Author Topic: TV chef in hot water after ‘horsesh-t’ Chinese food diss  (Read 1075 times)

Offline mountaineer

TV chef in hot water after ‘horsesh-t’ Chinese food diss
By Emily Smith
December 28, 2018 | 8:38pm
New York Post
“Bizarre Foods” host Andrew Zimmern has been axed from prime time on the Travel Channel amid the controversy over his assertion that Chinese food in the Midwest is being served in “horses - - t restaurants.”

The celebrity chef’s “Bizarre Foods” juggernaut franchise and sister show, “The Zimmern List,” have been bumped by network owner Discovery, Inc. into a graveyard rotation slot on Saturday mornings to run their course, Page Six has confirmed.

Filming has stopped on both shows midseason, sources tell us, and is not expected to continue further.

The move comes after the James Beard Award-winning chef offended the Asian-American community in comments to promote his Midwestern Chinese restaurant chain by saying: “I think I’m saving the souls of all the people from having to dine at these horses - - t restaurants masquerading as Chinese food that are in the Midwest.” ... Full story
Oh, the humanity! He dared point out that what passes for Chinese food in parts of America isn't very authentic. Of course, now he's apologized to anyone who was offended.

Leave it to this WashPoo contributor to miss the point. In my opinion, he was honoring authentic Chinese cooking. Seems to me he was talking about "chop suey" stripmall places that serve something else:
Andrew Zimmern missed an opportunity — to honor, rather than insult, Chinese cooks
By Ruth Tam
November 23

... Chinese American food may have originated in the nation’s coastal cities, where immigrants first opened shop, but I’d argue that this cuisine’s ability to thrive in the Midwest with fewer Asian patrons cemented its lasting role in this country. These “horses---” restaurants may not clear Zimmern’s bar for authenticity, but despite adversity, they created a time-tested model for immigrant food and helped make Chinese food not only ubiquitous, but part of American identity.  ... More
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: TV chef in hot water after ‘horsesh-t’ Chinese food diss
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 03:28:24 pm »
TV chef in hot water after ‘horsesh-t’ Chinese food diss

Another example of where PC trumps the Truth.  For places that document and publish restaurant health standards ratings.......

Guess which restaurants are consistently at the bottom.

No biggie for the Travel Channel I guess, .....  Just add another fake paranormal show.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 03:41:00 pm »
I’ve seen him on tv. Very likable, very knowledgeable and he will eat anything. Seriously.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 03:44:54 pm »
Another example of where PC trumps the Truth.  For places that document and publish restaurant health standards ratings.......

Guess which restaurants are consistently at the bottom.

No biggie for the Travel Channel I guess, .....  Just add another fake paranormal show.

:thumbsup:  Sad but oh so true!  Cultural Marxism at it's finest!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 03:53:52 pm »
.....  Just add another fake paranormal show.
For which they'll gently pay off the Nielsens to make it look like a hit, just to say how stupid the American people are for supposedly watching this garbage that no one really watches.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 03:55:16 pm »

When I think of 'Chinese' food, there is nothing like a food-court Panda Express.
It's like being in Hong Kong all over again.
Of course the guy was right. But in our hyper-sensitive culture today, truth is subversive. Anyone who dares speak the truth is executed immediately.
See the source image
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2018, 02:59:59 am »
I’ve seen him on tv. Very likable, very knowledgeable and he will eat anything. Seriously.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.