, and Welcome To It, based on James Thurber's writings and cartoons, in which Windom played a magazine cartoonist and father with half a clue. (The show also won the Emmy for Best Comedy Series.)

I liked Mr. Windom.  I actually met him at a college bookstore back in the 70's.  He had a large collection of college sweatshirts from his various speaking engagements, and he was there to buy one.  This was after My World...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #1192 on: December 07, 2019, 07:22:22 pm »
I remember both of those shows, Easy Ace, and was especially fond - as a Thurber fan - of the Windom series.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1193 on: December 07, 2019, 07:51:45 pm »
I will NOT comply.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #1194 on: December 07, 2019, 07:53:42 pm »
I remember both of those shows, Easy Ace, and was especially fond - as a Thurber fan - of the Windom series.
@mountaineer
I have a pile of Thurber's books in my personal library and spent last week binge-watching My World, and Welcome To It on YouTube.

Further trivia: the little girl who played daughter Lydia on the show, Lisa Gerritsen, became better-known as Bess Lindstrom, the wise-beyond-her-years daughter of narcissistic neighbour Phyllis on The Mary Tyler Moore Show.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #1195 on: December 07, 2019, 07:55:24 pm »
I liked Mr. Windom.  I actually met him at a college bookstore back in the 70's.  He had a large collection of college sweatshirts from his various speaking engagements, and he was there to buy one.  This was after My World...
@Cyber Liberty
Makes you wonder if he knew Ted Knight, who eventually made a habit of wearing different college sweat shirts when he worked (playing, what do you know, another cartoonist!) in the comedy Too Close for Comfort . . .

Offline Applewood

« Reply #1196 on: December 08, 2019, 12:57:08 am »
Speaking of William Windom, I just watched Planes, Trains and Automobiles yet again over Thanksgiving weekend. Windom had an uncredited role of the client of Steve Martin's advertising pitchman character, Neal Page.  Windom had no real dialog.  Just looked over the proposed sketches and such.  Every so often, he would look like he was about to say something, but didn't.  Kept staring at the pros, while the Neal Page character was anxious to catch a plane home to Chicago for Thanksgiving.  Windom had some chops to be able to carry his scenes without saying a word.

Offline verga

« Reply #1197 on: December 08, 2019, 04:45:14 am »

Both were great shows.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1198 on: December 08, 2019, 04:10:19 pm »
Both were great shows.

Our richest examples of the stupidity of TeeVee network execs, and why it remains a vast wasteland.  Great shows canceled in their primes. **nononono*
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1199 on: December 08, 2019, 05:01:09 pm »
Now, that I see another picture of this guy, I might have seen him before. He passed away. He apparently would be more well-known overseas:

Reinhard Bonnke: Evangelist who drew millions in Africa dies at 79

Reinhard Bonnke was best known for his missionary work across Africa

German evangelist Reinhard Bonnke, who drew huge crowds in Africa over decades of preaching, has died aged 79.

"He passed away peacefully, surrounded by his family," his wife Anni Bonnke said in a statement.

The family lives in the United States but Bonnke was best-known for his work with the Christ For All Nations organisation throughout Africa.

Read more at: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-50702344

He looks somewhat more like he's concerned about the people rather than money, though, I don't know for certain.

wikipedia