Author Topic: Trump: I'm still waiting for Democrats to make a deal to end shutdown  (Read 27291 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump: I'm still waiting for Democrats to make a deal to end shutdown
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2018, 01:28:54 pm »

...hmmm.... I wonder what part of 'failed leadership' in both Houses you're not comprehending??  Sorry @Right_in_Virginia but I find it laughable that you got your panties in a bunch because I dared to lay some blame on the President.   

....hmmm @libertybele here's what got my panties in a bunch. This is what I was addressing, not the rest of the babble.

Exactly.  FAILED leadership is responsible in BOTH the House and the Senate for the past 4 years. My complaint with Trump is his inability to reign in members of his own party.   

I do hope my reply to you in post 38 explained the error of your ways.  Let me know if anything remains unclear and I'll do my best to help you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2018, 01:48:47 pm »
....hmmm @libertybele here's what got my panties in a bunch. This is what I was addressing, not the rest of the babble.

I do hope my reply to you in post 38 explained the error of your ways.  Let me know if anything remains unclear and I'll do my best to help you.

Cute, @Right_in_Virginia  but, I definitely don't need your help.  You are willing to give Trump a free pass on amnesty and DACA and NO wall.  I am not.  It's as simple as that.  Error in my ways? Too funny!  I refuse to compromise when it comes to the WALL and the sovereignty of this country.  There is NO compromise on those issues.  None.  No free pass for Trump on these issues.  None.

So ... I do hope my reply is crystal clear.  If not, I can't help you any further.

Secondly, it may do you some good to draw in your claws; they aren't becoming and starts to make a honest rebuttal look like a school yard bully fight.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2018, 01:51:29 pm »
Cute, @Right_in_Virginia  but, I definitely don't need your help.  You are willing to give Trump a free pass on amnesty and DACA and NO wall.

You must know by now @libertybele that I do not react to every rumor and spin posted here.  This is one of them.

But you appear to love it ... so work yourself up.  I'll wait until I see the deal.

Enjoy your day.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2018, 02:01:08 pm »
You must know by now @libertybele that I do not react to every rumor and spin posted here.  This is one of them.

But you appear to love it ... so work yourself up.  I'll wait until I see the deal.

Enjoy your day.

@Right_in_Virginia Trump's willingness to offer DEMS amnesty for the recent DACA dispute is something that you refuse to accept.  I have posted several links, and it was reported by many news sources.  If you refuse to open your eyes, that's on you.

The only one in here that has gotten worked up is you!!  Take a deep breath.  Pour yourself a cup of coffee and go out and smell the roses.  Your day might just look a little brighter.  Peace.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2018, 03:15:54 pm »
Let's look at facts:

1. The Continuation Bill is awaiting the Senate to return to Washington. Trump cannot open the government.
2. Trump cannot build a wall. It requires Congressional approval for the money.
3. The Democrats voted against keeping the government open.

Countdown to Resignation

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2018, 04:59:12 pm »

On behalf of those of us who still believe in our Constitutional right to criticize government, switch to cotton.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #56 on: December 31, 2018, 05:02:54 pm »
Let's look at facts:

1. The Continuation Bill is awaiting the Senate to return to Washington. Trump cannot open the government.

The other fact is the new Congress will be sworn in on January 3rd, which will make the House bill null and void.  Perhaps there will be a vote either on the 1st (if they reconvene) or the 2nd, but I'm not holding my breath nor am I holding my breath that there will be enough votes in the Senate.

Horse and pony show as usual in Washington.

« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2018, 07:12:08 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia Trump's willingness to offer DEMS amnesty for the recent DACA dispute is something that you refuse to accept. 

I'm still waiting to hear the deal from the President himself --- after he's met with the demonrats.  DACA may be part of it …. but I want to know specifics and what else may be in the deal.  @libertybele

I hope now you better understand why I think Republican/Conservative NTs are a plague on our national security.  They brought America to this point.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #58 on: December 31, 2018, 07:23:58 pm »
I'm still waiting to hear the deal from the President himself --- after he's met with the demonrats.  DACA may be part of it …. but I want to know specifics and what else may be in the deal.  @libertybele

I hope now you better understand why I think Republican/Conservative NTs are a plague on our national security.  They brought America to this point.

No, Trump himself is the plague.  You know what is funny?  That Lindsey Graham obviously and openly opposes Trump but people like you hang on Grahams every word.  Lindsey Graham goes around with his little press conferences telling everyone how he is correcting Trumps ill informed ways.  Its OK with you right?  Its Lindsey Graham at the head of the opposition to immigration and always has been.  But Trump keeps him at his side like a loyal dog.  Graham is in there every day pushing the president to except his amnesty and nothing from you about it.

Graham just majorly opposed Trump in the Syria pull out.  I actually think he is probably right, but he made the President sound like a nut.  And he made himself sound like the savior that went in with his General to talk some sense into the nut President.

That really is funny because if any other Senator was to question Trump policy they would be targets for Trump.  He would be working diligently to make sure their names were shouted at rallies as evil NTers.  He would be working to destroy their career and assure that they never get elected again.  But free pass for Lindsey Graham.

Trump isn't running this country.  He makes messes and others clean up.  Kushner, Ivanka, Mulvaney and Graham are running the country.  Trump makes statements and takes them back after others correct him.

Sessions was the best thing going in the Trump administration.  He was working on crime and illegal immigration.  What has happened at the DOJ since he left?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 07:29:06 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2018, 07:46:01 pm »
No, Trump himself is the plague.  …/ 

You are wrong @Chosen Daughter  Without this man we would not even be talking about a wall … never mind fighting for one.

I've eliminated the rest of your post because it's just more of your hatred spam and it, quite frankly, sickens me.  I wish I could end this year on a good note with you, but that's just not in the cards.   

No need to respond.  I won't read it. 

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2018, 07:59:15 pm »
You are wrong @Chosen Daughter  Without this man we would not even be talking about a wall … never mind fighting for one.

I've eliminated the rest of your post because it's just more of your hatred spam and it, quite frankly, sickens me.  I wish I could end this year on a good note with you, but that's just not in the cards.   

No need to respond.  I won't read it.

Its OK, you don't need to read it.

Talk is cheap.  Talk is how Trump got elected.  It worked for him and I will give him praise when it starts working for us.  For America and her security.  For the American people that did vote for him according to all that talking he did.

And again...Sessions was working on the campaign promises that Trump had given America.  But it had to be about recusing himself.  All about Trump.  Mind you that Lindsey Graham advised Jeff Sessions to recuse himself.

I am not hateful.  Just mad that this country is being taken over by Mexico, their cartels and Central American gangs.  I am sorry but patching fences isn't going to keep them out.  A new bigger caravan upwards of 15,000 on their way and Trump is reducing border wall funding to 2.1 billion.  Not going to finish anything.  At best a few miles here and there.  Or fence patching which is literally what we have been doing.  December shows that they are still getting in at record numbers.

Its very simple.  5.6 to 2.1 says not serious.  Border security not important to the President.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 08:13:57 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2018, 08:48:15 pm »
Its OK, you don't need to read it.

Talk is cheap.  Talk is how Trump got elected.  It worked for him and I will give him praise when it starts working for us.  For America and her security.  For the American people that did vote for him according to all that talking he did.

And again...Sessions was working on the campaign promises that Trump had given America.  But it had to be about recusing himself.  All about Trump.  Mind you that Lindsey Graham advised Jeff Sessions to recuse himself.

I am not hateful.  Just mad that this country is being taken over by Mexico, their cartels and Central American gangs.  I am sorry but patching fences isn't going to keep them out.  A new bigger caravan upwards of 15,000 on their way and Trump is reducing border wall funding to 2.1 billion.  Not going to finish anything.  At best a few miles here and there.  Or fence patching which is literally what we have been doing.  December shows that they are still getting in at record numbers.

Its very simple.  5.6 to 2.1 says not serious.  Border security not important to the President.

Thank you @Chosen Daughter for pointing out the reality of our situation.  Some of the people in the last caravan mob who came to our borders are still waiting for asylum.  No fence would change that situation.  In all fairness Trump did try to strengthen our asylum laws but that change was short lived because of a liberal judge.

You are correct though, Trump accepting a reduction in money for the wall is indicative of what's to come with a new DEM majority in the House. 

Border security/wall is what got him elected and for him to soften or backpedal in any way is not acceptable and I fully question the integrity of that promise and I also question the judgment of those people who are willing to give him a free pass on this issue. His willingness to bend on the wall is alarming.  He willingness to once again consider granting amnesty is equally alarming.

Those issues in my books are NOT negotiable.  Stats have shown that we have more illegals crossing over into this country than under Bammy.  Why is that? Here is the president that has promised NO amnesty and a WALL and to stop illegal immigration and here we sit.  When the sheer number of illegals and those granted asylum and refugee status outnumber the voting GOP populace, then those who gave him a free pass will be shaking their heads wondering what happened?  When gang violence gets so out of control that attacks on citizens become more commonplace, they will be the first ones to demand something be done. Also, the drug cartel has increased their presence in this country and the opioid crisis is now an epidemic  to such a point that the average life expectancy in this country is now lower.  Yet, his followers are still willing to give him a free pass.

Those who continue to glorify this man ARE responsible for what happens to this country as a result of his actions in the past, present and future.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 08:55:40 pm by libertybele »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2018, 09:10:55 pm »
Thank you @Chosen Daughter for pointing out the reality of our situation.  Some of the people in the last caravan mob who came to our borders are still waiting for asylum.  No fence would change that situation.  In all fairness Trump did try to strengthen our asylum laws but that change was short lived because of a liberal judge.

You are correct though, Trump accepting a reduction in money for the wall is indicative of what's to come with a new DEM majority in the House. 

Border security/wall is what got him elected and for him to soften or backpedal in any way is not acceptable and I fully question the integrity of that promise and I also question the judgment of those people who are willing to give him a free pass on this issue. His willingness to bend on the wall is alarming.  He willingness to once again consider granting amnesty is equally alarming.

Those issues in my books are NOT negotiable.  Stats have shown that we have more illegals crossing over into this country than under Bammy.  Why is that? Here is the president that has promised NO amnesty and a WALL and to stop illegal immigration and here we sit.  When the sheer number of illegals and those granted asylum and refugee status outnumber the voting GOP populace, then those who gave him a free pass will be shaking their heads wondering what happened?  When gang violence gets so out of control that attacks on citizens become more commonplace, they will be the first ones to demand something be done. Also, the drug cartel has increased their presence in this country and the opioid crisis is now an epidemic  to such a point that the average life expectancy in this country is now lower.  Yet, his followers are still willing to give him a free pass.

Those who continue to glorify this man ARE responsible for what happens to this country as a result of his actions in the past, present and future.

Agree, and thank you.

Drug Cartel and their criminal business had been increasing since the early 2000's.  I posted an article in the immigration section where a child in LA was describing how most of his friends are dead or in gangs.  Our prison data from our very own DOJ tells the story about Federal crime and illegal immigration.  It is only one part of a whole of ills caused by illegal immigration.  The cost to taxpayers who have to flip the bill for incarceration, food, housing, medical, dental and education for children of illegal immigrants.  We are suffocating from the affects of open borders.  We can look forward in the very near future to the same way of life that these immigrants claim they are leaving.

I sincerely do feel for the workers and their families of this Federal shutdown.  But the scope is much bigger, much wider.  It is about the country and its future.  I have said that Trump should take this shutdown and ask for all of it.  Every bit needed to complete the wall.  Whether it is 26 billion or 40.  It will all come back because we have rock solid data showing the cost of illegal immigration.  If Trump cares about our children and their future he will up the request, not lower it.  He will see to it that our border is secured. 

Democrats have already announced the first order of business for the new Congress.  Bill including border security.  1.3 billion I think was the figure I read for fixing fencing.

A ship tossed to and fro is not a steady ship.

I found the article.  Sad that this is California, but selfish liberal politicians could care less what is happening in their state.  In fact the entire Pacific Northwest.  I wonder too, how can we take people into LA on an asylum request when we throw them right into the MS-13 trap?  Escape from what?

https://www.city-journal.org/html/immigrant-gang-plague-12801.html
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 09:26:58 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2018, 09:21:01 pm »
Let's look at facts:

Trump is not a dictator, and cannot even do things he campaigned for and wants to do.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2018, 09:26:02 pm »
Trump is not a dictator, and cannot even do things he campaigned for and wants to do.

Very true. I’ve noticed how the most rabid trump voters wanted a Republican Obama that used a phone and a pen for their own agenda.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2018, 09:31:30 pm »
    Last week his Administration announced they were sending $B's to Mexico and Central America.  Yesterday he says he's "thinking" of withholding already approved funds to said Countries.  It's becoming hard to keep up with the day to day rhetoric.
   Kinda like the Chinese telecom companies spying on everything, one week he advocates for them, the next he's cursing them. 
   I am becoming more disillusioned by the day with this Administration (if that is even possible), realizing he is my ONLY Hope right now is becoming increasingly depressing with each passing week.

Cheer up, @corbe   Do what I do.  I concentrate on what Trump actually does.  He doesn't think before he speaks sometimes but he does think before he acts.

I like that he brings a new perspective ... like thinking out of the popcorn box.  How long have we tried to police the Middle East? And to what end?  But he's the first to actually pull out.

His policies have been good for the economy.

And we do need to get control of illegal immigration.  Not just people but drugs flowing through.

I'm glad he's standing firm on this. 

And, you might just as well learn to love him because the democrats have no one who can beat him.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online berdie

« Reply #66 on: January 01, 2019, 12:23:36 am »
The newscast with Pelosi and Schumer was entertaining and good for popcorn sales.  Nice way to put them on the record.  But it also insured no deal would be made. 

I'll be surprised if Trump doesn't back down in some way.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2019, 01:06:57 am »
The newscast with Pelosi and Schumer was entertaining and good for popcorn sales.  Nice way to put them on the record.  But it also insured no deal would be made. 

I'll be surprised if Trump doesn't back down in some way.

Politics in a country as divided as we are now on basic issues will always consist of give and take.

Trump will only back down if he sees an advantage in doing so.

I am constantly disheartened by otherwise normal people who do not see that Trump is trying as hard as it is possible for a guy to do to keep his promises.  He is not a dictator and he's done so much.

Passionate anti-illegal immigration people like @libertybele and @Chosen Daughter are continually sniping at him because he can't seem to wave a magic wand, without the slightest appreciation for how hard he is working on this issue.

Sometimes I wonder if we even deserve a good President.

Online berdie

« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2019, 01:47:20 am »
Politics in a country as divided as we are now on basic issues will always consist of give and take.

I am constantly disheartened by otherwise normal people who do not see that Trump is trying as hard as it is possible for a guy to do to keep his promises.  He is not a dictator and he's done so much.

Passionate anti-illegal immigration people like @libertybele and @Chosen Daughter are continually sniping at him because he can't seem to wave a magic wand, without the slightest appreciation for how hard he is working on this issue.

I am a normal person and see that Trump is working hard on this issue.  But I'm not sure about the way he goes about the "Art Of The Deal" in the situation he is in.  I have been a business that I had to negotiate for a good outcome.  I would not have taken this route.  But that's just me.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 01:49:12 am by berdie »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2019, 02:33:36 am »

I am a normal person and see that Trump is working hard on this issue.  But I'm not sure about the way he goes about the "Art Of The Deal" in the situation he is in.  I have been a business that I had to negotiate for a good outcome.  I would not have taken this route.  But that's just me.

@berdie not continually sniping at him, but rather pointing out the fact that his attempt to get a border wall was made at the very last hours before a new Congress would be sworn in. Certainly he must have known that Schumer wouldn't budge, why would he?  Schumer knew that Trump didn't have the votes in the Senate.  Trump also must have known that within days the new Congress would be sworn in; voiding the House bill.  So ... my question is ... why create the media circus? 

Trump promised a wall, yet he waits until the odds are unfavorable in getting funding to make a hard push.  WHY?  Why toy with the American people?  Schumer laughed in his face and Nancy flat out told him, he wasn't going to win this.

Does anyone think that the Senate will reconvene tomorrow or Wednesday and the vote will pass in the Senate before Thursday when the new Congress is sworn in? 

Even the Turtle didn't want to shut down the government ... what does that tell you?  So what the DEMS get the blame for the shutdown.? Who cares? ... all that matters is there still is no $$ for the wall!

Meanwhile...there are reports of a new caravan of appx. 15,000 heading our way.  Perhaps the new DEM majority in the House led by Pelosi will give Trump $$.  Anyone really think that's going to happen? 

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2019, 03:44:38 am »
@berdie not continually sniping at him, but rather pointing out the fact that his attempt to get a border wall was made at the very last hours before a new Congress would be sworn in. Certainly he must have known that Schumer wouldn't budge, why would he?  Schumer knew that Trump didn't have the votes in the Senate.  Trump also must have known that within days the new Congress would be sworn in; voiding the House bill.  So ... my question is ... why create the media circus? 

Trump promised a wall, yet he waits until the odds are unfavorable in getting funding to make a hard push.  WHY?  Why toy with the American people?  Schumer laughed in his face and Nancy flat out told him, he wasn't going to win this.

Does anyone think that the Senate will reconvene tomorrow or Wednesday and the vote will pass in the Senate before Thursday when the new Congress is sworn in? 

Even the Turtle didn't want to shut down the government ... what does that tell you?  So what the DEMS get the blame for the shutdown.? Who cares? ... all that matters is there still is no $$ for the wall!

Meanwhile...there are reports of a new caravan of appx. 15,000 heading our way.  Perhaps the new DEM majority in the House led by Pelosi will give Trump $$.  Anyone really think that's going to happen?

That is a total misrepresentation of the situation.  Trump did not wait until it was impossible to get a deal.  He's been working for one for two years.  I wish you could get a glimpse of what it would be like to have a President who didn't give a shoot about this issue.

You are fighting the one big ally we have in this fight.  That is not smart.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2019, 02:44:54 am »
I copied this, as I've had this person on ignore for MONTHS, and do not read any posts of theirs, unless some copied them. Like now. I am not even talking to or replying to this person, Axeslinger,  EVER.  HOW CRAZY IS THAT?  If YOU feel convicted somehow, that is NOT ON ME. However YOUR POST, addressing me is, PERSONAL NAME CALLING and uncalled for.  Why are volunteering to be one of the LOW I.Q. people?  Point made. Nasty, nasty.  Must be true or else you would not post about me. Everything I say is true. I have earned the wisdom of age.  Now you will start bashing me for THAT.  YOU TALK LIKE THIS TO YOUR GRANDMA?

@LegalAmerican
Good I’m glad you have me on ignore because I’m going to continue to call you out for your ridiculous bullshit.
I will not accept a damn foreigner telling me ad nauseum that she thinks she knows what “real Americans” should do just because she wants to be the next on line to be one of trumps side pieces.
You have earned the wisdom of nothing.  You demonstrate over and over that you are incapable of independent thought and are solely capable of regurgitating the latest conspiracy theory du jour.  You are a drooling sycophant who doesn’t know her ass from a hole in the ground. Go post your ridiculous conspiracy theory nonsense elsewhere. And finally, my Grandma taught me to not suffer fools, and you my dear, are truly one of the biggest  brain dead fools I have ever encountered.  Here’s a little tip for you, dear:   Just because you read it on the Internet doesn’t mean it’s true.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 02:50:35 am by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2019, 02:53:54 am »
@LegalAmerican
Good I’m glad you have me on ignore because I’m going to continue to call you out for your ridiculous bullshit.
I will not accept a damn foreigner telling me ad nauseum that she thinks she knows what “real Americans” should do just because she wants to be the next on line to be one of trumps side pieces.
You have earned the wisdom of nothing.  You demonstrate over and over that you are incapable of independent thought and are solely capable of regurgitating the latest conspiracy theory du jour.  You are a drooling sycophant who doesn’t know her ass from a hole in the ground. Go post your ridiculous conspiracy theory nonsense elsewhere. And finally, my Grandma taught me to not suffer fools, and you my dear, are truly one of the biggest  brain dead fools I have ever encountered.  Here’s a little tip for you, dear:   Just because you read it on the Internet doesn’t mean it’s true.

Sweet mother of mercy. THIS! A million times, THIS!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2019, 04:10:27 am »
That is a total misrepresentation of the situation.  Trump did not wait until it was impossible to get a deal.  He's been working for one for two years.  I wish you could get a glimpse of what it would be like to have a President who didn't give a shoot about this issue.

You are fighting the one big ally we have in this fight.  That is not smart.

Good grief!  I'm not fighting Trump in any way nor I am not misrepresenting the situation.  Trump had a majority for 2 years and in the time he should have worked within that majority to get a wall.  Now, when the GOP has lost the House majority, he decides to play hardball.  Come on. 

The Secure Fence Act was passed by BOTH houses in 2006 during 'W's term ... not fully funded ... Bammy became president ... we all know the history so I really don't think the relevancy of past presidents bares any credence to the situation at hand. That's in the past and what's done is done.  We can't go backwards. What matters is NOW under Trump.  He's the president  and could of, would have, should have under another president to me is meaningless.

Trump grandstanded, created a media circus in the 11th hour and if you want to give him a free pass on this go for it.  I don't.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2019, 05:22:56 am »

Sometimes I wonder if we even deserve a good President.

I totally agree as it is the truth!  He does this all for NO PAY!  Verbal abuse, lies, constantly...for NO PAY. 

.....WWW.MAGAPILL.COM