Author Topic: CA educator slams ‘privileged white voices’ speaking out on ethnic studies curriculum  (Read 390 times)

Offline Kamaji

California educator slams ‘privileged white voices’ speaking out on ethnic studies curriculum

By Hannah Grossman, Fox News
January 22, 2023

A California district administrator involved in overseeing curriculum, Samia Shoman, called for “privileged White voices” to be removed from influencing against a far-left ethnic studies curriculum.

Shoman oversees curriculum in the San Mateo Union High School district as manager of English Learners and Academic Support Programs. The email was dated March 2021 and was obtained via public record request by Zachor Legal.

Shoman contacted the California State superintendent, Tony Thurmond, in March 2021. Shoman blasted “white voices” and said they should have no part in influencing the curriculum.

“We urge the [state board of education] not to give in to the pressures and influences of political lobbyists, racist & privileged white voices, and individuals,” she said.

Another issue Shoman took up with the proposed ethnic studies curriculum was the idea of “multiple perspectives.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/01/22/california-educator-slams-privileged-white-voices-speaking-out-on-ethnic-studies-curriculum/

Offline Kamaji

In other words, a political purge.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
LOL!
Snow White Liberals spreading pure HATE against White people and all things related to being White (intelligence, math, grammar, bathing and grooming, engineering, showing up) thinking that they themselves would never be affected. I'm a 'good guy'. I hate White people. I am their leader! They would never turn on ME!

It was always just a matter of time, until the trained lions turn on their keepers. If you are White, you are the Devil. That is what you taught us.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Kamaji

LOL!
Snow White Liberals spreading pure HATE against White people and all things related to being White (intelligence, math, grammar, bathing and grooming, engineering, showing up) thinking that they themselves would never be affected. I'm a 'good guy'. I hate White people. I am their leader! They would never turn on ME!

It was always just a matter of time, until the trained lions turn on their keepers. If you are White, you are the Devil. That is what you taught us.

Whether the inhabitants of the plantation will ever turn on their white liberal masters is a matter of speculation; however, what is clear is that these self-same white liberals are using anti-white hate for their own political purposes, all while keeping the blacks on the plantation.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Those are the same people pushing ethnic studies. The title should be:

CA educator slams ‘white people who are not unquestioning in their support for giving me more money’ speaking out on ethnic studies curriculum
Countdown to Resignation

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Ethnic studies = all White people are racist, all people of color are victims and not responsible for their own failure to study, learn and advance through hard work. All people of color, except maybe Asians are owed anything they want by White people....forever.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I think us white privileged voices needs to focus on our white priviliged dollars, and starve the woke left in almost an obsessive manner.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Stop taking my White Privileged Dollars with pictures of White Privileged Men, and I'll stop talking.
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright