Author Topic: Trump signs legislation to boost quantum computing research with $1.2 billion  (Read 2106 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
https://www.geekwire.com/2018/trump-signs-legislation-back-quantum-computing-research-1-2-billion/

President Donald Trump on Friday signed legislation ramping up quantum computing research and development.

The National Quantum Initiative Act (H.R. 6227) authorizes $1.2 billion over five years for federal activities aimed at boosting investment in quantum information science, or QIS, and supporting a quantum-smart workforce.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Oceander

Gonna need a lot more H-1bs for that project.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Gonna need a lot more H-1bs for that project.
Are you serious with that statement?

You believe we the US is spending that money solely on the research or perhaps to also deploy our own citizens to participate in that research?

Why would we wish to do that with foreigners anyway as the article says China and EU are already committing their own resources on similar projects?

I surmise one reason this was implemented was due to undue reliance on foreign interests in the technology world and usage of foreigners would be counterproductive to the security of the project itself.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Oceander

Are you serious with that statement?

You believe we the US is spending that money solely on the research or perhaps to also deploy our own citizens to participate in that research?

Why would we wish to do that with foreigners anyway as the article says China and EU are already committing their own resources on similar projects?

I surmise one reason this was implemented was due to undue reliance on foreign interests in the technology world and usage of foreigners would be counterproductive to the security of the project itself.

Yeah, your average out of work American can pronounce, let alone understand, the concepts involved. 

Gonna need a lot more H-1bs. 

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Yeah, your average out of work American can pronounce, let alone understand, the concepts involved. 

Gonna need a lot more H-1bs.

Nice to see the confidence level a non-technical type like you gives for us technical folks.

I categorically reject your premises that we are incapable as a country to incubate our own in this project.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Why, so some Chinese spy can steal the information after it is found and fly back to China to sell it for a few milliion and retire training other kids to do the same thing.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....