Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren forms presidential exploratory committee ahead of likely 2020 bid  (Read 3726 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

The truly stupid running for president is becoming the norm these days.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Liz is low on the totem poll of Dem candidates.  But she has no reservations about running.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 03:46:17 pm by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Liz is low on the totem poll of Dem candidates.  But she has no reservations about running.

888high58888
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Sorry...

January 1, 2019
Elizabeth Warren issues one of the most bizarre 'I am running!' videos of all time
By Peter Barry Chowka

On Monday, December 31, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) confirmed mounting speculation that she would be the first out of the gate to declare her candidacy for the 2020 Democrat presidential nomination.  On the last day of the year, her newly formed "Elizabeth Warren Presidential Exploratory Committee" took over the website elizabethwarren dot com, and Sen. Warren used it to announce her intention to challenge President Donald Trump in 2020.  Predictably, the website featured a slick four-and-a-half-minute biographical video touting Warren's purported accomplishments during a lifetime of purported selfless service to the people, as it also bashed white Republican politicians as the evil enemy and stoked the embers of identity politics.  Before 24 hours had elapsed, the video had gained over 220,000 views on YouTube.

Less well known is a 14-minute video that Warren broadcast live on Instagram at 7 P.M. EST from the kitchen in her home in Cambridge, Mass., which also touted her candidacy.  Using a cell phone, the video, featuring Warren's dog, her husband, and her pause to get a beer from her refrigerator while the broadcast continued, was not archived at her Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook accounts.  It was, however, captured and uploaded to YouTube by Newzzcafe.  At 8 A.M. EST on January 1, 2018, the Warren "kitchen video" had had only 132 views.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/01/elizabeth_warren_issues_one_of_the_most_bizarre_i_am_running_videos_of_all_time.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

I just saw the swilling-brewskis-in-my-kitchen video.  It's hilariously stupid and is being compared to Dukakis in the tank.  :silly:
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 07:04:17 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I think she may have already had a few beers before the one in the video. She is acting and speaking like a high-school girl who is getting ready for prom night.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 06:18:49 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

It was just bizarre. Apparently, she was trying to be "hip" like Senorita Occasional Cortex. Didn't work.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Like their messages, or not, Cortez has that instinctual "thing" for effectively making brief, catchy communications.

Warren seriously lacks in this skill.

A 13 minute video overestimates Americans' attention span by about 12.5 minutes.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Anyone have a headcount of the number of senators in Schumer's caucus running for president?

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Like their messages, or not, Cortez has that instinctual "thing" for effectively making brief, catchy communications.

Warren seriously lacks in this skill.

A 13 minute video overestimates Americans' attention span by about 12.5 minutes.

Especially among the voters she needs to reach...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Online mountaineer

Anyone have a headcount of the number of senators in Schumer's caucus running for president?
I just read the Washington governor is throwing his hat in the ring. His sole issue is stopping climate change.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I just read the Washington governor is throwing his hat in the ring. His sole issue is stopping climate change.  *****rollingeyes*****
Great issue....Claim credit for stopping something that isn't really happening (the way they say it is) anyway.  :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Snarknado

• Anti

"Global warming" is the magical One Ring of liberal issues - it holds the promise of giving them total control of all global political and economic power. Once they have it, every liberal goal is within their grasp...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Online mountaineer

... Warren also defended her decision to host a live Instagram event on New Year's Eve from the kitchen of her home in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

The live feed showed her drinking a beer, petting her dog and taking questions from viewers - an event some derided as awkward.

'It's one more way to be able just to invite people into your home. I wish I could just open the door and have lots of folks in, but this is a way to do it,' she said, adding that her beer of choice is Michelob Ultra, what she called 'the club soda of beers.'
That's supposed to be a selling point, that she has questionable taste in beer?!  :rolling:
Daily Mail

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The message Liz was trying to send in the Instagram thing was/is that Indians could never hold their liquor. 

Offline Frank Cannon

Elizabeth Warren forms presidential exploratory committee ahead of likely 2020 bid

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
So, I listened to the clip of Sen Warren from her kitchen talking about her grand announcement about throwing her hat in the ring, and there were some startling revelations with this.  First off, she is taking a page from Gov Kasich's book of failure with ...

20 seconds in, she says "My daddy ended up as a janitor...".  If she says this with every speech, like the moron Kasich in regard to his postal worker father, she will not last as long as he did!

Second, and most important, 'people donating $5 or $10, a lot of $5 and $10 here and there'.  Say Liz, at that rate, it will take you 99 years to get 10% of what Hillary has tucked away right now, and when she brings her machine back to life, I figure she will get 1,000 times the funds you will ever gather at $5 and $10 a contribution.

I could be wrong, but I do not think good ole Bruce was all that keen on having her slap his buttocks a few times as she declared "Bruce, my sweetie".  He could not run off screen fast enough, poor guy.

Her taking a hit on the beer was indeed a hoot. 

Looking to see who she had logged on with her, she appeared to be naming all 20 folks+/-.  Liz, you need to put a few zeroes after that number or you are toast.

Why I would consider giving her $5 if it meant she could run against Trump.  Him going head to head with Fauxcahontas would be so decidedly delicious.  He would draw and quarter her, I don't care how many debates she won in college!

Online mountaineer

First off, she is taking a page from Gov Kasich's book of failure with ...

20 seconds in, she says "My daddy ended up as a janitor...".  If she says this with every speech, like the moron Kasich in regard to his postal worker father, she will not last as long as he did!
Good point. She could add those chopping motions with her hands, a la Kasich, for the complete look of failure.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
That's supposed to be a selling point, that she has questionable taste in beer?!  :rolling:
Daily Mail
Questionable? Michelob Ultra is for when water is just a little too strong.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

Questionable? Michelob Ultra is for when water is just a little too strong.
I'm guessing she believed the TV ads depicting young, vibrant, physically fit hipster types drinking Ultra.  :laugh:

Online Wingnut

I'm guessing she believed the TV ads depicting young, vibrant, physically fit hipster types drinking Ultra.  :laugh:

Everyone knows "Hipsters" drink PBR.

People on that  Keto Peto diet drink Ultra cuz it has 1.6 carbs.   

Online mountaineer

Everyone knows "Hipsters" drink PBR.
True.  Made me laugh when we were in Seattle.  A zillion craft beers available, and everyone is drinking PBR!  :silly: