Author Topic: Descendant of Wounded Knee Massacre commander apologizes  (Read 902 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Descendant of Wounded Knee Massacre commander apologizes
« on: December 29, 2018, 05:45:26 pm »
Descendant of Wounded Knee Massacre commander apologizes
SETH TUPPER Sioux City (Iowa) Journal Dec 5, 2018

RAPID CITY, S.D. — A descendant of the commander of the Wounded Knee massacre apologized and participated in a healing ceremony recently on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation.

Brad Upton, 66, a professional musician and music educator from Longmont, Colorado, is a great-great-grandson of the late James Forsyth. On Dec. 29, 1890, Forsyth commanded the U.S. Army troops that killed approximately 200 Lakota Sioux, including men, women and children, near Wounded Knee Creek.

Upton said he has been aware of his family’s connection to the event since his teenage years, when a relative shared images of Native American corpses that were photographed soon after the massacre.

Read more at:   https://journalstar.com/news/state-and-regional/nebraska/descendant-of-wounded-knee-massacre-commander-apologizes/article_07123f9e-605a-5428-9721-6763a25c46f6.html

Occurred on this day in 1890.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Descendant of Wounded Knee Massacre commander apologizes
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 06:40:38 pm »
I'm still waiting for apologies, from the natives who murdered two (2) of my great-grandfathers, and other relatives with them. Both brazen, unprovoked. Both well documented.

Maine 1706. Indiana 1812.

I read dozens of books, about the Plains Indian Wars. Awful, but much blame on both sides.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 06:53:57 pm »
That's great and all, but I don't think an apology for something someone else did is worth much.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 07:26:18 pm »
Pious and sanctimonious malarkey by some neurotic in need of attention!!!!