Author Topic: World First as Feathered Dinosaur Tail is Found Preserved in Amber  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-science-space/world-first-feathered-dinosaur-tail-found-preserved-amber-007170

Think about how few specimens are left out of how many existed. If most or all land dwelling dinosaurs had feathers how many trillions of trillions of feathers were there at any given time and out of that unfathomable number only a handful of them survived as fossils for us to see.
I won't accept.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: World First as Feathered Dinosaur Tail is Found Preserved in Amber
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 12:16:45 pm »
Unfortunately, some of the best specimens in the States may simply erode away due to BLM policies regarding fossils on Federal Land. Even as a professional geologist, were I to recover a specimen that the BLM deemed significant, I could be fined up to 10,000 dollars and charged with a Felony. So, If I see it, I can report it to someone who might never bother to look for or find it, and chances are the same erosional forces which exposed it will destroy it. :shrug:

Even being a research institute is no guarantee, as is seen with what happened with the Black Hills Institute and "Sue" (the premiere T. Rex fossil so far).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 11:30:37 am »
BLM is a big bleep where I'm from. Do not go traipsing on their land.
I won't accept.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 12:28:46 pm »
BLM is a big bleep where I'm from. Do not go traipsing on their land.
They tend to be a big bleep most everywhere I have dealt with them.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis