Author Topic: Could there actually be a ‘President Buttigieg’?  (Read 717 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

https://www.southbendtribune.com/news/opinion/howey-could-there-actually-be-a-president-buttigieg/article_2468d83e-2d14-525a-9a9a-c78c33ad0050.html

INDIANAPOLIS — President Pete. I mean, President Peter Buttigieg. That’s a pipe dream, right? The gay mayor of South Bend who announced he wouldn’t seek a third term earlier this month and who will likely make a Democratic White House bid doesn’t have a chance. Right?

Remember all those columns I wrote in 2015 and 2016 that ended with the phrase, “Anything can happen. Anything?” Well, 2020 could be a year that takes that new axiom and cubes it in historic fashion.

We’ve never had a mayor make the straight jump to the White House, or even the national ticket. Mayors John Lindsey and Sam Yorty couldn’t make it happen. Presidents Calvin Coolidge, Grover Cleveland and Andrew Johnson were mayors in the earlier parts of their political careers, but got to the White House from higher stations.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Could there actually be a ‘President Buttigieg’?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 05:32:27 am »
Gay Presidential candidate with Butt in his name. The memes will be priceless.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 05:34:42 am »
Peter Buttigieg?  Wasn't he a character in one of the Harry Potter movies?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 05:44:55 am »
Peter Buttigieg?  Wasn't he a character in one of the Harry Potter movies?

I don't think so. I looked it up and all I can find is that Buttafag is a Mayor in some nowheresville.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 05:46:09 am »
My bad.  I must be thinking of this Harry Potter parody.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 05:49:28 am »
My bad.  I must be thinking of this Harry Potter parody.

I watched that this last week at a Girl Scout cookie rally the wife was hosting. Acting was wooden as hell.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 05:51:40 am »
I watched that this last week at a Girl Scout cookie rally the wife was hosting. Acting was wooden as hell.

Yeah, but the plot was fantastic.  And you really should check out the collector's edition.  That's 2nd disc... just great.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 06:01:15 am »
Yeah, but the plot was fantastic.  And you really should check out the collector's edition.  That's 2nd disc... just great.

Sorry. I just checked and the movie we watched was The Muppets Take Manhattan.....but it had similar cover art and looks like a similar plot.