Author Topic: Trump: I'm still waiting for Democrats to make a deal to end shutdown  (Read 27292 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Trump: I'm still waiting for Democrats to make a deal to end shutdown
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2018, 10:52:30 pm »
(All apologies to @mystery-ak ...really, truly...my apologies but I just can’t help myself on this one.)

But @LegalAmerican , I really just can’t take any more of your nonsensical, kool aid drinking bullshit where in almost every post you tell us that we have “Low IQ thinking” or some other derogatory, condescending remark implying that you are far brighter than us just because you’d like to have trumps love child.   So please allow me the opportunity to be the first to say go take a flying f’ing leap and GFY.   When you get two brain cells that actually talk to one another, come back and see us.

888high58888 and  888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2018, 11:08:54 pm »
   It's not lost on this NT'er that Ryan/McConnell failed Trump tremendously, go figure (it is his party, so he has to partially take the blame) but you would've thought the best damn DealMaker since the GodFather could have delivered something other than this nothing?

Thank you! Trump isn't perfect. Trump has made mistakes. But let's not get distracted by the shiny, spinning disco ball and ignore the fact that Congress has been worthless these last two years.

If we're actually constitutionalists and conservatives, then if blame is to be spread, we need to recognize that the leaders of the separate-but-equal legislative branch of govt are just as culpable.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2018, 11:10:15 pm »
Thank you! Trump isn't perfect. Trump has made mistakes. But let's not get distracted by the shiny, spinning disco ball and ignore the fact that Congress has been worthless these last two years.

If we're actually constitutionalists and conservatives, then if blame is to be spread, we need to recognize that the leaders of the separate-but-equal legislative branch of govt are just as culpable.
@Free Vulcan
100% spot on.  Couldn’t agree more
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Online corbe

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2018, 11:11:36 pm »
(All apologies to @mystery-ak ...really, truly...my apologies but I just can’t help myself on this one.)

But @LegalAmerican , I really just can’t take any more of your nonsensical, kool aid drinking bullshit where in almost every post you tell us that we have “Low IQ thinking” or some other derogatory, condescending remark implying that you are far brighter than us just because you’d like to have trumps love child.   So please allow me the opportunity to be the first to say go take a flying f’ing leap and GFY.   When you get two brain cells that actually talk to one another, come back and see us.

Apparently @Axeslinger your not just a hater, your a misogynist hater, please report to your nearest county health clinic.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2018, 11:12:36 pm »

Apparently @Axeslinger your not just a hater, your a misogynist hater, please report to your nearest county health clinic.

@corbe

But do I get a medal?
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Online corbe

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2018, 11:17:09 pm »
   The FDA no longer allows us Mercury to treat syphilis.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2018, 12:16:23 am »

Almost all the blame lies on Congress, IMO.  It's hard to assign much to trump since we don't know if he would have signed all the conservative legislation they didn't bother to pass.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2018, 12:23:39 am »
Almost all the blame lies on Congress, IMO.  It's hard to assign much to trump since we don't know if he would have signed all the conservative legislation they didn't bother to pass.

Exactly.  FAILED leadership is responsible in BOTH the House and the Senate for the past 4 years. My complaint with Trump is his inability to reign in members of his own party.  After all he proclaimed that he was such a magnificent deal maker.  My other complaint is he waited till the very last few days.  Holding his breath and shutting down the government will prove futile in the next couple of days and then, in reality, what options does he have other than to go along with what he can eek out of Chuckie and Nancy.

It make him look incompetent and inept.  His meeting with Chuckie and Nancy was all nothing more than a stage show.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2018, 12:27:28 am »
Exactly.  FAILED leadership is responsible in BOTH the House and the Senate for the past 4 years. My complaint with Trump is his inability to reign in members of his own party.  After all he proclaimed that he was such a magnificent deal maker.  My other complaint is he waited till the very last few days.  Holding his breath and shutting down the government will prove futile in the next couple of days and then, in reality, what options does he have other than to go along with what he can eek out of Chuckie and Nancy.

It make him look incompetent and inept.  His meeting with Chuckie and Nancy was all nothing more than a stage show.

Keep in mind he didn't shut down (a very small part of) the gov't.  They haven't put a bill on his desk.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2018, 12:41:15 am »
Keep in mind he didn't shut down (a very small part of) the gov't.  They haven't put a bill on his desk.

The House approved a bill and of course the Senate refused to approve.  That House bill goes away in a couple of days, making Trump look incompetent and inept.  He fully knew that Chuck and Nancy would never approve ... so calling the media in was fruitless and foolish.  What did it accomplish?  Putting the blame on the shoulders of the DEMS?  That only matters to Trump's base.  The DEM base could care less.  They're applauding their leadership for not caving and the reality of the matter is, a new bill will NOT be passed granting Trump $$ in the budget for a wall with the new DEM majority in the House. The DEMS won again, even with a GOP majority!  So again, what did Trump accomplish on this issue?  Not a darn thing.  In fact, by all indications he's going to surrender to DACA, asylum and still we have no WALL. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 12:42:52 am by libertybele »

« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2018, 01:19:47 am »
The House approved a bill and of course the Senate refused to approve.  That House bill goes away in a couple of days, making Trump look incompetent and inept.  He fully knew that Chuck and Nancy would never approve ... so calling the media in was fruitless and foolish.  What did it accomplish?  Putting the blame on the shoulders of the DEMS?  That only matters to Trump's base.  The DEM base could care less.  They're applauding their leadership for not caving and the reality of the matter is, a new bill will NOT be passed granting Trump $$ in the budget for a wall with the new DEM majority in the House. The DEMS won again, even with a GOP majority!  So again, what did Trump accomplish on this issue?  Not a darn thing.  In fact, by all indications he's going to surrender to DACA, asylum and still we have no WALL.

Maybe.  But Trump is still not the one that shut the govt down.

When Congress puts a bill (or a budget!) on his desk and he vetoes it, then he can have the blame/credit for a shutdown.  Until then, it's a failure of Congress to do their job.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2018, 02:21:55 am »
Maybe.  But Trump is still not the one that shut the govt down.

When Congress puts a bill (or a budget!) on his desk and he vetoes it, then he can have the blame/credit for a shutdown.  Until then, it's a failure of The GOP Congress to do their job.

I wonder how many suckers are going to believe the GOP in 2020 when they say elect us to the majority again.....we promise we will do what we were elected to do this time... :shrug:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2018, 02:26:38 am »
I wonder how many suckers are going to believe the GOP in 2020 when they say elect us to the majority again.....we promise we will do what we were elected to do this time... :shrug:

Therein lies yet another problem.  We sure as heck don't want to keep electing the same people who continue to break their promises election after election.  Unfortunately, they often run unopposed or the opposition is under funded and/or unheard of and so they continue to get elected. The only other alternatives are to elect a liberal or refrain from voting. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2018, 03:52:45 am »
Exactly.  FAILED leadership is responsible in BOTH the House and the Senate for the past 4 years. My complaint with Trump is his inability to reign in members of his own party. 

Don't put this bullshit on the President @libertybele   The problem in the House was NT Ryan and his refusal to bring legislation to the floor for a vote.  It was Ryan for his making unnecessary compromises.  It was Ryan for telling the President and us that he's going full out obstructionist because he's keeping the Speakership even though he's retiring and doesn't have to answer to the voters--or anyone-- again.

Nearly forty members of the Republican caucus in the House chose retirement en masse ... greasing the wheels for a flip in the House.  We can log this as Ryan's most significant victory.

On the Senate side our majority was cut in half by McCain, the high priest of NTs, refusing to retire and allow an actively voting Senator to replace him.  We lost the seat in Alabama because conservatives insisted on nominating a candidate--against the wishes and endorsement of the President-- who had two statewide defeats already under his belt.  When the pedophile charges hit, he didn't have the depth of support needed to withstand them.  But we got to argue morality for a few months, so I guess losing the seat was worth it.

Murkowski and Collins were reliable "no" votes who delighted in being the outliers and morally superior; and Flake--another one who removed himself from voter outrage---stayed up nights too excited to sleep knowing he was going to stop the President.  It didn't matter that he was also stopping his pro-America agenda, he was stopping the man.

By and large Republicans don't suck.  Republican NTs do.  What we're now witnessing is the Republican NT chickens coming home to roost.   Aim your anger at them.  They've earned it.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2018, 03:59:02 am »
By and large Republicans don't suck.  Republican NTs do.  What we're now witnessing is the Republican NT chickens coming home to roost.   Aim your anger at them.  They've earned it.

Nope.  I aim my anger at everyone who purports themselves to be and runs as a conservative ,and then fails to govern as such...including your deity trump, when he does the same thing.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2018, 04:05:58 am »
Don't put this bullshit on the President @libertybele   The problem in the House was NT Ryan and his refusal to bring legislation to the floor for a vote.  It was Ryan for his making unnecessary compromises.  It was Ryan for telling the President and us that he's going full out obstructionist because he's keeping the Speakership even though he's retiring and doesn't have to answer to the voters--or anyone-- again.

Nearly forty members of the Republican caucus in the House chose retirement en masse ... greasing the wheels for a flip in the House.  We can log this as Ryan's most significant victory.

On the Senate side our majority was cut in half by McCain, the high priest of NTs, refusing to retire and allow an actively voting Senator to replace him.  We lost the seat in Alabama because conservatives insisted on nominating a candidate--against the wishes and endorsement of the President-- who had two statewide defeats already under his belt.  When the pedophile charges hit, he didn't have the depth of support needed to withstand them.  But we got to argue morality for a few months, so I guess losing the seat was worth it.

Murkowski and Collins were reliable "no" votes who delighted in being the outliers and morally superior; and Flake--another one who removed himself from voter outrage---stayed up nights too excited to sleep knowing he was going to stop the President.  It didn't matter that he was also stopping his pro-America agenda, he was stopping the man.

Are you suggesting that Paul Ryan had the influence to get 40 Representatives to retires??  My God, that level of leadership hasn't been achieved by the Republicans in my lifetime.  Trump must be jealous.

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2018, 04:19:55 am »
Are you suggesting that Paul Ryan had the influence to get 40 Representatives to retires??

Yes.  In the first quarter of 2016 Ryan began telling the media and the caucus that the Republicans were not going to keep the House.  If you're going to retire now is the time was his drumbeat.  A rather self-fulfilling prophecy and Ryan's finest work.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2018, 04:27:28 am »

Basically, we have the Democrats now 100% responsible for shutting down the government.  Yet instead of bashing them, you choose to bash anyone who does not swear blind allegiance to Trump.  Seriously, you are no different from a Democrat.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2018, 04:35:31 am »

THANK YOU!  I love clear minded people on here.  RARE...from what I see.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2018, 04:42:32 am »
Basically, we have the Democrats now 100% responsible for shutting down the government.  Yet instead of bashing them, you choose to bash anyone who does not swear blind allegiance to Trump.  Seriously, you are no different from a Democrat.

Bullshit @Hoodat  I responded to a post blaming the President for not keeping the Republican caucus together.  I explained why this was impossible.  And I don't give a furry rat's ass if you don't like the truth.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2018, 04:43:53 am »
I copied this, as I've had this person on ignore for MONTHS, and do not read any posts of theirs, unless some copied them. Like now. I am not even talking to or replying to this person, Axeslinger,  EVER.  HOW CRAZY IS THAT?  If YOU feel convicted somehow, that is NOT ON ME. However YOUR POST, addressing me is, PERSONAL NAME CALLING and uncalled for.  Why are volunteering to be one of the LOW I.Q. people?  Point made. Nasty, nasty.  Must be true or else you would not post about me. Everything I say is true. I have earned the wisdom of age.  Now you will start bashing me for THAT.  YOU TALK LIKE THIS TO YOUR GRANDMA?

-------------------------
Quote from: Axeslinger on Today at 05:48:35 PM

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2018, 04:48:42 am »

THANK YOU!  I love clear minded people on here.  RARE...from what I see.   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That's because you have most of us on ignore. 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2018, 04:49:03 am »
Bullshit @Hoodat  I responded to a post blaming the President for not keeping the Republican caucus together.  I explained why this was impossible.  And I don't give a furry rat's ass if you don't like the truth.

Agree.  It will be, sad, sad, day when TRUMPS,  8 year term is up.  He still has accomplished more in 2 years, than other presidents in their 8 year terms.  ANY OF THEM.  What is not to love?  In spite of all the senseless opposition, he still is the greatest yet!  PAUL RYAN?  PAID BY SOROS, same with McCain, Jeb Bush, Kasich, more,  etc. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2018, 01:15:50 pm »

Murkowski and Collins were reliable "no" votes who delighted in being the outliers and morally superior; and Flake--another one who removed himself from vooter outrage---stayed up nights too excited to sleep knowing he was going to stop the President.  It didn't matter that he was also stopping his pro-America agenda, he was stopping the man.

...hmmm.... I wonder what part of 'failed leadership' in both Houses you're not comprehending??  Sorry @Right_in_Virginia but I find it laughable that you got your panties in a bunch because I dared to lay some blame on the President.

Last time I checked, Trump called in the media circus knowing full well that Chuckie and Nancy weren't going to budge.  Why would they?  ALL knew that the new Congress would be sworn in, in just a few short days.  So .... why would they budge knowing that the House bill was DOA in the current Senate and new DEM House? 

If you want to continue to allow the politicians and our president to play the blame game go for it.  He can blame the DEMS all he wants, but at the end of the day, what difference does it make? Why didn't Trump play this hand last year and stay strong? The only people it matters to is the GOP voting base.  The DEMS are happy that their leadership has stood strong ...NO wall. Their voting base is happy.  They won this one.  The American people and especially Trump supporters lost BIGLY on this one. Most realized that the Senate was never going to budge.  The narcissistic side of Trump took over and he failed. 

Meanwhile we have Kelly even disputing that Trump's intent is not to build a concrete "WALL" but rather steel slats that can be seen through!  Last time I heard, Trump proclaimed he was going to build a wall similar to the one in Israel ... so the contradictions and back pedaling from Trump continues ... one thing I don't like about the man.  What he says and what he does are often two different things.

Yes, I give him credit when credit is due, but I'll be darned if I give him a free pass, especially on the very issue he campaigned on; the WALL!!!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2018, 01:22:36 pm »

Agree.  It will be, sad, sad, day when TRUMPS,  8 year term is up.  He still has accomplished more in 2 years, than other presidents in their 8 year terms.  ANY OF THEM.  What is not to love?  In spite of all the senseless opposition, he still is the greatest yet!  PAUL RYAN?  PAID BY SOROS, same with McCain, Jeb Bush, Kasich, more,  etc.

No one is patting the RINO's on the back here; especially, McCain, Jeb or Kasich.  They are RINO's.  Trump has done some good for this country and he has tried to turn America around and put her on a positive path.  I am not denying that.

His willingness several months ago to hand the DEMS amnesty for DACA IS unacceptable and he has FAILED to deliver on the WALL, the very issue that handed him the presidency.  IF he was so intent on the wall, that should have been priority since day one and not waiting till the eleventh hour when he knew a bill would never pass the Senate and would be DOA in the next Congress and call in the media to make it a circus for all to view.

IF the wall gets built and we have no asylum, no DACA and no amnesty (all part of his campaign promise) then I will be the very first one to praise this President as the best ever.  Until then, I refuse to give him a free pass. The sovereignty of our country IS at stake.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 01:23:46 pm by libertybele »