Author Topic: Trump: I'm still waiting for Democrats to make a deal to end shutdown  (Read 27295 times)

Offline LegalAmerican

Re: Trump: I'm still waiting for Democrats to make a deal to end shutdown
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2019, 05:26:41 am »
That is a total misrepresentation of the situation.  Trump did not wait until it was impossible to get a deal.  He's been working for one for two years.  I wish you could get a glimpse of what it would be like to have a President who didn't give a shoot about this issue.

You are fighting the one big ally we have in this fight.  That is not smart.

Of course, "they" are not smart, then offended when,  it is pointed out to them. Mostly, I don't address any of them, and just post in my general spot. The quick reply.  They still get upset!   

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2019, 06:35:40 am »
That is a total misrepresentation of the situation.  Trump did not wait until it was impossible to get a deal.  He's been working for one for two years.  I wish you could get a glimpse of what it would be like to have a President who didn't give a shoot about this issue.

You are fighting the one big ally we have in this fight.  That is not smart.

President "Art of the Deal" has been working on a deal for the fence for two years? He had a majority in the House and Senate during his first two years, and couldn't get them to pony up a measly $5 billion for his wall.

The wall was his signature issue when he ran for President, and now he's painted himself into a corner. He has also been poorly served by his staff, who should have put together a game plan to achieve his signature issue. Instead of cultivating allies, and expanding his base of support, he's turned off many potential supporters by his irascible and mercurial style. The chaos by which he governs has stolen a significant amount of energy by creating constant turnover among his key advisors.

And while his core supporters egg him on, chortling and cheering over the financial distress of countless lower to middle grade federal employees, there are millions that will say "a pox on both houses", and tune out the soap opera in the nation's capital.

There's a lesson I learned while in the Army: you can mess with me all you want, but don't mess with my pay. There's roughly 800,000 out there whose pay is being messed with, and the collateral damage will soon be apparent. Restaurants and other providers of goods and services to these 800,000 are starting to feel the pinch.

O/T, but I recommend that you read the novel Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. The author does an exceptional job of laying out the consequences of inaction and poor decisions. It can be a difficult novel to read, as most people are scared away from its 1100 plus pages.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2019, 11:36:23 am »
I'm still waiting to hear the deal from the President himself --- after he's met with the demonrats.  DACA may be part of it …. but I want to know specifics and what else may be in the deal.  @libertybele

I hope now you better understand why I think Republican/Conservative NTs are a plague on our national security.  They brought America to this point.

We always know what to expect from democrats – after all, they are democrats...and too many of them are NWO proto-communists.

But, to see Republican and conservative NeverTrumpers falling in line with fake news and democrat attacks on our republican president, is sickening.

The congress had two-years of total control and if the president doesn’t get the wall, it’s on them, the turncoat Republican and conservative NeverTrumpers.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2019, 11:49:47 am »
It can be a difficult novel to read, as most people are scared away from its 1100 plus pages.

Once you get through the first 450 pages, it's smooth sailing.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2019, 02:03:15 pm »
Once you get through the first 450 pages, it's smooth sailing.

Frederick Forsythe is like that, too. He takes the first couple hundred pages to set the stage. After reading a couple of his novels I knew exactly where to stop, because if I didn't, I was going to be up all night until I finished the novel.

Set aside Rand's philosophy of objectivism, she does a remarkable job of developing characters. Francisco d'Anconia's money speech in the chapter "The Aristocracy of Pull" is must reading. If that's not the DC/Beltway way of life today, I don't know what is.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2019, 02:20:06 pm »
As I stated in another post, this is nothing but a Trump/GOP horse and pony show!  Trump will be a one term president. We will see a DEM seated in the oval office in 2020...bye-bye GOP.

Was this the game from the very beginning?  Trump and all the liberals and RINO's ensuring that a conservative didn't win the oval office? 

@libertybele

WHAT conservative? The alleged Republican Party hates conservatives and has no room for one.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2019, 02:24:20 pm »
And the whole time trump tweeted nasty things about them. I’m sure name calling those whom you need to make a deal is an entire chapter in The Art of the Deal.

@goodwithagun

Sooooo,now it's TRUMPS fault the RINO's are working with their Dim brothers to destroy America?

Want to see someone working to destroy America? Look in a mirror.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2019, 02:27:59 pm »
(All apologies to @mystery-ak ...really, truly...my apologies but I just can’t help myself on this one.)

When you get two brain cells that actually talk to one another, come back and see us.

@Axeslinger

Says a rabid anti-Trumper.

Miss the good old days of Boy Jorge?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2019, 02:43:22 pm »
Donald J. Trump
Verified accountï‚™ @realDonaldTrump 

6:15 PM - 5 Jan 2019

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1081735898679701505

Offline verga

« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2019, 04:28:02 pm »
Why would anyone want a DEMON-RAT  for president?  Low I.Q. thinking.  More accomplished by president in 18 months, than any prior president. in 8 years!  It will take a bit of time for business's to come BACK to America. Demon-rats have made sure, they ALL LEFT.  How can any SANE PERSON, want anyone else in 2020?  It boggles the mind. Yes, US-MCA. New trade deal. It was always the intent of tariffs paying for the wall, that some think a HAND WRITTEN CHECK would be presented by mexico for the wall is LUNACY at its height!  A check, that says FOR THE WALL.  lol 

www.magapill.com
Because they are so hate filled. My nephew was in the Navy for 10 years. On the day after the election the little shit got on FB and wanted a Spec Ops guy to take Trump out. I told him he was lucky not to get an Article 32. He kept claiming that Trump was a racist and had insulted his wife. I asked him in which speech he had specifically mentioned my niece's name. he had no response.
As soon as his enlistment ended he got out.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2019, 04:44:45 pm »
Thank you! Trump isn't perfect. Trump has made mistakes. But let's not get distracted by the shiny, spinning disco ball and ignore the fact that Congress has been worthless these last two years.

If we're actually constitutionalists and conservatives, then if blame is to be spread, we need to recognize that the leaders of the separate-but-equal legislative branch of govt are just as culpable.
I actually blame the congress critters more. When Obozo was President they kept having those sham votes to repeal Obozo care. They should have had a bill written and waiting on Trump's desk January 20th. Instead they forced him to use Executive orders.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2019, 05:42:19 pm »
President "Art of the Deal" has been working on a deal for the fence for two years? He had a majority in the House and Senate during his first two years, and couldn't get them to pony up a measly $5 billion for his wall.

The wall was his signature issue when he ran for President, and now he's painted himself into a corner. He has also been poorly served by his staff, who should have put together a game plan to achieve his signature issue. Instead of cultivating allies, and expanding his base of support, he's turned off many potential supporters by his irascible and mercurial style. The chaos by which he governs has stolen a significant amount of energy by creating constant turnover among his key advisors.

And while his core supporters egg him on, chortling and cheering over the financial distress of countless lower to middle grade federal employees, there are millions that will say "a pox on both houses", and tune out the soap opera in the nation's capital.

There's a lesson I learned while in the Army: you can mess with me all you want, but don't mess with my pay. There's roughly 800,000 out there whose pay is being messed with, and the collateral damage will soon be apparent. Restaurants and other providers of goods and services to these 800,000 are starting to feel the pinch.

O/T, but I recommend that you read the novel Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. The author does an exceptional job of laying out the consequences of inaction and poor decisions. It can be a difficult novel to read, as most people are scared away from its 1100 plus pages.

Key words in your post "The President has been working on a deal for the wall for two years."

Yes, he has and he is our only President to make an issue of this vital problem for our country.

But all the NTers do is focus on the fact that he hasn't been able to accomplish it yet and ignore all the roadblocks he has faced.

He's faced two years in which his Republican majority in the House and Senate could not get their act together and work with him on the issue.  Just when the Senate is slowly beginning to come around, he lost the House though by a far smaller percentage than most presidents mid-term.

The American people overwhelmingly want border safety.

I am not cheering over the loss of pay for government workers but those people are assured of receiving their back pay eventually and can probably get loans to tide them based on that.  On the other hand, unemployment is at a record low level and many people ARE getting paychecks who were not before Trump's economy.

I read Atlas Shrugged and I am not slogging through that opus again.  I know she is worshipped by some but not by me.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2019, 05:57:46 pm »
Key words in your post "The President has been working on a deal for the wall for two years."

Yes, he has and he is our only President to make an issue of this vital problem for our country.

But all the NTers do is focus on the fact that he hasn't been able to accomplish it yet and ignore all the roadblocks he has faced.

@Emjay

Not true! The males and alleged males are getting wood at the thought of Trump failing. They would rather see Jesse Jackson as President than a "outsider" that doesn't owe loyalty to the RINO Party and who can't be blackmailed into following orders. These Party Pod People are professional victims,and the whole idea of a President that won office as a Republican can get things done is the most terrifying thing they have ever heard of because it means they might lose their professional victim status.

The American people overwhelmingly want border safety.

Yeah,but nobody important cares about stuff like that because there would be a net loss of government contracts and civil service jobs.

Online corbe

« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2019, 06:06:23 pm »
   Jesse Jackson, really @sneakypete that's a stretch. 
   There are only two people that I would ever consider for POTUS (at this time), Sen. Lee or Cruz.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2019, 06:10:26 pm »
   Jesse Jackson, really @sneakypete that's a stretch. 

@corbe

Not really. If a Presidential election were to boil down to a choice between JJ and Trump,they would vote for JJ. They know they can do bidnez with him.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2019, 11:24:42 pm »
@corbe

Not really. If a Presidential election were to boil down to a choice between JJ and Trump,they would vote for JJ. They know they can do bidnez with him.

Or they might vote for a third person - someone more Conservative than either.

Likewise, just because a person is not AT does not make that person NT.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2019, 02:01:55 am »
@goodwithagun

Sooooo,now it's TRUMPS fault the RINO's are working with their Dim brothers to destroy America?

Want to see someone working to destroy America? Look in a mirror.

I can’t, I’m a vampire.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2019, 02:19:01 am »

@Axeslinger

Says a rabid anti-Trumper.

Miss the good old days of Boy Jorge?

@sneakypete

In the most friendly way possible, I’d kindly suggest you go read my posting history before you embarrass yourself in that vein...especially in defense of that particular nut job.  For every criticism of trump, you’ll find comments where i give him props. What you’ll find is me lambasting the kool-aid drinkers for their lack of intellectual honesty...over and over and over.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 02:22:06 am by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Online corbe

« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2019, 02:23:50 am »
   Sure, @Axeslinger we'll accept that your not a Boy Jorge Lover but it's obvious to all of us that you support the Rainbow Push and Jesse Jackson, come clean and admit it.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2019, 02:30:20 am »
   Sure, @Axeslinger we'll accept that your not a Boy Jorge Lover but it's obvious to all of us that you support the Rainbow Push and Jesse Jackson, come clean and admit it.

Since I didn’t vote for Trump either, it can obviously be inferred that I would prefer Jesse or Hillary in the White House...that’s Trumper logic, of course.   :thud:

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2019, 02:36:29 am »

@corbe

Wait...what the hell just happened?

:whistle:
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Online corbe

« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2019, 02:47:03 am »
    There's been rumours that you don't like Trump as much as some here so it's obvious that you must be a JJ'er.  That's the going narrative, anyway.  Had you been an AS supporter (Al Sharpton), we'd forgive your transgressions.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2019, 03:24:26 am »
Since I didn’t vote for Trump either, it can obviously be inferred that I would prefer Jesse or Hillary in the White House...that’s Trumper logic, of course.   :thud:

No, you’re perfectly safe. If not voting for trump is voting for Hilary, then not voting for Hillary is a vote for trump. Just use their “logic” against them, but make sure you have proper protection. It’s super messy when their heads explode.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2019, 07:36:40 am »
    There's been rumours that you don't like Trump as much as some here so it's obvious that you must be a JJ'er.  That's the going narrative, anyway.  Had you been an AS supporter (Al Sharpton), we'd forgive your transgressions.

@corbe

If there are here,you started them with your editorializing.

What I wrote IMPLIED that the rabid NT's would rather heave Jesse Jackson in the WH than Trump.

Deal with it.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2019, 09:55:20 am »
@libertybele

WHAT conservative? The alleged Republican Party hates conservatives and has no room for one.

The GOP House got what they deserved in the mid terms. That POS Ryan did everything he could to depress GOP turnout.
At least the Senate got two SC seats filled and moved a lot of judges on to the bench.