Author Topic: Harris County Deputy Rearends my Sister and Brother in Law. - Both in Hospital  (Read 3537 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
KHOU-11 by Brett Buffington 12/21/2018

My sister was driving and never saw it coming. She couldn't understand why she was waking up in an ambulance. She broke her lower arm, dislocated her elbow, and receive some minor facial injuries. My brother in law ruptured his spleen. They removed it. Prognosis good. Still on ventilator.

The deputy was not injured.

I don't know about the occupant/s of the front car that my sister's car was thrown into.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local/2-injured-including-harris-county-deputy-in-3-car-crash/285-624529987

2 injured, including Harris County deputy, in 3-car crash
Crash investigators believe the deputy, driving a marked patrol car, rear-ended another car. In all, three vehicles were damaged in the wreck.

HARRIS COUNTY, Texas – Two people, including a Harris County Sheriff’s deputy, were taken to the hospital Friday night after a wreck on Beltway 8 South.

The crash happened just before the Gulf Freeway interchange near the end of rush hour traffic Friday evening.

Crash investigators believe the deputy, driving a marked patrol car, rear-ended another car. In all, three vehicles were damaged in the wreck.

A spokesperson for the sheriff's office said the injured deputy may have broken a wrist and arm in the crash. It is unknown whether the other driver was injured.

Offline LadyLiberty

I'm so sorry, prayers for quick healing.  Was the deputy looking at his smartphone or something?

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Was the deputy looking at his smartphone or something?

We'll never know. My sister didn't even see him coming. He must have been flying.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
We'll never know. My sister didn't even see him coming. He must have been flying.

Maybe he had his bodycam on?  We can hope.

Oceander

Or dash cam.  I’d consider making an immediate request for all video and audio that might have been generated by any equipment on him or on the car, and do it now before it’s deleted.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I'm so sorry, prayers for quick healing.  Was the deputy looking at his smartphone or something?

Around here they have laptops mounted in front of the glove box.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Frank Cannon

Crash investigators believe the deputy, driving a marked patrol car, rear-ended another car.

They "believe"? LOL. The front end of the cruiser is smashed and the rear of that shitbox is totally gone. There is no debatable point here.

BTW I got a dollar the cop was dicking around with his phone or the computer in the car. I see those slackasses do it all the time on the highway.

Offline corbe

16 years ago this time of year, a Harris County Deputy killed my second wife's son, in Houston, he was a Good kid.  I know cause I raised him for his first 10 years.  It can be such a cruel world.

Constable's deputy indicted in 2002 collision death

Deputy indicted in man's death
Passenger died in SUV-patrol car collision in 2002

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Constable-s-deputy-indicted-in-2002-collision-1651608.php

My X wife won that suit and promptly put the proceeds up her nose to erase the misery, it didn't work.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

16 years ago this time of year, a Harris County Deputy killed my second wife's son, in Houston, he was a Good kid.  I know cause I raised him for his first 10 years.  It can be such a cruel world.

Constable's deputy indicted in 2002 collision death

Deputy indicted in man's death
Passenger died in SUV-patrol car collision in 2002

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Constable-s-deputy-indicted-in-2002-collision-1651608.php

My X wife won that suit and promptly put the proceeds up her nose to erase the misery, it didn't work.

How did someone win that suit? The article claims the SUV pulled out in front of the cop and the investigation bore that out.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Sanguine

The recorders MIGHT have still been there when the investigation started,but not if the Sheriff's dept was the 1st on the scene. The HP might have preserved any evidence,but you can bet the sheriffs dept wouldn't.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
 8888crybaby  :0001: :0001: :0001: :0001: :0001:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

So what was the rush?  Was Shipley's about to close?

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

How did someone win that suit? The article claims the SUV pulled out in front of the cop and the investigation bore that out.

Frank, the second suit was won and the Cop was fired for the second time in 2 years (First time was in Phoenix a year before).  The Tow Truck Driver who happened to be there 'before' the accident testified the Cop was hauling azz without even headlights, at midnight, to catch some other stoner who was doing donuts in a Burger King parking lot in a rice burner, moments before. 

Ben's driver turned left in front of the cop he didn't see, Ben was killed. 

Just texted my X, always a difficult time of year for her. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

Frank, the second suit was won and the Cop was fired for the second time in 2 years (First time was in Phoenix a year before).  The Tow Truck Driver who happened to be there 'before' the accident testified the Cop was hauling azz without even headlights, at midnight, to catch some other stoner who was doing donuts in a Burger King parking lot in a rice burner, moments before. 

Ben's driver turned left in front of the cop he didn't see, Ben was killed. 

Just texted my X, always a difficult time of year for her.

So in typical fashion the cops obfuscated and lied their asses off to mitigate the damage.

Offline corbe

That's it in a nutshell, Frank.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I hope everyone turns out okay and in my thoughts and prayers.

On this same matter, I know I hear about these accidents with police cars during chases, often with tragic consequences.  It's really something to think about. This may not have been that situation but it would seem to be related.

Offline Frank Cannon

I hope everyone turns out okay and in my thoughts and prayers.

Everything will turn out fine. I hear there is early retirement in their future after the multi million dollar settlement is reached.

Offline corbe

Sorry @Elderberry I certainly didn't mean to jack your Thread.
    It's a serious issue illuminating once again the human fallacy and it weighs heavily upon all our Hearts. 
    I'll pray for your Family.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
@Elderberry
Sorry to hear this. Prayers for a quick recovery.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

@Elderberry
Update?

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
@Elderberry
Update?
Going now to get Tom out of hosp. Spleen removed. 5 broken ribs.

Ann went home couple days ago with stitched up face and they operated on her arm.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The car

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
No more bad words from me about Kias. :0001:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The car

OMG....so glad the injuries were not that bad...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

Going now to get Tom out of hosp. Spleen removed. 5 broken ribs.

Ann went home couple days ago with stitched up face and they operated on her arm.

Prayers and well wishes for your family and you too.