Author Topic: Attorney: Female LAPD Commander Found Drunk, Sleeping In Patrol Car ‘Treated Differently’  (Read 1075 times)

Online mountaineer

Attorney: Female LAPD Commander Found Drunk, Sleeping In Patrol Car ‘Treated Differently’
KCAL
December 18, 2018 at 10:40 pm

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) — An attorney for a Los Angeles Police Department commander arrested for public intoxication and relieved of duty five months ago says the decision to fire her was sexist.

Tuesday night, LAPD board members ruled Commander Nicole Mehringer should lose her job for an incident that cost the department a whole lot of embarrassment.

Mehringer,  a 22-year veteran, was busted along with a sergeant who was accused of being falling down drunk.

But Mehringer’s attorney Brad Gage says the decision was “obviously disappointing” and fueled by sexism.

“I believe that my client is being treated differently than the male employees. I believe there is evidence that male employees have been charged with greater allegations and not even been disciplined at all,” said Gage. ...
:thud:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The same unions that protect government employees, are also among the largest contributors, to political campaigns.

She probably has a masters degree, two decades of service, and yet isn't wise enough to rent a room for a couple of hours.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.