Poll

Yes or no; opposing a border wall makes you an enemy of the American people

YES
22 (62.9%)
NO
13 (37.1%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: January 24, 2019, 08:51:04 am

Author Topic: Yes or no; opposing a border wall makes you an enemy of the American people  (Read 15458 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: Yes or no; opposing a border wall makes you an enemy of the American people
« Reply #75 on: December 26, 2018, 07:30:45 pm »
Now they've gone and blemished them so much with bacteria that no one can eat a damn salad anymore!  How does that factor into the Equation??

Grow your own.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #76 on: December 26, 2018, 07:34:06 pm »
Grow your own.

I served time for that many years ago....  no thanks.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #77 on: December 26, 2018, 07:35:46 pm »
I served time for that many years ago....  no thanks.

That was probably a different kind of lettuce.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #79 on: December 26, 2018, 07:37:27 pm »
That was probably a different kind of lettuce.

He probably left a vapor trail.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #80 on: December 26, 2018, 07:39:42 pm »
He probably left a vapor trail.

Prolly shoulda left a chemtrail... Everybody would turn a blind eye...

Speaking of a blind eye, howzyerface? Got Pirate?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #81 on: December 26, 2018, 07:43:47 pm »
Prolly shoulda left a chemtrail... Everybody would turn a blind eye...

Speaking of a blind eye, howzyerface? Got Pirate?

Monday was good. Today it is blurry. Scheduling another appt with the IDOC. I mean, eye doc. Along with Sir @EdJames, I need no further appts with the dept of corrections...

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #82 on: December 26, 2018, 07:48:55 pm »
Monday was good. Today it is blurry. Scheduling another appt with the IDOC. I mean, eye doc. Along with Sir @EdJames, I need no further appts with the dept of corrections...

I didn't mind the appts so much, it was the unscheduled visits that torqued me off.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #83 on: December 26, 2018, 07:50:05 pm »
Monday was good. Today it is blurry.

Did you forget to take the tape off?

I need no further appts with the dept of corrections...

There but for the grace of God go I...

Though I am a quick study... A few times though County and I decided on a different direction.
 :seeya:

« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 07:52:48 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline jpsb

« Reply #84 on: December 26, 2018, 07:57:04 pm »
No, Conservatives are anti-illegal alien... And generally pro-immigration.

:thumbsup:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #85 on: December 26, 2018, 08:53:56 pm »
Right. 

Wrong on both counts.  Even the anti-immigrant “studies” have been forced to conclude that illegals do, in fact, end up paying taxes.  That’s a contribution, right there.  So is the fact that they typically do jobs that most “Real Murcans” wouldn’t do for twice the wage.  That’s another contribution.

Since there don't appear to be any "real" statistics, I'm not certain that can be proved that most illegals pay taxes.  But please, lay the data on me if you've got it.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2018, 02:48:31 pm »
Not if it simply pushes more people into entering on visitors visas that they then overstay.  Then it makes the problem worse.

Not everybody will do that though. Yes, some will find other means of entering, but not to the extent that there would be no impact on the amount of illegals coming in. A wall would mitigate the flow of illegal immigrants. It's impossible to know to what extent it would mitigate the flow, but to some extent it absolutely would.

Locking your door doesn't guarantee a thief won't enter your home, but most people do it anyway. Why do you think that is?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 02:52:24 pm by Dexter »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline aligncare

« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2018, 03:04:29 pm »
Not everybody will do that though. Yes, some will find other means of entering, but not to the extent that there would be no impact on the amount of illegals coming in. A wall would mitigate the flow of illegal immigrants. It's impossible to know to what extent it would mitigate the flow, but to some extent it absolutely would.

Locking your door doesn't guarantee a thief won't enter your home, but most people do it anyway. Why do you think that is?

Poor form there @Dexter   You should use the politically correct official media-sanctioned term, migrant.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2018, 03:06:56 pm »
But y’all know to a penny that illegal aliens cost more than they contribute.

Pfft.  Liberals have their global warming cult; conservatives apparently have an anti-immigrant cult. 

And 42% is nothing to sneeze at.  It means, for one thing, that overstaying a visa is relatively easy, which means in turn that to the extent the Holy Border Wall has an effect, it will principally show up as more visa overstays.

42% is a lot fewer than "most". Why is it that 90% of the times you use Democrat talking points?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 03:11:40 pm by jpsb »

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2018, 03:52:57 pm »
A nation is defined by borders. If you are against the wall you are de facto against our nation. Yes, there are those that overstay on visas but the drug and human trafficking would be much less with an enforced border.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Oceander

« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2018, 04:23:13 pm »
A nation is defined by borders. If you are against the wall you are de facto against our nation. Yes, there are those that overstay on visas but the drug and human trafficking would be much less with an enforced border.

Bullshit.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2018, 04:31:30 pm »
Bullshit.

Got anything to back your bullshit up with, or is that just a fervent desire on your part?

Oceander

« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2018, 04:39:39 pm »
Got anything to back your bullshit up with, or is that just a fervent desire on your part?

“Bullshit” is all that comment deserves, as should be self-evident. 

There is no wall along the US-Canada border, and no plans to build one.  Does that mean that neither country is well-defined?  Do both countries lack sovereignty because there is no wall along that border?

Is it impossible to distinguish between Canada as a nation and the US as a nation because there is no wall between them?

Merely stating the conclusions that stupid comment necessarily entails should be more than sufficient to demonstrate what pure unadulterated bullshit that statement is.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2018, 04:50:34 pm »

There is no wall along the US-Canada border, and no plans to build one.  Does that mean that neither country is well-defined?  Do both countries lack sovereignty because there is no wall along that border?

Is it impossible to distinguish between Canada as a nation and the US as a nation because there is no wall between them?

Merely stating the conclusions that stupid comment necessarily entails should be more than sufficient to demonstrate what pure unadulterated bullshit that statement is.

First of all, @austingirl said "borders" which you transformed into "wall" for the apparent purpose of ridiculing her comment.  The border between Canada and the U.S. does indeed exist and is generally respected by those on both sides of the border.  It exists as an actual border.

The border between Mexico and the U.S. is not respected, and is a conduit for drugs, human trafficking and illegal alien entries.  In order for it to be a proper border, it does need a wall, or fence, or whatever.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #94 on: December 29, 2018, 04:52:31 pm »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2018, 09:38:55 pm »
We need a physical barrier.  Illegal immigration is out of control and is bankrupting this country. To oppose a wall to secure our borders indeed makes one an enemy of the U.S. and is also a threat to our nation's sovereignty.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2018, 10:35:43 pm »
Heck no.

I have to cut some slack to members of my family who oppose the wall, but whom I love dearly. They are old school democrats and they don’t hate America. Sorry if that discombobulates anyone.

Besides, in the near future innovations in technology will probably eliminate the need for walls at the border. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

I would say that being a sub rosa enemy of America is what makes some folks oppose the wall, rather than the other way around.  (Some folks, but not all.)  And there are far too many Americans who hate our Constitutional Republic--which is the underlying reason why they loathe consistent Republicans.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #97 on: December 29, 2018, 10:48:06 pm »
The people of Canada are, for the most part, educated.

The vast majority coming from the south are uneducated savages fresh out of the jungle. An actual wall down south is something they would get. Deservedly.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #98 on: December 29, 2018, 11:48:55 pm »
We need a physical barrier.  Illegal immigration is out of control and is bankrupting this country. To oppose a wall to secure our borders indeed makes one an enemy of the U.S. and is also a threat to our nation's sovereignty.

:thumbsup:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2018, 02:17:38 am »
@Oceander stop calling other member's posts bullshit please...they are entitled to their opinion.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34