Author Topic: LeBron James Compares NFL Owners To Slave Masters  (Read 2281 times)

Offline mountaineer

LeBron James Compares NFL Owners To Slave Masters
« on: December 22, 2018, 07:48:38 pm »
Posted on December 22, 2018 by Clay Travis - OKTC
Last night LeBron James compared NFL owners to slavemasters, further cementing his status as the dumbest man in athletics who has ever been taken seriously as smart by woke sports media obsessed with pretending a man with a high school education who has never made an intelligent statement unrelated to basketball is somehow the Albert Einstein of our era.

What’s most remarkable about the commentary is that it occurred on a taped television show airing on HBO meaning LeBron and his posse viewed this footage and considered it to be worthy of airing on television. Again, this wasn’t an offhanded comment uttered in jest in a locker room after a game, it was taped footage that was chosen out of hours of commentary to be featured on a television show.

Here is exactly what was said:
“In the NFL they got a bunch of old white men owning teams, and they got that slave mentality. And it’s like, ‘This is my team. You do what the bleep I tell y’all to do or we get rid of y’all.’

“The players are who make the ship go. We make it go. Every Sunday, without Todd Gurley and without Odell Beckham, Jr. without those players, those guys, there is no football. And it’s the same in the NBA.”

... Furthermore, his statement doesn’t even make sense even if you ignore the stupidity of the slavery analogy: the NFL would be fine without Todd Gurley or Odell Beckham, Jr. The league would only suffer if about twenty of the top quarterbacks, most of whom happen to be white, suddenly left the sport and went on strike. Quarterback talent is truly rare and the league suffers when top quarterbacks aren’t in the game, but almost every other player at every other position really doesn’t matter that much.

(This also points out further the absurdity of LeBron’s analogy too. Are the white players slaves of white owners too or just the black players?)  ...
More at OutkickTheCoverage
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Re: LeBron James Compares NFL Owners To Slave Masters
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 07:49:49 pm »

Clay Travis    Verified account @ClayTravis
41m41 minutes ago
I'd also encourage you to monitor how the sports media covers LeBron's stupid slavemaster comments here. How many will actually rip him? Virtually no one. Incredibly illustrative of clear media bias. LeBron's "woke" so he gets a pass from left wingers.

Clay Travis  Verified account @ClayTravis
1h1 hour ago
If anyone in athletics is truly a slavemaster, it's @KingJames who allows his shoes to be made by Indonesian factory workers for .25 cents an hour & receives a billion dollars for it. Why not insist your shoes are made in America, LeBron?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 08:08:41 pm »
LeBron James blasts NFL, calls owners ‘old white men’ with ‘slave mentality’
By Kathleen Joyce | Fox News

LeBron James has ripped NFL owners as he praised NBA commissioner Adam Silver for listening to players in the league.

James made the comments on Friday night’s episode of HBO’s “The Shop” which is co-executive produced by the Los Angeles Lakers superstar. James was speaking with Maverick Carter, his business partner, rapper Ice Cube, late-night talk show host Jimmy Kimmel and NFL star Todd Gurley.

The topic of the national anthem protests came up, and Gurley said it was a “touchy subject” among players. He noted that the protests were not being discussed as much this season compared to last year.  ...

James said the NFL was attempting to exert control over its players

"In the NFL they got a bunch of old white men owning teams and they got that slave mentality," James said. "And it's like, 'This is my team. You do what the f--- I tell y'all to do. Or we get rid of y'all.’”

James praised Silver for allowing players in the NBA to express their opinions.  ... FOX News

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 08:10:05 pm »
   We've obviously come a long way since 1865 cause we now pay the slaves $38M/yr with another $45M/yr in endorsements. 

That ain't just Cream of Wheat $hit.

*Just shut up and dribble.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 08:11:01 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 08:10:58 pm »
I’d facepalm this one, but that would still be wholly inadequate. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2018, 08:42:47 pm »
Those "old white men" these days, be payin' their NFL and NBS "slaves" very nicely.

A portion of that pay, is to play hard, cash the checks, enjoy a privileged lifestyle, and keeps yo mouf shut, if you can't say anything intelligent.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2018, 09:33:15 pm »
I'd suspected it, but now it's been confirmed: LeBron is not very smart.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2018, 10:14:25 pm »
The league would only suffer if about twenty of the top quarterbacks, most of whom happen to be white, suddenly left the sport and went on strike. Quarterback talent is truly rare and the league suffers when top quarterbacks aren’t in the game, but almost every other player at every other position really doesn’t matter that much.
The league seems to be doing just fine without Kæpernick... if not better.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2018, 01:03:05 am »
I’d facepalm this one, but that would still be wholly inadequate.

:facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline corbe

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2018, 01:08:34 am »
   The San Antonio Slaves are about to play the Houston Slaves right now and I still hope Jefferson wins, screw Lincoln.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2018, 03:58:44 am »
There just ain't no hid-in pure genius,is there?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Absalom

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2018, 04:23:40 am »
An ignorant lout who bounces a ball for a living!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2018, 01:44:53 pm »
   The San Antonio Slaves are about to play the Houston Slaves right now and I still hope Jefferson wins, screw Lincoln.
I was watching football last night, San Diego/L.A. Slaves vs. Baltimore Slaves.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2018, 04:29:12 pm »
An ignorant lout who bounces a ball for a living!

@Abasalom

Do you have ANY doubt that if he were to retire from basketball and run for a congressional or US Senate seat that he would win?

Of course he would win,and there would be at LEAST 10 more Dims already holding office that would make him seem to be brilliant by comparison. The number would have been higher,but even the cretins in Mass got tired of electing Kennedy Klan members.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2018, 04:46:54 pm »
Lest anyone is surprised, Bronny also likes anti-Semitic rap lyrics:
LeBron James Posts Song Lyrics On Social Media About Getting ‘Jewish Money’
11:21 AM 12/23/2018 | Sports
David Hookstead | Reporter

LeBron James is facing criticism after posting some dicey song lyrics on Instagram.

The Los Angeles Lakers star posted the 21 Savage lyrics “We getting that Jewish money, Everything is Kosher.” Naturally, plenty of people were not impressed.  ...

Again, I’m sure there will be plenty of people who want to overreact and try to pin all different sorts of accusations about James’ character onto him. That’d be foolish. They’re song lyrics.

Are they the most appropriate song lyrics? No. Should he be smarter and more aware of the situation? Absolutely, but I’m not going to condemn a guy over an Instagram story about a 21 Savage song.

Having said that, he probably should take this down. It’s simply not worth all the trouble and explaining he’ll likely have to do.

Also, slowdown on the outrage if you’re thinking about firing it up. It’s an Instagram post. The world isn’t ending, and nobody’s life has been ruined. It was just a poor decision on the NBA star’s part.
Daily Caller

Offline Absalom

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2018, 06:36:13 pm »
@Abasalom

Do you have ANY doubt that if he were to retire from basketball and run for a congressional or US Senate seat that he would win?

Of course he would win,and there would be at LEAST 10 more Dims already holding office that would make him seem to be brilliant by comparison. The number would have been higher,but even the cretins in Mass got tired of electing Kennedy Klan members.
----------------------
Indeed, it's highly likely given how many romanticize stupidity.
If the likes of Jefferson and Madison suddenly emerged, our
political schmucks wouldn't understand a word they uttered.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2018, 07:30:40 pm »
Here is a guy who gets paid to dribble a ball.  He opens his stupid mouth and the interweb looses its mind.   WGAF?  I Mean seriously, Labia James thinks a Rhodes Scholar is someone who drawn maps.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2018, 09:14:29 pm »
Indeed, it's highly likely given how many romanticize stupidity.  If the likes of Jefferson and Madison suddenly emerged, our political schmucks wouldn't understand a word they uttered. 
Hardly anyone could understand them, sad to say.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2018, 09:22:08 pm »
Hardly anyone could understand them, sad to say.

That's because they spoke in Cursive.   :laugh:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline berdie

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2018, 12:13:01 am »
Here is a guy who gets paid to dribble a ball.  He opens his stupid mouth and the interweb looses its mind.   WGAF?  I Mean seriously, Labia James thinks a Rhodes Scholar is someone who drawn maps.

:thumbsup:

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2018, 05:41:17 am »
Posted on December 22, 2018 by Clay Travis - OKTC
... Furthermore, his statement doesn’t even make sense even if you ignore the stupidity of the slavery analogy: the NFL would be fine without Todd Gurley or Odell Beckham, Jr. The league would only suffer if about twenty of the top quarterbacks, most of whom happen to be white, suddenly left the sport and went on strike. Quarterback talent is truly rare and the league suffers when top quarterbacks aren’t in the game, but almost every other player at every other position really doesn’t matter that much.

(This also points out further the absurdity of LeBron’s analogy too. Are the white players slaves of white owners too or just the black players?)  ...More at OutkickTheCoverage
Before the fifties there were very few blacks on any professional sports teams. Many of the teams sold out with mostly all white players.
If all the black players in pro sports quit their teams, it would probably make very little difference in attendance.
People like Lebron James (whose wealth is now estimated at three quarters of a billion dollars from bouncing a basketball) believe they're bigger than they think they are in the grand scheme of things.
James once again demonstrates he has no sense of gratitude for living in a country that pays him many millions of dollars to play a sport.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2018, 05:23:52 pm »
Darren Rovell writes on Instagram:

darrenrovell
Yesterday, I saw that LeBron James posted this on Instagram. He was quoting lyrics from @21savage. “Getting that Jewish money” might be seen as a compliment, as in Jews disproportionate to their population (1.4% of the US), on average, have a significant place among the nation’s most wealthy individuals.

The issue is that “Jewish money” is actually a derogatory term that, throughout the history of the Jews, has led to hate. It contributed to hate by the Nazis and along with the long nose in cartoons, it contributed to a stereotype that Jews would do anything for money.

I spent all day yesterday battling people on Twitter about why the lyrics were not OK and why quoting the lyrics didn’t absolve LeBron from responsibility. As I expected, last night LeBron told @davemcten he was apologizing if he offended anyone. It was an uphill battle yesterday, but LeBron knows simply acknowledging a mistake goes a long way into helping people understand the other side of “the coin.”
LeBron is untouchable, though. If you criticize him for his anti-Semiticsm, you're just a racist.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2018, 06:25:59 pm »
"Sorry if you were offended."  That dipschitt.
I will NOT comply.