Author Topic: Today's Toons 12/31/18  (Read 6740 times)

Offline pookie18

Today's Toons 12/31/18
« on: December 31, 2018, 11:11:53 am »

Click below for related story:

Click below for related story:

Click below for Tony's toons:

This Thread Brought To You By The Letter C:

In Case You Missed It Dept.:

President Trump urged the FCC Sunday to look into Saturday Night Live because the show is so one-sided and partisan against him. The producer responded that the Supreme Court has ruled that comedy is free speech. So the question is, what does Saturday Night Live have to do with comedy?

Speaker Paul Ryan gave his farewell speech to the House of Representatives last week his gavel at the end of the session. He was gracious. Ryan said after serving twenty years in Congress, it's time for him to step aside and let someone else get nothing done.

The University of Massachusetts forced a co-ed to take down a banner from her dorm window that slammed Nazis because the sign wasn't inclusive. The word is used far too casually today. The New Oxford English Dictionary now defines a Nazi as anybody who disagrees with you on Facebook.

-- Argus Hamilton

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Today's Toons 12/31/18
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 11:45:21 am »
Thanks, pookie!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline pookie18

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 11:47:36 am »
Thanks, pookie!

You're welcome, Smokin Joe!

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 11:59:38 am »
Thanks, Pookie!
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline pookie18

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 12:01:03 pm »
Thanks, Pookie!

My pleasure, Polly Ticks!

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 12:17:47 pm »

Wonder what would happen if Jews sold Kosher McDonald's in Brooklyn? I'm will to bet that McDonald's Corporation would have some kind of problem mixing an Orthodox Religion with their product. But, as with all things that restrict Christians and Jews, somehow Muslims always get a pass.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 12:29:42 pm »

Wonder what would happen if Jews sold Kosher McDonald's in Brooklyn? I'm will to bet that McDonald's Corporation would have some kind of problem mixing an Orthodox Religion with their product. But, as with all things that restrict Christians and Jews, somehow Muslims always get a pass.
Are cheeseburgers Kosher?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 12:56:06 pm »
Are cheeseburgers Kosher?
LOL Joe! Depends on who you ask, man.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline pookie18

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 01:13:37 pm »

Would be nice, on occasion, if that pass were to be intercepted...

Offline verga

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2018, 01:19:01 pm »
Thank you Pookie, have a blessed prosperous new year.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline pookie18

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2018, 01:24:42 pm »
Thank you Pookie, have a blessed prosperous new year.

You're welcome, as always & have a happy, healthy 2019, Verga!

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2018, 01:43:57 pm »
Would be nice, on occasion, if that pass were to be intercepted...
When public high schools and colleges start having classes on Hebrew/Torah/Kabbalah and hold classes on Catholic history and Catechisms like they do with Islam, and when Muslims are expelled for wearing the ISIS flag or the Shahaadah (Islamic declaration of faith) on tee shirts just as Christians are expelled for wearing a cross or any Biblical writing, only then will I start to believe that Liberals view all religions equally. As it is now, Liberals seem to think that Islam is the only one true religion. And therefore it deserves 'special treatment' under the Law. Liberals worldwide love all thing Islamic. Even if it kills them.

Offline ricebug

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2018, 03:45:28 pm »
G'day, Pookie!!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2018, 03:52:54 pm »