Poll

What are you gonna do for the New Years Celebration?

Go out and PARTY!
1 (7.1%)
Stay Home and PARTY!
4 (28.6%)
Go to an AA meeting and introduce myself in anticipation of my Resolution
0 (0%)
Reflect on how terrible 2018 was and hope 2019 is better
1 (7.1%)
Just another damn day in Paradise
8 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: January 03, 2019, 09:54:20 pm

Author Topic: What are you gonna do for the New Years Celebration?  (Read 5478 times)

Offline corbe

What are you gonna do for the New Years Celebration?
« on: December 29, 2018, 09:54:20 pm »
   Inspired by my Beautiful Friend @Freya
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

Re: What are you gonna do for the New Years Celebration?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 10:43:30 pm »
Stay home and PARTY until 9pm. Then go to bed.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 11:09:53 pm »
It's my son's birthday.  Will celebrate the birthday.

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 11:19:11 pm »
Got two bottles of Champaign (Korbel Brut, my favorite), fresh black-eyed peas and a Ham.  Expecting a few Friends over that night that will sleep over, one, (the Bitch) in my Bed.  I have a Dr's apt at 2PM the next day and he's already up my butt about my Smoking so I'll try to continue hiding my Drinking habit from him and not show up with a hangover.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 01:26:09 am »
New Year's Eve we will go out for a nice dinner, have a few glasses of bubbly and then head home before all the crazies are out on the snow-bird infested streets.

New Year's Day, it should be another damn day in Paradise with temperatures in the 80's ... shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops once again.  I love it!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 02:48:45 am »
Work! It's safer on an oil rig than the highways on New Year's Eve. It's amateur hour out there on the road.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2018, 02:58:09 am »
Work! It's safer on an oil rig than the highways on New Year's Eve. It's amateur hour out there on the road.

You're right even though being an Oil Field Worker is one of the most dangerous professions in the world.  Frank's Ho's in west Philly have a better odd of surviving each day than yall do.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2018, 03:35:24 am »

You're right even though being an Oil Field Worker is one of the most dangerous professions in the world.  Frank's Ho's in west Philly have a better odd of surviving each day than yall do.
It isn't like it was when I started 40 years ago. Now, with some serious safety programs, improved equipment, etc., being a rig hand doesn't even make the top ten dangerous jobs. You're far more at risk working a crab boat in the Bering Sea, being a roofer, or a farmer, than we are. Especially now, when the industry has just suffered a contraction on the drilling end, and there are plenty of really good drilling people out there.
It gets a lot safer when you work with good people.
Texas has a shortage, but they aren't paying like they did up north, and you'd almost better take your house with you if you go.
Franks Hos are subject to a lot of employment related exposures we aren't--between all of that, I'd bet the general population of Hos has a much shorter overall life expectancy. We have to pass drug screening, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline uglybiker

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2018, 10:46:43 am »
Stayin' home keeping the dog company because she hates fireworks.
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2018, 11:02:55 am »
I'm not going to party. I'm probably going to do nothing. If I have work then that would be what I'm doing. If 2019 kicks ass then maybe next New Years I should go tn a party or something therelike.
I won't accept.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2018, 11:20:53 am »
Haven't been out for New Years Eve since one year in the 1980s when I went to a party, then the next day woke up in my own bed with little memory of the party and no memory of how I got home.  And yes, I had a massive hangover.  I decided that spending New Years Day hung over with my head over the toilet was just not fun.

Now I'm old.  I have health issues that mean no more drinking.  Most of my contemporaries are getting old too.  No one wants to party anymore.  So I guess I'll find something to binge watch on Netflix or Amazon Prime; then when my eyes glaze over, I'll head for bed. 

Offline uglybiker

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2018, 12:54:45 pm »
I have health issues that mean no more drinking.  Most of my contemporaries are getting old too.  No one wants to party anymore. 

And nobody want to get drunk and get loud
And all my rowdy friends have settled down
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2018, 01:43:17 pm »

Now I'm old.  I have health issues that mean no more drinking.  Most of my contemporaries are getting old too.  No one wants to party anymore.  So I guess I'll find something to binge watch on Netflix or Amazon Prime; then when my eyes glaze over, I'll head for bed.

Check out 'Wolf'.  Excellent albeit with subtitles.  I believe it's Turkish.   Special forces, etc..    :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2018, 02:48:48 pm »
   Inspired by my Beautiful Friend @Freya
@corbe
@Freya
@Sanguine

SANGUINE - MY SON, TOO!

Indeed, Fraya is a beautiful friend of mine, too.
Now, let me tell why we are celebrating on New Year's Eve, December 31.
My son, Wayne, was born on December 31.  He is here from England where he lives.  He will be 60 years old.  Since he was born on New Year's Eve, his surprise cake is being decorated with bursting fireworks. 
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 02:52:51 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2018, 04:12:21 pm »
Stayin' home keeping the dog company because she hates fireworks.

Same here. I have three dogs that will need comforting.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2018, 04:18:00 pm »
@Victoria33

Happy birthday to your son. I just don’t like New Years Eve since I’ve been in my mid twenties. Too long to get into, but I think it’s overrated, and it’s just another night

Honestly, Barry Manilow got it right with his song about it.

This year will be Netflix, Halo ice cream and bed by 9pm. This way I’ll be asleep at midnight so I’ll miss the fireworks and the sound of my upstairs neighbors doing what comes naturally
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 04:22:10 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2018, 04:23:19 pm »
@corbe
@Freya
@Sanguine

SANGUINE - MY SON, TOO!

Indeed, Fraya is a beautiful friend of mine, too.
Now, let me tell why we are celebrating on New Year's Eve, December 31.
My son, Wayne, was born on December 31.  He is here from England where he lives.  He will be 60 years old.  Since he was born on New Year's Eve, his surprise cake is being decorated with bursting fireworks.

Our little tax deductions.  happy77

Offline Applewood

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2018, 04:26:11 pm »
Check out 'Wolf'.  Excellent albeit with subtitles.  I believe it's Turkish.   Special forces, etc..    :patriot:

Thanks for the tip.  These days because my hearing is so bad, I watch almost everything with captions anyway, so they don't bother me.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2018, 04:48:31 pm »
@Victoria33
This year will be Netflix...
@Freya
TO ALL

This is a dumb question, but what exactly is Netflix?  I have never checked into it, don't know what it does except it is movies?  Do you have to pay money to use it?  Can you watch a movie on your computer or does it have to be on your TV?

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2018, 04:53:52 pm »
@Victoria33

You can watch Netflix on your computer or tv. I watch it on my iPad. It has TV shows and movies. You pay a monthly fee for it. Sort of works like amazon prime tv. They should give you one free month as a trial. You sign up on your computer and if you want to watch it on a phone or other device download an app.

Any questions. If you have company for the holidays over that have under 30 year olds they will walk you through everything!!! If not google the url, and there’s a 800 number that should be able to help you.

My 85 year old mother just got an account this year from my sister and loves it.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 04:54:53 pm by Freya »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2018, 04:58:09 pm »
So I guess I'll find something to binge watch on ...Amazon Prime; then when my eyes glaze over, I'll head for bed.
@Applewood

I have Amazon Prime - can we watch movies on there on our computer?  Do they charge money even though we have Prime?

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2018, 05:05:35 pm »
@Applewood

I have Amazon Prime - can we watch movies on there on our computer?  Do they charge money even though we have Prime?

It’s free!!!! And I think you can watch on your computer.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2018, 05:21:01 pm »
@Applewood

The shows and movies on Amazon Prime usually cost something in addition to the Amazon Prime membership.  I believe there are different options, including rent and own and a choice between SD and HD format.  Whatever options you choose determine the price.

I have a "smart tv" with Amaon Prime, Netflix, Hulu and a few other streaming services built in.  All I have to do is set up the account and pay whateve the fees are.  I believe on other tvs, you might need a Roku, but I know nothing about that.  For computers, notebooks, tablets and smartphones, you can get an app for these services. 

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2018, 05:22:17 pm »
I watch amazon prime on my iPad. I’ve never paid for it. If there is a prime sticker on the left hand side it’s free. If not it’s pay.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 05:22:53 pm by Freya »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2018, 05:36:40 pm »
@Applewood
@Freya

Well, you can tell I don't watch movies a lot but sometimes I would like to watch one as an escape from life's realities.
Thanks to both of you for telling me how they work.