Author Topic: The 10 Whitest States in America  (Read 4477 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
The 10 Whitest States in America
« on: December 30, 2018, 08:53:46 pm »

Sorry...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXy3WHO6qNg

10. South Dakota 82%
9. Wyoming 84%
8. Kentucky 85%
7. North Dakota 86%
6. Iowa 87%
5. Montana 88%
4. New Hampshire 91%
3. West Virginia 94%
2. Vermont 95%
1. Maine 97%

Offline libertybele

Re: The 10 Whitest States in America
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 09:49:40 pm »

Sorry...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXy3WHO6qNg

10. South Dakota 82%
9. Wyoming 84%
8. Kentucky 85%
7. North Dakota 86%
6. Iowa 87%
5. Montana 88%
4. New Hampshire 91%
3. West Virginia 94%
2. Vermont 95%
1. Maine 97%

Interesting, as I know people who just moved down from Maine ... according to them, that scenario is rapidly changing.  I have no issue with Hispanics, Blacks, Asians, etc., as long as they are here LEGALLY ... not through asylum, not through being classified as 'displaced'  not through illegal parents giving birth, etc., and most importantly are willing to assimilate to the American culture and don't expect to be labeled and given special perks as a hyphenated American!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 06:34:37 am »
Interesting, as I know people who just moved down from Maine ... according to them, that scenario is rapidly changing.  I have no issue with Hispanics, Blacks, Asians, etc., as long as they are here LEGALLY ... not through asylum, not through being classified as 'displaced'  not through illegal parents giving birth, etc., and most importantly are willing to assimilate to the American culture and don't expect to be labeled and given special perks as a hyphenated American!!
There has been a significant change in the demographics in North Dakota as well, at least in the NW part. Far more blacks and Latinos than before, but we got people from all over during the oil boom, and most I have met seem like decent folks.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 06:47:38 am »
Those States get a lot of snow.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 12:10:43 pm »
Those States get a lot of snow.

Kentucky doesn't get any more snow than any other Midwest state. 
I suppose I did my part to contribute to this horrible, horrible statistic, though.  I gave birth to five white children. Sorry, not sorry.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 06:55:14 pm »
All largely rural states. The only one with a substantial city in its bounds is probably Kentucky (Louisville).
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 07:01:38 pm »

That used to be the predominant sentiment, but the question rapidly is evolving into do they have an issue with us.

For example I constantly hear my little community being criticized for being whiter than the surrounding metropolis, as if there's something wrong with that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 07:02:31 pm by skeeter »

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2018, 07:02:25 pm »
Eastern W.Va is being over run with VA and DC liberals who commute or use the metro train and they are changing the state.  Plans are for more metro rails  in W.Va for folks who work in VA or DC
The rest of W.Va is dirt poor.

Drove down I-77 last year through W.Va  could not believe the poverty.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2018, 08:58:10 pm »
I've seen maps with data like this on them before, at least, 9 of those states have relatively small populations, maybe one can say every single one of them do. Come on? North Dakota and Wyoming? I know ND doesn't even have a million people. That is part of the equation too.

(Yellow Hammer news, it's out of Alabama and I think okay as far as being a source goes)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowhammer_News

This is how some see demographics in the long term. So, if minorities continued to vote Democrat, unfortunately, a lot of what DC rules on will come down to each of us.  A more central government if everything is controlled by one party.

It does not mean though, that necessarily, people will continue to vote democrat. That could change.  It's been the trend for minorities to vote democrat, conservatives must try to get their message across more to minorities.

One could also say, a number of those states are not leading in prosperity, new businesses moving in. That is unfortunate but just the facts.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 09:09:35 pm by TomSea »

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2018, 11:03:09 pm »
I thought the Whitest state in America was the state of oppression, at least that what I keep hearing from Blacks, Hispanics and SJW's.  :whistle:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2018, 11:07:40 pm »
I gave birth to five white children. Sorry, not sorry.

Probably all have the same father too......you dirty racist.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2018, 11:10:08 pm »
Probably all have the same father too......you dirty racist.

She just wasn't "woke" enough. 

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2018, 11:46:22 pm »
I've seen maps with data like this on them before, at least, 9 of those states have relatively small populations, maybe one can say every single one of them do. Come on? North Dakota and Wyoming? I know ND doesn't even have a million people. That is part of the equation too.

(Yellow Hammer news, it's out of Alabama and I think okay as far as being a source goes)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowhammer_News

This is how some see demographics in the long term. So, if minorities continued to vote Democrat, unfortunately, a lot of what DC rules on will come down to each of us.  A more central government if everything is controlled by one party.

It does not mean though, that necessarily, people will continue to vote democrat. That could change.  It's been the trend for minorities to vote democrat, conservatives must try to get their message across more to minorities.

One could also say, a number of those states are not leading in prosperity, new businesses moving in. That is unfortunate but just the facts.
WTF? ND is the nation's second largest oil producer, second only to Texas. That doesn't even consider the agricultural production. that Bakken Oil boom extended to Montana, Wyoming is a major in the oil and gas community, too. Thats WHY the demographics of these states are changing --people looking for work--and finding it!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2019, 12:28:10 am »
WTF? ND is the nation's second largest oil producer, second only to Texas. That doesn't even consider the agricultural production. that Bakken Oil boom extended to Montana, Wyoming is a major in the oil and gas community, too. Thats WHY the demographics of these states are changing --people looking for work--and finding it!

We're impressed by your knowledge, but no, I doubt if ND is much whiter than before, in fact people of all colors have gone there. And I doubt if the population is over 1,000,000.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 01:10:18 am by TomSea »

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2019, 02:54:50 am »
We're impressed by your knowledge, but no, I doubt if ND is much whiter than before, in fact people of all colors have gone there. And I doubt if the population is over 1,000,000.
No, the population is not over 1 million (we like it that way, frankly). We produce more barrels of oil per day than we have people, by a significant margin.

My point was that the economy is what attracted people there from all 50 states, multiple provinces of Canada, a bunch of other countries (besides Mexico and central America), even Puerto Rico. We counted all 50 states' license plates in the local Walmart parking lot, including Hawaii (it was a game for us). Because the Obama Administration could not stop an oil boom that mainly happened on private land, for a while, western North Dakota was THE shining economic beacon in a dark economy.

The change in demographics with a smaller population is marked. When twenty years ago whites made up 95+ percent of the population, now the complexion of the State has changed. Thankfully, the folks who came there for the oil boom and who have stayed, came to work, to get jobs, for the most part, and seem like a pretty decent lot over all.
I have worked with people from all over the US, Mexico, Serbia, Moldova, Cape Verde Islands, Canada, and other places, not just the usual influx of Texans and Rocky Mountain oilfield hands. Solid folks. So in our case, the change in demographics isn't such a bad thing because most of the people who came in were not looking for a handout, just an opportunity to make something of/for themselves. You don't deal with our winters just to get a welfare check when you can do that in a much nicer climate.

But when a town of 14K triples in size, the demographic changes are striking.

C S Lewis

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2019, 02:56:54 am »
She just wasn't "woke" enough.

That's a dirty lie.  I was awake for all of them!
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2019, 03:04:06 am »
For example I constantly hear my little community being criticized for being whiter than the surrounding metropolis, as if there's something wrong with that.

I have a dream that I will one day live in a nation where people will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2019, 03:13:34 am »
That's a dirty lie.  I was awake for all of them!
888high58888

Not the reply I was expecting put what the hell....   

So... you had an epidural!

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2019, 04:41:12 am »

I have a dream that I will one day live in a nation where people will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

:hands: :hands:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2019, 04:42:09 am »
I’m waiting for Klingons to be my neighbors
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Wingnut

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2019, 04:47:20 am »

It has been my experience that they circle uranus but never settle.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2019, 05:48:24 am »

Thankfully we have been able to keep them out of my neighborhood......along with the Irish.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2019, 11:49:12 am »
Skin color doesn't matter, the character does, voting blocs matter too. That gives people apprehension.  It's a bit of a shame, things work out this way. I can be good friends with a person who is "X" but he's going to vote a certain way, it kind of cancels my vote out. You just have to look at certain states, perhaps all states to see that at work.

It's not just ethnic groups, check out for example on how you expect the vote to go on in Utah and that is our heavily Mormon state in the Union.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2019, 12:08:47 pm »
Skin color doesn't matter, the character does, voting blocs matter too. That gives people apprehension.  It's a bit of a shame, things work out this way. I can be good friends with a person who is "X" but he's going to vote a certain way, it kind of cancels my vote out. You just have to look at certain states, perhaps all states to see that at work.

It's not just ethnic groups, check out for example on how you expect the vote to go on in Utah and that is our heavily Mormon state in the Union.
Tom, character counts. Most of the people I have met who moved into our region are hard working people who don't generally buy into the victimhood bit--or are getting over it. They moved into an area untouched by race riots, Social Justice warriors, where what you do is a measure of who you are. While there were some lingering prejudices from the Indian wars (yes, they go back that far), even those are generally lost. The result has been folks from all over coming into a place where your character and accomplishments outweigh anything else, where honest, hard working people are welcome, pretty much regardless of what color they are or what language they spoke where they originally came from.
If we are going to have that 'melting pot' and retain/regain the Republic our founders envisioned, we have to lead by example. That is the America people should crave, not a welfare check, food stamps, and public housing.

Funny thing, though, "White" isn't just a skin color, but a whole range of cultural values which epitomize (what I think) is the best of American culture--get back to wanting better for your kids, and we all have that in common. All we need to do is agree on the best way for everyone to achieve that.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2019, 03:53:08 pm »
Tom, character counts. Most of the people I have met who moved into our region are hard working people who don't generally buy into the victimhood bit--or are getting over it. They moved into an area untouched by race riots, Social Justice warriors, where what you do is a measure of who you are. While there were some lingering prejudices from the Indian wars (yes, they go back that far), even those are generally lost. The result has been folks from all over coming into a place where your character and accomplishments outweigh anything else, where honest, hard working people are welcome, pretty much regardless of what color they are or what language they spoke where they originally came from.
If we are going to have that 'melting pot' and retain/regain the Republic our founders envisioned, we have to lead by example. That is the America people should crave, not a welfare check, food stamps, and public housing.

Funny thing, though, "White" isn't just a skin color, but a whole range of cultural values which epitomize (what I think) is the best of American culture--get back to wanting better for your kids, and we all have that in common. All we need to do is agree on the best way for everyone to achieve that.

Exactly!  Western, American, Enlightenment values are being attacked on a racial basis.  To better understand the fight, you have only to identify the opponent to see what is being fought here and what the stakes are.