Author Topic: Trump: I'm still waiting for Democrats to make a deal to end shutdown  (Read 27289 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Dave Boyer - The Washington Times - Saturday, December 29, 2018

President Trump said Saturday he is “waiting for the Democrats” to make a deal with him that would end the eight-day-old government shutdown and fund his border wall.

“I am in the White House waiting for the Democrats to come on over and make a deal on Border Security,” Mr. Trump tweeted. “From what I hear, they are spending so much time on Presidential Harassment that they have little time left for things like stopping crime and our military!”

The president met with his chief shutdown negotiators Friday night. He had dinner with Vice President Mike Pence, acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney and presidential adviser Jared Kushner at the vice president’s residence at the Naval Observatory in Washington.

Democrats have not made a counteroffer to the administration’s proposal for border-wall funding on Dec. 22. Most lawmakers are out of town for the holidays.

Democrats will take over the House majority on Thursday, when they’re expected to propose legislation that would end the partial government shutdown without funding the border wall.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/dec/29/donald-trump-says-hes-still-waiting-democrats-make/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Trump: I'm still waiting for Democrats to make a deal to end shutdown
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 10:19:01 pm »
We shouldn't be playing lets make a deal.  Steady as you go.  If you want to play lets make a deal up the ante.  Go bigger and get it done!
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 10:34:15 pm »
After all, It's worked Great for the DealMaker in his first 2 years.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 10:38:15 pm »
After all, It's worked Great for the DealMaker in his first 2 years.

His past decisions/foibles/whatever notwithstanding...I give him credit for standing tough on this.  And I hope he has the stomach to see it through.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 11:11:45 pm »
If he is negotiating down then he doesn't.  Its just like the image.   Enough money for a go around fence here and there.

I wonder if you could explain Trumps tweets about Mexico is paying for wall.  How does the trade deal have anything to do with border wall if the money saved by better trade isn't designated for wall?

« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 11:13:07 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 01:04:36 am »
If he is negotiating down then he doesn't.  Its just like the image.   Enough money for a go around fence here and there.

I wonder if you could explain Trumps tweets about Mexico is paying for wall.  How does the trade deal have anything to do with border wall if the money saved by better trade isn't designated for wall?

I honestly believe those tweets were before Trump actually became aware of the functionality of the three branches of government.

I don't think the trade deal had anything to do with the wall, though I haven't read what the agreement actually states.  All that we've been told is that the deal was to arrange for fair trade between the countries rather than free trade benefiting one country over the other.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2018, 01:42:59 am »
corbe wrote:
"After all, It's worked Great for the DealMaker in his first 2 years."

What nonsense.

The Republican CONGRESS had two years to get something done.
What did they accomplish?

(Hmmmm.... I think they may have indeed "accomplished" their intended goal:
To get themselves back into the minority again!)

Online libertybele

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2018, 01:49:59 am »
corbe wrote:

What nonsense.

As I stated in another post, this is nothing but a Trump/GOP horse and pony show!  Trump will be a one term president. We will see a DEM seated in the oval office in 2020...bye-bye GOP.

Was this the game from the very beginning?  Trump and all the liberals and RINO's ensuring that a conservative didn't win the oval office?  Quite possibly indeed.  That was my first thought when Trump was running.  Though I can't discount some of the good he has done.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2018, 01:50:18 am »
I honestly believe those tweets were before Trump actually became aware of the functionality of the three branches of government.

I don't think the trade deal had anything to do with the wall, though I haven't read what the agreement actually states.  All that we've been told is that the deal was to arrange for fair trade between the countries rather than free trade benefiting one country over the other.

No, he is making those statements this month.  I don't see how he can say that.  The money isn't going toward the wall.  Furthermore, and you know this, he promised something like 10 billion to Mexico and Central America to "create jobs" or some baloney that would keep people in their own countries.  Pure baloney.  Two times what he is asking for border wall.  Now he wants to negotiate down.  What he wants isn't even enough.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/trump-insists-mexico-is-paying-for-the-border-wall

Online corbe

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2018, 02:01:15 am »
    Last week his Administration announced they were sending $B's to Mexico and Central America.  Yesterday he says he's "thinking" of withholding already approved funds to said Countries.  It's becoming hard to keep up with the day to day rhetoric.
   Kinda like the Chinese telecom companies spying on everything, one week he advocates for them, the next he's cursing them. 
   I am becoming more disillusioned by the day with this Administration (if that is even possible), realizing he is my ONLY Hope right now is becoming increasingly depressing with each passing week.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2018, 02:04:19 am »
No, he is making those statements this month.  I don't see how he can say that.  The money isn't going toward the wall.  Furthermore, and you know this, he promised something like 10 billion to Mexico and Central America to "create jobs" or some baloney that would keep people in their own countries.  Pure baloney.  Two times what he is asking for border wall.  Now he wants to negotiate down.  What he wants isn't even enough.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/defense-national-security/trump-insists-mexico-is-paying-for-the-border-wall

@Chosen Daughter since the gov't is shutdown and the House bill is basically dead once the new Congress is sworn in, in just a couple of days, then all of this is nothing but pure b.s.  The DEMS aren't going to budge.  Why would they?  The new House will have a DEM majority and they aren't going to give Trump the $$ that he needs in the budget. 

Oh ... the games that our politicians play! 

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2018, 02:14:04 am »
    Last week his Administration announced they were sending $B's to Mexico and Central America.  Yesterday he says he's "thinking" of withholding already approved funds to said Countries.  It's becoming hard to keep up with the day to day rhetoric.
   Kinda like the Chinese telecom companies spying on everything, one week he advocates for them, the next he's cursing them. 
   I am becoming more disillusioned by the day with this Administration (if that is even possible), realizing he is my ONLY Hope right now is becoming increasingly depressing with each passing week.

Yeah, I don't think you could call it art of deal, but art of deception works.  Nobody knows day to day what is, or what isn't.

Online corbe

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2018, 02:14:59 am »
   It's not lost on this NT'er that Ryan/McConnell failed Trump tremendously, go figure (it is his party, so he has to partially take the blame) but you would've thought the best damn DealMaker since the GodFather could have delivered something other than this nothing? 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2018, 02:15:48 am »
Why would anyone want a DEMON-RAT  for president?  Low I.Q. thinking.  More accomplished by president in 18 months, than any prior president. in 8 years!  It will take a bit of time for business's to come BACK to America. Demon-rats have made sure, they ALL LEFT.  How can any SANE PERSON, want anyone else in 2020?  It boggles the mind. Yes, US-MCA. New trade deal. It was always the intent of tariffs paying for the wall, that some think a HAND WRITTEN CHECK would be presented by mexico for the wall is LUNACY at its height!  A check, that says FOR THE WALL.  lol 

www.magapill.com

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2018, 02:16:30 am »
@Chosen Daughter since the gov't is shutdown and the House bill is basically dead once the new Congress is sworn in, in just a couple of days, then all of this is nothing but pure b.s.  The DEMS aren't going to budge.  Why would they?  The new House will have a DEM majority and they aren't going to give Trump the $$ that he needs in the budget. 

Oh ... the games that our politicians play!

And I hope you are considering Trump a politician also.  Funny I saw a clip not too long ago of a rally where Trump said they were calling him a politician.  When wasn't he one?  The only art of the deal he knew how to make was ones that would benefit him.  Why did he wait till the last hour?  Seems simple, it was too late.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2018, 02:20:03 am »
Why would anyone want a DEMON-RAT  for president?  Low I.Q. thinking.  More accomplished by president in 18 months, than any prior president. in 8 years!  It will take a bit of time for business's to come BACK to America. Demon-rats have made sure, they ALL LEFT.  How can any SANE PERSON, want anyone else in 2020?  It boggles the mind. Yes, US-MCA. New trade deal. It was always the intent of tariffs paying for the wall, that some think a HAND WRITTEN CHECK would be presented by mexico for the wall is LUNACY at its height!  A check, that says FOR THE WALL.  lol 

www.magapill.com

How exactly would he get the money?

Online corbe

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2018, 02:22:42 am »

www.magapill.com

I think more than a few here think we have a Low-IQ President now masquerading as a Conservative Republican POTUS @LegalAmerican /JS

Happy New Year, I think I mean that.

Online libertybele

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2018, 02:26:43 am »

www.magapill.com

This really has nothing to do with the accomplishments of this president and everything to do with DEM control and seeking power. At the rate the illegals are pouring over our borders, soon, by sheer numbers it will be impossible for the GOP to obtain enough votes to win a seat in Congress or the WH.  That's been the game plan for quite awhile.  Those that vote DEM are dependent on the 'system', they are used to 'free' and not having to work.  Those coming across the border receive 'perks' and will vote accordingly.  Yes, illegals vote.  Yes, when the DEMS get the majority in both Houses and take the WH, you will see amnesty and it will become mathematically impossible for the GOP to win future seats. LBJ's Great Society was to ensure the DEM vote.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2018, 02:29:12 am »
corbe wrote:

What nonsense.

And the whole time trump tweeted nasty things about them. I’m sure name calling those whom you need to make a deal is an entire chapter in The Art of the Deal.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2018, 02:32:04 am »

www.magapill.com

Nobody here wants a Dem pres, which is why most of us voted for conservative options. Trump and his Pecker loving cult got us this. Also, I love how your now deflecting Trump’s claim about Mexico paying for the wall.  :silly:
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2018, 02:38:18 am »
This really has nothing to do with the accomplishments of this president and everything to do with DEM control and seeking power. At the rate the illegals are pouring over our borders, soon, by sheer numbers it will be impossible for the GOP to obtain enough votes to win a seat in Congress or the WH.  That's been the game plan for quite awhile.  Those that vote DEM are dependent on the 'system', they are used to 'free' and not having to work.  Those coming across the border receive 'perks' and will vote accordingly.  Yes, illegals vote.  Yes, when the DEMS get the majority in both Houses and take the WH, you will see amnesty and it will become mathematically impossible for the GOP to win future seats. LBJ's Great Society was to ensure the DEM vote.

Yes his accomplishments ARE relevant. Are you kidding?   We know, everything you posted, for years now.  My president is trying to stop that. You seem, set, to GIVE IN.  No fight, just be negative, give America away.  It is NOT about GOP.

IT IS ABOUT SAVING OUR COUNTRY!  OUR WAY OF LIFE. OUR CONSTITUTION.  MY president is a CENTRIST anyway. 

Always has been.  I would think the LEFT/DEMOCRATS would like that.  We are near civil war. 

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2018, 02:42:34 am »

Yes his accomplishments ARE relevant. Are you kidding?   We know, everything you posted, for years now.  My president is trying to stop that. You seem, set, to GIVE IN.  No fight, just be negative, give America away.  It is NOT about GOP.

IT IS ABOUT SAVING OUR COUNTRY!  OUR WAY OF LIFE. OUR CONSTITUTION.  MY president is a CENTRIST anyway. 

Always has been.  I would think the LEFT/DEMOCRATS would like that.  We are near civil war.

Not even close, and I bet you’ve never fired a weapon. Go home LA, you’re drunk.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online corbe

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2018, 02:43:44 am »
 888mouth

Online libertybele

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2018, 03:05:42 am »

Hello... It's been about saving this country for quite some time...that's nothing new...some of us have been working towards that goal for quite some time.  Some of us tried  to enlighten others about the overwhelming cost of illegal immigration on our society, by actually going out and speaking among people at different groups and attending various rallies and clubs, prayer vigils, etc., and trying to get others on board. We were met with ridicule, violence, disbelief, apathy and considered racists among other things. The reality is this problem should have been nipped in the bud then instead of over a decade later when the problem is out of control and yes, nearing some type of civil uprising.

I'm not being negative, rather I'm giving a dose of reality.  The liberal leftist believe the way of the DEM party and the illegals pouring over our borders have been told that all they have to do is come here and they will be given a free ride and all will vote accordingly.  As we have witnessed in the recent midterms, the integrity of our electoral process is questionable.  The DEMS will stop at nothing to ensure control even if it means promoting violence among their voting base and paying mobs in caravans to make their way into our country.  It's all about ensuring that they have the majority votes eventually giving them a one party system and eventual global dominance.

The second dose of reality is that WE the people have allowed our politicians to play the blame game and have not held them responsible nor accountable and the result is what we are experiencing today.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2018, 10:48:35 pm »

www.magapill.com

(All apologies to @mystery-ak ...really, truly...my apologies but I just can’t help myself on this one.)

But @LegalAmerican , I really just can’t take any more of your nonsensical, kool aid drinking bullshit where in almost every post you tell us that we have “Low IQ thinking” or some other derogatory, condescending remark implying that you are far brighter than us just because you’d like to have trumps love child.   So please allow me the opportunity to be the first to say go take a flying f’ing leap and GFY.   When you get two brain cells that actually talk to one another, come back and see us.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 10:49:49 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson