Author Topic: Russian cosmonaut confirms hole in the International Space Station was drilled from INSIDE  (Read 1678 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Daily Mail 12/28/2018

Russian cosmonaut confirms mysterious hole in the International Space Station was drilled from INSIDE - but investigators still don't know how it got there

Cosmonaut Sergey Prokopyev spoke about the hole in Soyuz capsule this week
    Prokopyev and crewmember investigated it during spacewalk on Dec. 12
    The cosmonaut says it was drilled from inside capsule, but wasn't made by crew
    Russian law enforcement is now investigating samples brought back from ISS

A Russian cosmonaut who explored a mysterious hole in a capsule docked to the International Space Station has revealed that the opening was drilled from inside the spacecraft.

It's been four months since crew first discovered the hole in the Russian Soyuz spacecraft attached to the orbiting lab, but just how it got there remains a mystery.

On Monday, Sergey Prokopyev said Russian law enforcement agencies are now examining samples he and crewmate Oleg Kononenko collected during a Dec. 12 spacewalk in effort to find out what caused it.

Prokopyev and two other astronauts returned to Earth last week from a 197-day space station mission.

The hole in the Russian Soyuz spacecraft attached to the station was spotted on Aug. 30.

Just days prior to their return to Earth, the cosmonauts endured a grueling spacewalk that lasted almost eight hours to investigate the hole, using knives and shears to carve into the side of the ISS.   

The crew discovered a leak that was creating a slight loss of pressure and plugged the hole with epoxy and gauze.

Prokopyev said at a news conference the cavity started from the capsule's interior and 'it's up to the investigative organs to judge when that hole was made.'

The astronauts' quick identification and repair of the hole demonstrated 'the crew was ready for any developments,' he said.

The hole didn't pose a danger to Prokopyev and crewmates Serena Aunon-Chancellor of NASA and Alexander Gerst of the European Space Agency during their return because the section of the capsule it appeared on was jettisoned before the fiery re-entry into Earth's atmosphere.

More: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6530471/Russia-says-mysterious-hole-International-Space-Station-drilled-INSIDE.html

Offline rustynail

Any muslims up there?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I think they must have some good toothpaste in Russia. The hole was probably drilled by mistake during construction and filled with toothpaste.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline corbe

I have my suspicions.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
    I have my suspicions.

A failed mission by mister completely?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline thackney

@Amb. Frank Cannon

I suspect our ambassador knows the best way to fix this leak.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Weird that it was done at all. But even weirder that it was done in such a way as to be annoying without being life threatening. It really makes no sense. Who ever did it didn't even try to conceal the hole. Really bizarre.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

I liked Robbie the Robot on Twilight Zone and Columbo!

@The Ghost 👻
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It's nice to know all the stupid idiots in the world of construction aren't limited to the people installing my flooring.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: