Author Topic: Harris County Deputy Rearends my Sister and Brother in Law. - Both in Hospital  (Read 3536 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Elderberry Prayers up for your Sister and Brother in Law. From the vehicle, it looks like someone was hauling ass.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
@Elderberry Prayers up for your Sister and Brother in Law. From the vehicle, it looks like someone was hauling ass.

It was Friday evening before Christmas. They were heading East on the S Beltway and took the 45S exit. All the traffic caused a stoppage that that deputy never saw.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It was Friday evening before Christmas. They were heading East on the S Beltway and took the 45S exit. All the traffic caused a stoppage that that deputy never saw.
Hard to miss all those brake lights--if you're paying attention to the road.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GrouchoTex

That spot usually slows down. Do you figure the cop just wasn't watching, paying attention?

Offline ConstitutionRose

We were waiting in the lobby of the main police headquarters to attend a class.  I read all if the "killed on the job" blurbs under pictures on the wall.  All of them were traffic accidents.  About 50/50 between chases and regular accidents.

I hope your family members are healing well.  The picture if their car is frightening. 
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.