Author Topic: A Holiday Mystery: Why Did John Roberts Intervene in the Mueller Probe?  (Read 1658 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 A Holiday Mystery: Why Did John Roberts Intervene in the Mueller Probe?

We’re about to find out why the chief justice of the Supreme Court decided to get involved in the special counsel’s investigation.

By NELSON W. CUNNINGHAM

December 30, 2018

A mysterious grand jury subpoena case has been working itself through the D.C. courts since August. Doughty reporting by Politico linked the grand jury case to special counsel Robert Mueller. Some of us, connecting the dots, wondered whether Mueller’s antagonist in this secret subpoena battle might be President Donald Trump himself. Speculation heightened two weeks ago when the D.C. Circuit cleared an entire floor of reporters assembled for the oral argument, in order to protect the identity of the litigants.

Four days later, the D.C. Circuit judges burst the speculative bubble with a decision that halfway revealed the identity of the party litigating against the government: not Trump, but an unnamed corporation (“the Corporation”) owned by an unnamed foreign state (“Country A”). Although the case is still plenty mysterious (What foreign state? What records of what transactions? Why the hard-fought litigation?), the evident fact that Trump was not directly involved in the litigation seemingly drained further proceedings of direct suspense. Mueller watchers headed off for the holidays.

And then, last week, on the Sunday before Christmas, Chief Justice John Roberts personally intervened in this matter.

more
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/12/30/supreme-court-john-roberts-robert-mueller-investigation-223569
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: A Holiday Mystery: Why Did John Roberts Intervene in the Mueller Probe?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 04:28:39 pm »
bookmark
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 04:44:40 am »
 :scared smiley:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 03:13:37 pm »
Intriguingly, the decision revealed that a regulator from Country A had filed a submission claiming that compliance with the subpoena would cause the Corporation to violate Country A’s law. So whoever Country A is, this matter captured its officials’ attention and prompted them to send filings to a faraway country to block the subpoena. Why does Country A care? And, what is it trying to hide?

If I had to guess, it’d be related to Flynn cooperation and possibly his business ties, while lobbying.

Flynn’s Turkish lobbying linked to Russia

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/25/michael-flynn-turkey-russia-237550
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 03:15:10 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 03:17:44 pm »
Intriguingly, the decision revealed that a regulator from Country A had filed a submission claiming that compliance with the subpoena would cause the Corporation to violate Country A’s law. So whoever Country A is, this matter captured its officials’ attention and prompted them to send filings to a faraway country to block the subpoena. Why does Country A care? And, what is it trying to hide?

If I had to guess, it’d be related to Flynn cooperation and possibly his business ties, while lobbying.

Flynn’s Turkish lobbying linked to Russia

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/25/michael-flynn-turkey-russia-237550

Could be.

Also could be another one or two 5 Eyes countries having done some spying for us that we couldn't legally do, and not wanting that to be revealed.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 03:18:19 pm by Sanguine »

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 03:20:10 pm »
This is not the first "WTF" moment for the CJ.  Even more a mystery of course was his buy in that Obamacare was constitutional. 

I am more and more buying into the tin foil hat idea that powerful elements in this country  are blackmailing Roberts when needed.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online rustynail

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2019, 03:26:13 pm »
Because he was told to.

Offline edpc

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2019, 03:30:33 pm »
Could be.

Also could be another one or two 5 Eyes countries having done some spying for us that we couldn't legally do, and not wanting that to be revealed.

That’s possible. However, in that instance, I’d think the ‘Country A’ legal reps would want that revealed, as part of discovery. We wouldn’t know details, but it would expose things in general terms, similar to the CIA black sites and rendition program.

Offline edpc

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2019, 03:36:36 pm »
@catfish1957
@rustynail

Except the Roberts ruling put a hold on a contempt order on the foreign company. That would mean he ruled in favor of a foreign entity and against Mueller. So, who is exerting influence?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2019, 03:48:31 pm »
@catfish1957
@rustynail

Except the Roberts ruling put a hold on a contempt order on the foreign company. That would mean he ruled in favor of a foreign entity and against Mueller. So, who is exerting influence?

@edpc

That is why i stated "powerful" rather than just from the left.  The blackmail card knows no political boundaries.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2019, 04:41:59 pm »
This is not the first time Roberts has done something 'hinky' on the Court. Remember, Roberts is the one who simply 'made up' new law to make Obamacare constitutional.

Something is not quite right about that guy. There is something going on with him. I wonder if he is secretly gay, or has an issue in his past? Something is happening there. It's pretty obvious.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2019, 04:45:22 pm »
It is the Jamaicans.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2019, 10:27:27 pm »
This is not the first "WTF" moment for the CJ.  Even more a mystery of course was his buy in that Obamacare was constitutional. 

I am more and more buying into the tin foil hat idea that powerful elements in this country  are blackmailing Roberts when needed.

I think someone is pulling Robert's strings and blackmailing him as well.
Principles matter. Words matter.