Author Topic: Trump Decided to Withdraw From Syria After Leaving His National Security Team Speechless  (Read 912 times)

rangerrebew

Trump Decided to Withdraw From Syria After Leaving His National Security Team Speechless

2018-12-22 Source: AAN by: AAN Staff

Trump Decided to Withdraw From Syria After Leaving His National Security Team Speechless

The president agreed to the withdrawal during a December 14 phone call with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, two officials told NBC News, but the original purpose of the call had been “for Trump to tell Erdogan to back off” threats to attack American supported Kurdish rebels, NBC reported.

But Trump went off-script during the call and agreed with Erdogan, particularly when the Turkish president asked Trump, “Why are you still there?” when the Islamic State had been 99 percent defeated. Erdogan reportedly told Trump that his country could handle what was left.

Read more at http://americanactionnews.com/articles/trump-decided-to-withdraw-from-syria-after-leaving-his-national-security-team-speechless#tAf0xt7s90qtRKFg.99

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
I like when my president isn't a scripted puppet.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates