Author Topic: Gasping for breath  (Read 19377 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Gasping for breath
« Reply #125 on: April 07, 2019, 11:17:36 pm »
@sneakypete

Don't worry the brain fog too much... When you stop exposure to all the medical poison and can get your chemical equilibrium back (which may take steps the doc don't have, but your Apache heritage will), acuity will return.

@roamer_1

Half Greek,1/4  Tuscarora,1/4 Scots-Irish. The Tuscarora are a branch of the Mohawks.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #126 on: April 07, 2019, 11:19:26 pm »
@sneakypete

Have you spoken to your oncologist or other doctor(s) about your mental issues from the chemo?  Perhaps he/she/they can give you the definitive word on the prognosis for this condition and/or suggest a treatment that might help.  The internet has a wealth of information, but not all of it is reliable.  When it comes to my health, I will usually ask the doctor about what I see online.  I trust him before I trust some website.

@Applewood

Not yet. Just got bad this week. I will speak with her about it after the PET test.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #127 on: April 07, 2019, 11:30:47 pm »
@DCPatriot

My Hair has started back in about a month after the 2nd chemo, so, most of this whole body scramble May reverse itself, and they warned me about Blood not drying and hardning right but That's coming 'round now too.

Hope it It comes out OK for you.

@To-Whose-Benefit?

Your situation sounds MUCH more serious than mine,although the hair growing back seems to ME to be a very positive sign.

I wish I knew what advise to give you to help you,but all I can offer is a suggestion to check various cancer research hospitals,with a focus on the ones most focused on the type you have,and see if you can get yourself in on their drug trials. The good news is it will be free,and that seems to be your best hope for a cure. No one in any of them is going to promise you a cure,but we all know there are effective drugs being developed that can be used right this minute by research schools that might not be available on the open markets for several years.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #128 on: April 08, 2019, 12:05:48 am »
@roamer-1

I am reading and hearing mixed reports about that. It all depends on your health when you got the cancer,what type of cancer it is you have,and the chemo mix you have to take.
[...]
I can even deal with "bad". What worries me is permanent "bad". That seems to be a hit or miss thing and unpredictable.

Brain fog has been an epic part of my illness @sneakypete , so I know where you are coming from.
What it is is still incidental at this point, because if your bid is unsuccessful, you won't need it anyway...
So for now it must be go-with-the-flow, no doubt.

Kinda where I was too... Just ceasing all the poisons they were putting into me helped somewhat, but healing for me has come more from exceptional natural nutrition, and natural medicines to purge the poisons and aid in healing.

Get some seriously soluble enzymes, electrolytes, and vitamins... Half of my problem was my ability to assimilate what I needed because my system was so far gone... everything that worked was liquid or sublingual.

Go heavy to forage and garden, native meat and fish. And don't forget the spirit - old school sweat lodge, brother... And mean it.

Chaga tea every day, nettle tea, pine needle tea, Dandelion coffee, (Ojibwe Tea, once you can stand the purge)... essential oils

I think most of the mixed report is in what you do to fix it. Western med will only take you so far. The old ways have value. Talk to a medicine man.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 12:07:32 am by roamer_1 »

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #129 on: April 08, 2019, 12:17:58 am »
Hi @sneakypete

Yes I checked the in State/Near By Clin Trials.

Same Story. 1: They ain't gonna cure squat. 

2: They Might get me 2 more years.

But They Do Not Know.

What I Am certain of is I'm gonna continue looking/shopping.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online roamer_1

« Reply #130 on: April 08, 2019, 12:18:39 am »
My chemo brain is the stuff wrecking all Hell on all of my senses. Had a restaurant open faced baked potato.
I could Not smell the phony toppings on it. But I Could smell the effing Chemical Plant greases, aromas, and cruds individually comprising it. It Stank like Vitalis Hair Oil!

I know what that is @To-Whose-Benefit? ... Restaurant food and store bought food still makes me gag. I figure that is my body telling me something...

There is NO Serial number and expiration date tattoed on the bottom of my feet, signed God.
There is Also no Expiration date signed Doctors at large.
Motto being, If God hasn't tossed in the towel on me...

There is tremendous solace in that - and where my hope was found too! There is a reason he put you on this path. May it be that he has done so to make you an astonishment to those doctors and give you a testimony that changes hearts!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #131 on: April 08, 2019, 12:20:16 am »
Hi @sneakypete

But They Do Not Know.

A lot can happen in two years, too.

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #132 on: April 08, 2019, 12:30:34 am »
Hi @sneakypete

But They Do Not Know.

@To-Whose-Benefit?

Good for you! It's never over until it is over,and in the last several years cancer has been exploding with new drug treatments that cure formerly "uncurable" cancers. It wasn't that long ago the words "You have Stage 4 lymphatic cancer" was a death sentence. When I heard that sentence a couple of months ago it was accompanied by the words,and "and I think we can beat it."

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #133 on: April 08, 2019, 12:50:59 am »
@Smokin Joe
@roamer_1
@sneakypete
@DCPatriot

I figure, not Being a Church goer, Bible Scholar etc, if I haven't asked enough goodly folk who Are, (I'm in the last half of my 60s and I've Still never even lived in America Yet, just 2 Very dark blue Dem/Commie Crap Holes my whole life, . . . . . . .

How much Worse can hell be?

My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #134 on: April 08, 2019, 12:57:17 am »
@Smokin Joe
@roamer_1
@sneakypete
@DCPatriot

I figure, not Being a Church goer, Bible Scholar etc, if I haven't asked enough goodly folk who Are, (I'm in the last half of my 60s and I've Still never even lived in America Yet, just 2 Very dark blue Dem/Commie Crap Holes my whole life, . . . . . . .

Well, if all the past Democrats are there, and the no good Republicans, then add in all the worst of the worst around the globe, even one of America's deep blue sh*tholes would be a pleasant alternative.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #135 on: April 08, 2019, 01:20:55 am »
@sneakypete, good to hear from you.  I'd wanted to ask how you were doing, but didn't want to bother you.

@To-Whose-Benefit?, praying for you.  Sounds like you're fighting it.

To both of you, I had some serious brain fog during and after I completed chemo.  I read an article about the efficacy of SSRIs, specifically Bupropion.  My doc let me try it, and I found it very helpful.

This was a number of years back, but it has become an accepted treatment now:

Lifting the Fog on 'Chemo Brain' - Cure Today
https://www.curetoday.com/publications/cure/2018/summer-2018/lifting-the-fog-on-chemo-brain

Aug 2, 2018 ... JUSTIN BIRCKBICHLER experienced chemo brain after undergoing chemotherapy for testicular cancer. - ERIN RAE PHOTOGRAPHY.
Bupropion sustained release treatment reduces fatigue in cancer ...
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15065748

Bupropion sustained release treatment reduces fatigue in cancer patients. ... Thirteen patients had minor, expectable side effects, and 10 patients were able to  ...
How to Manage Chemobrain - SlideShare
https://www.slideshare.net/DanaFarber/managing-chemobrain

Aug 8, 2012 ... Audio and slides for this presentation are available on YouTube:
http://youtu.be/ 49JdPPPRFNw Cognitive effects of cancer and cancer ...
Chemo Brain May Last 5 Years or More - Well - The New York Times
https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/05/04/chemo-brain-may-last-5-years-or-more/

May 4, 2011 ... “Chemo brain,” the foggy thinking and forgetfulness that cancer patients often complain about after treatment, may last for five years or more for ...
Potential new treatment found for 'chemo brain' - Medical News Today
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/316955.php

Apr 17, 2017 ... New research explains the brain chemistry behind chemotherapy-induced cognitive dysfunction and finds a potential new therapy for ...
Pharmacologic Treatment of Cancer-Related Fatigue - The Oncologist
theoncologist.alphamedpress.org/content/12/suppl_1/43.long

Fatigue is the most commonly reported symptom in patients with cancer, with a .... In these open-label case series, bupropion SR (100– 300 mg/day) was associated ... Another recent ...
Chemo brain - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/chemo-brain/symptoms-causes/syc-20351060

Mar 22, 2019 ... Learn about the memory and thinking changes that sometimes happen during and after cancer treatment. Find out about chemo brain ...

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #136 on: April 08, 2019, 01:24:58 am »
@Smokin Joe
@roamer_1
@sneakypete
@DCPatriot

Do you have children of your own, @To-Whose-Benefit? ?? 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Polly Ticks

« Reply #137 on: April 08, 2019, 01:39:36 am »
@sneakypete
I'm late to this party, but I'm glad to hear you're doing so well in your treatment.  I will keep you in my prayers.

@To-Whose-Benefit?
I will be praying for you, as well. Hopefully the treatment you need will be announced tomorrow...  but either way, I will pray that your story is ultimately victorious.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #138 on: April 08, 2019, 02:56:45 am »
@sneakypete, good to hear from you.  I'd wanted to ask how you were doing, but didn't want to bother you.

@To-Whose-Benefit?, praying for you.  Sounds like you're fighting it.

To both of you, I had some serious brain fog during and after I completed chemo.  I read an article about the efficacy of SSRIs, specifically Bupropion.  My doc let me try it, and I found it very helpful.

This was a number of years back, but it has become an accepted treatment now:

Lifting the Fog on 'Chemo Brain' - Cure Today
https://www.curetoday.com/publications/cure/2018/summer-2018/lifting-the-fog-on-chemo-brain

Aug 2, 2018 ... JUSTIN BIRCKBICHLER experienced chemo brain after undergoing chemotherapy for testicular cancer. - ERIN RAE PHOTOGRAPHY.
Bupropion sustained release treatment reduces fatigue in cancer ...
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15065748

Bupropion sustained release treatment reduces fatigue in cancer patients. ... Thirteen patients had minor, expectable side effects, and 10 patients were able to  ...
How to Manage Chemobrain - SlideShare
https://www.slideshare.net/DanaFarber/managing-chemobrain

Aug 8, 2012 ... Audio and slides for this presentation are available on YouTube:
http://youtu.be/ 49JdPPPRFNw Cognitive effects of cancer and cancer ...
Chemo Brain May Last 5 Years or More - Well - The New York Times
https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/05/04/chemo-brain-may-last-5-years-or-more/

May 4, 2011 ... “Chemo brain,” the foggy thinking and forgetfulness that cancer patients often complain about after treatment, may last for five years or more for ...
Potential new treatment found for 'chemo brain' - Medical News Today
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/316955.php

Apr 17, 2017 ... New research explains the brain chemistry behind chemotherapy-induced cognitive dysfunction and finds a potential new therapy for ...
Pharmacologic Treatment of Cancer-Related Fatigue - The Oncologist
theoncologist.alphamedpress.org/content/12/suppl_1/43.long

Fatigue is the most commonly reported symptom in patients with cancer, with a .... In these open-label case series, bupropion SR (100– 300 mg/day) was associated ... Another recent ...
Chemo brain - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/chemo-brain/symptoms-causes/syc-20351060

Mar 22, 2019 ... Learn about the memory and thinking changes that sometimes happen during and after cancer treatment. Find out about chemo brain ...

@Sanguine

Thank you VERY much!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #139 on: April 08, 2019, 03:07:05 am »
@Sanguine

Thank you VERY much!

You're so welcome, Pete.  I hope it can help.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2019, 03:50:29 am »
Do you have children of your own, @To-Whose-Benefit? ??

HAHAHAHA!

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2019, 03:59:24 am »
Ladies and Gentlemen, to Have such friends as you, is the truest strength anyone could be gifted with.

Thank You and Bless You One and All!

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2019, 04:17:08 am »
@sneakypete

Don't go putting Too much stock in this one (especially by the Minimal relief from it, But)

I did have a lot of involuntary hand and finger movement when I quit my 2nd chemo.

And it does seem to be going away.

Good luck Pete. At this rate it'll prolly be 6 to 10 months.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #143 on: April 08, 2019, 05:21:01 am »
Prayers for both of you guys... and I want to say thanks for the prayers that were sent on my behalf a year or so ago.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #144 on: April 08, 2019, 12:18:32 pm »
@sneakypete

Don't go putting Too much stock in this one (especially by the Minimal relief from it, But)

I did have a lot of involuntary hand and finger movement when I quit my 2nd chemo.

And it does seem to be going away.

Good luck Pete. At this rate it'll prolly be 6 to 10 months.

@To-Whose-Benefit?

Since it is the only treatment proven to work,and since I don't believe in the whole "rebirth in heaven" thing,I won't be quitting my chemo early. Chemo sickness is an even more temporary thing than life itself,but death is the personal end of everything forever.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #145 on: April 08, 2019, 01:48:33 pm »
@sneakypete I’m so sorry, I had no idea. Of course I will put you in my prayers and thoughts.

@To-Whose-Benefit? Um, you know you are my best friend in real life and I’ll be up in less than two weeks to see you again.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #146 on: April 08, 2019, 06:30:23 pm »
@To-Whose-Benefit?

Since it is the only treatment proven to work,and since I don't believe in the whole "rebirth in heaven" thing,I won't be quitting my chemo early. Chemo sickness is an even more temporary thing than life itself,but death is the personal end of everything forever.

@sneakypete

Just Be Advised:

1 st chemo I had was some watered down crap Hormone blocker to keep testosterone from forming. So that don't really count.

However the Real Chemo which is out on a microtubular Search and Destroy mission (the substandard cappilaries the cancer cells Feed on, is a Real @@s kicker cause its accumulalation Stays in you for Months.) So round 1 ain't near's bad as round 2, etc .
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 06:42:10 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #147 on: April 08, 2019, 06:56:44 pm »
@sneakypete

Have you spoken to your oncologist or other doctor(s) about your mental issues from the chemo?  Perhaps he/she/they can give you the definitive word on the prognosis for this condition and/or suggest a treatment that might help.  The internet has a wealth of information, but not all of it is reliable.  When it comes to my health, I will usually ask the doctor about what I see online.  I trust him before I trust some website.

@sneakypete

Bring on the Happy Pills Peddlars!

Same shit heads who are still without a licence, trying to convince us Trump's non fit to serve.

Where is everyone's Memory of Who these Quacks are?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 06:59:33 pm by To-Whose-Benefit? »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #148 on: April 08, 2019, 07:17:56 pm »

@sneakypete

Bring on the Happy Pills Peddlars!

Same shit heads who are still without a licence, trying to convince us Trump's non fit to serve.

Where is everyone's Memory of Who these Quacks are?

Actually,  I've never suggested that Trump is not fit to serve, nor have I ever thought that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #149 on: April 08, 2019, 09:02:58 pm »
@sneakypete

However the Real Chemo which is out on a microtubular Search and Destroy mission (the substandard cappilaries the cancer cells Feed on, is a Real @@s kicker cause its accumulalation Stays in you for Months.) So round 1 ain't near's bad as round 2, etc .

@To-Whose-Benefit?

Yeah,believe it or not,but I happened to notice that myself.