Author Topic: Gasping for breath  (Read 19458 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Gasping for breath
« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2019, 10:13:23 pm »
Kick its ass, @sneakypete!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2019, 11:08:04 pm »
The old goat is always in my prayers, whether he wants them or not. 

Be strong @sneakypete

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2019, 11:34:58 pm »
Hi @sneakypete

Prayers up for you. I'd appreciate it if you'd ping me when this subject comes up, since I have a stake in the Big C game too.

Always trying to learn Something.

And a link to the "Lymph Diet" I remember you mentioning.

Thanks.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2019, 11:40:19 pm »
Hi @sneakypete

Prayers up for you. I'd appreciate it if you'd ping me when this subject comes up, since I have a stake in the Big C game too.

Always trying to learn Something.

And a link to the "Lymph Diet" I remember you mentioning.

Thanks.

I am praying for both of you....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2019, 11:43:04 pm »
@sneakypete
@To-Whose-Benefit?

My most heartfelt prayers for both of you.  Sincerely.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 11:44:05 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #105 on: March 17, 2019, 12:26:48 am »
@sneakypete
@To-Whose-Benefit?

Keeping you both in my prayers as well.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #106 on: March 17, 2019, 01:09:27 am »
@mystery-ak
@Lando Lincoln
@Smokin Joe

And I can't Thank all of you near enough, and return your efforts.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2019, 01:11:16 am »
@mystery-ak
@Lando Lincoln
@Smokin Joe

And I can't Thank all of you near enough, and return your efforts.

Prayers to you @To-Whose-Benefit? and @sneakypete.     

Offline Applewood

« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2019, 03:58:29 am »
@To-Whose-Benefit?

You are in my prayers too. 

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #109 on: March 17, 2019, 04:19:17 am »
@sneakypete

Went to church today - took you with me in thought and said a prayer for you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2019, 01:46:19 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia  @EdJames  @Victoria33  @Freya  @Bigun  @SZonian  @Cyber Liberty  @roamer_1  @Sanguine @truth_seeker @RoosGirl @DCPatriot  @To-Whose-Benefit?  @BassWrangler  @Lando Lincoln  @mountaineer  @Elderberry  @GT Hawk  @berdie @Sighlass  @Applewood

UPDATE  7 Apr 2019

Yes,boys and girls,there really is such a thing as "Chemo Brain". Unfortunately. I figured I would give a short update while I still have enough mind left to do so. Some people claim it goes away after a few months,and some others say it never goes away. I don't know which is the most common outcome,but I will tell you it is real and not a fun thing or a pleasant future to contemplate. I like to read,and sometimes will read a whole page from a good book now,and not remember a damn thing from that page as I start the next one,and have to go back and read it again. Truth to tell,if it weren't for spell check,I am not sure how much of what I am writing would be understandable.

I have moments during the day when my mind seems as close to normal as it has ever gotten,and am dumber than a damn fence post a few minutes later.  Had chemo 4 times now and have 8 treatments left,assuming I agree to keep taking it.

So far I have lost 40 lbs of fluid weight,and need to lose more. The good news is this greatly lessened the pressure on my diaphragm,and it is MUCH easier for me to breath now.

The chemo played hell with my appetite at first. Everything had all the flavor of cold oatmeal. I would find something with some flavor,and after eating it two or three times it would have no taste,either.

Getting my taste buds back,but still don't have much of an appetite for regular meals. Had a craving for french fries this week and ate them 3 times in two days. First time I had eaten french fries in probably 3+ years. Might eat some again today when I go feed the stray cats behind the grocery store.

Went to get the results from my latest chemo blast a couple of days ago,and the surgeon gave me a big smile and said I was doing MUCH better than expected. Going to do a PET scan soon (can't remember when right now) to check the cancer level in my body,and maybe adjust the chemo blast. Seems like I have at least 3 or 4 doctor or hospital appointments every week,and every one of them is 25 or more miles from home. Given that I have virtually no energy at all anymore,even that wipes me out.

Then again,one more treatment and I am half-way trough the chemo treatment,and may even start getting lighter doses if the PET scan comes back favorable.

I just hope I have a mind left when it is all done.

I will update again in a few weeks if there is anything to report,and I can remember to do it.

If you want to be added to this ping list,PM me and I will add your name.

If you want to check back in on your own occasionally,my best advise is to copy and paste the URL above. That was the only way I found it last time.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2019, 02:00:51 pm »
That sounds very positive @sneakypete.  I've always heard how brutal Chemo is, but it sounds like its having a positive effect on you. Keep working on finding foods that appeal to you, so you can keep up your strength. If french fries are appealing, then try other fried foods to see if they are flavorful to you as well.

If we don't hear back from you, we'll pester you until you do.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #112 on: April 07, 2019, 02:15:18 pm »
Sounds like good news @sneakypete

I know you don't necessarily believe in the power of prayer, but I do ... and will keep praying for you.  happy77   BTW, about this "chemo brain" that's concerning you, I have not noticed it --- and I read every post of yours I can find.  Your posts are as wickedly witty and spot on as always.

Keep fighting, Pete ....   6666kiss

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #113 on: April 07, 2019, 02:56:41 pm »
Thanks for the update, sounds like it is working well!!

I agree with RIV, your posts still look like the old SneakyPete posts!!  Concise and spot on!!

:patriot:

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #114 on: April 07, 2019, 03:29:10 pm »
@sneakypete

PM later today.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #115 on: April 07, 2019, 03:44:12 pm »
@sneakypete

Love you, brother!  Keep up the fight. 

:beer:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #116 on: April 07, 2019, 03:45:34 pm »
@To-Whose-Benefit?

Yes, please do check in if you're able!     
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #117 on: April 07, 2019, 05:53:56 pm »
Your update is encouraging, Pete. Glad to hear a positive report.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

« Reply #118 on: April 07, 2019, 05:57:33 pm »
@sneakypete

Your brain must be all right if you can bitch at me and call me a Bush Bot.  LOL

Seriously, thank you for the update and for keeping me in the loop.  Sounds like there is some positive and/or hopeful news on the health front.  Like @Right_in_Virginia and other prayer warriors here, I'm praying for you whether you like it or not.  Stay strong, you old goat.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #119 on: April 07, 2019, 08:22:33 pm »
@sneakypete

It is good to hear, that you have come through it this well, so far.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2019, 08:36:50 pm »
Stay strong, you old goat.

@sneakypete
Strong smellin anyway...  :tongue2:

Don't worry the brain fog too much... When you stop exposure to all the medical poison and can get your chemical equilibrium back (which may take steps the doc don't have, but your Apache heritage will), acuity will return.

Sounds like a good report
Hang in there!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #121 on: April 07, 2019, 09:35:29 pm »
@sneakypete

Good news, bro.

Now get a little notebook and write the important stuff in it, if you don't have one already. Keep in in a shirt pocket or where you won't lose it. You are probably already doing that. Use your phone if you have one that fancy.

Keep getting well, and I'll keep praying for your ornery ass.  :patriot:

Don't worry so much about losing a little cognitive function, you can cut a few percent and still be way ahead of most of the planet, even if it's permanent. Besides, there's plenty of folks around who'll tell you if they think you got something wrong... :tongue2:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #122 on: April 07, 2019, 11:00:16 pm »
@sneakypete
Strong smellin anyway...  :tongue2:

Don't worry the brain fog too much... When you stop exposure to all the medical poison and can get your chemical equilibrium back (which may take steps the doc don't have, but your Apache heritage will), acuity will return.

Sounds like a good report
Hang in there!

@roamer-1

I am reading and hearing mixed reports about that. It all depends on your health when you got the cancer,what type of cancer it is you have,and the chemo mix you have to take.

It was real minor with me at first. Wasn't even sure it was a real "thing". Then it got worse and remained with me longer. I have spells where I am normal for me,and then I will get hit with several hours of confusion before going back to "normal" again,but very,very tired.

What worries me is I am only a fourth of the way through my projected treatment,and everybody says the last couple of chemo treatments hit you  the hardest.

I never expected this to be fun,but I was expecting stuff like throwing up,not confusion.

Due for a PET scan soon,so maybe the chemo mixture will be changed a little after the results are in,and it won't be so bad.

I can even deal with "bad". What worries me is permanent "bad". That seems to be a hit or miss thing and unpredictable.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #123 on: April 07, 2019, 11:10:18 pm »
@sneakypete

Have you spoken to your oncologist or other doctor(s) about your mental issues from the chemo?  Perhaps he/she/they can give you the definitive word on the prognosis for this condition and/or suggest a treatment that might help.  The internet has a wealth of information, but not all of it is reliable.  When it comes to my health, I will usually ask the doctor about what I see online.  I trust him before I trust some website.

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2019, 11:10:24 pm »
@To-Whose-Benefit?

Yes, please do check in if you're able!   

@DCPatriot

Hi;

Responding is possible, but the chemo involuntary nerve and muscle twitchings make it quite a Pavlovian exercise in frustration.

1st, it's Stage 4. Started in prostate, went into my blood, lymph, and bone mets. Got plenty of different doctors. Mostly same opinion. "Forget about getting out of this alive. NOT going to happen. Looked up plenty of online test results. Same Diagnosis.

@sneakypete

Started me on a JNJ drug/against my better judgement and ALL over my protests. That POS quit working on me in 15 weeks.

I wouldn't trust a 6 pack of robotic Pinschers against 3AM guests from those people. Too many lawsuits, baggage and evidence already.

Next up was Docytaxel/Taxotere. That quit in 11 weeks. I'm off to another consulting oncologist at another address now, for yet A third drug.

@sneakypete

My chemo brain is the stuff wrecking all Hell on all of my senses. Had a restaurant open faced baked potato.

I could Not smell the phony toppings on it.

But I Could smell the effing Chemical Plant greases, aromas, and cruds individually comprising it. It Stank like Vitalis Hair Oil!

What I can hear is all frequency dependent. Which makes TV and movies with visitors a PITA.

Thank God the meat was real, and not Star Trek Replicated! I can only Imagine "shudder with revulsion" what That would have tasted and stunk like!!

Needless to say, my Primary Oncologist concludes Every appt with his offer to scrape me Off his day and onto Hospice's.

I got one assurance after another, earlier, they had LOTS of different drugs, but now after failing 2, they're all out? Nothing else?

As For Effing Hospice:

There is NO Serial number and expiration date tattoed on the bottom of my feet, signed God.

There is Also no Expiration date signed Doctors at large.

Motto being, If God hasn't tossed in the towel on me, then human Doctors with an MD License haven't got any business quitting on me Either, Since, They can't promise any of us will even make it out the front door!

@sneakypete

FWIW:

My Hair has started back in about a month after the 2nd chemo, so, most of this whole body scramble May reverse itself, and they warned me about Blood not drying and hardning right but That's coming 'round now too.

Hope it comes out OK for you.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 02:29:18 am by To-Whose-Benefit? »