Author Topic: Victor Davis Hanson: The Elites Haven't Faced Consequences; Brennan, Comey, Clapper, Rice All Lied  (Read 2212 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Victor Davis Hanson: The Elites Haven't Faced Consequences; Brennan, Comey, Clapper, Rice All Lied
Posted By Ian Schwartz
On Date December 19, 2018

Historian Victor Davis Hanson said there has been no consequences for the wrongdoing by elites in society and warned that republics and successful states fall apart when the elites fall out of touch with the people.

"We have a whole bunch... here at home, that feel they can dictate to people and they're never subject to the ramifications of their own ideology and policy," he said of elites. "And it's like the emperor has no clothes and then they're surprised that Trump won or surprised that people are rioting in Paris. What did they think was going to happen?"

"We know historically, Tucker, when you have successful systems like ours or the Greek city-state of the fourth century or Rome in the fifth century A.D. or the Byzantines in the fifthteenth century or the ancient regime in Rome. Why do they fall apart? They fall apart because an elite no longer warrants the respect they think that they deserve because they are out of touch with the people," Hanson explained on Tuesday's Tucker Carlson Tonight.

Hanson said there is an "inequality" in the law where the elites, an "array of people who have not told the truth," haven't faced criminal charges. He rattled off names like former FBI director James Comey, former DNI James Clapper, former CIA director John Brennan, former FBI agent Andrew McCabe, and others.

more
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/12/19/victor_davis_hanson_the_elites_havent_faced_consequences_comey_clapper_brennan_rice_all_lied.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
VDH is correct, you know.  This business about letting the listed people off has frosted testicles all across the land.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I don't know about cold testicles, but otherwise agree with you.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't know about cold testicles, but otherwise agree with you.

Cold "Whatever?"  Works for me.  I was aware my comment only covered half the pissed off people.

(How did I just know you would be the one to point out my error.... :tongue2: )
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Cold "Whatever?"  Works for me.  I was aware my comment only covered half the pissed off people.

(How did I just know you would be the one to point out my error.... :tongue2: )

It wasn't an error, just an amusing turn of phrase.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
But they're Democrats. Republicans are second class citizens.
The Republic is lost.

Online DB

That's been some of us's point for some time. D.C. is deeply corrupt. In our faces corrupt daring anyone to do anything about it. That is when republics fail. At top of the corruption are the Clintons with their entrenched army of government soldiers. Without taking that head on nothing will really change. Trump punted the day he was elected on "lock her up". If he had really wanted to drain the swamp that's where it would have started. A total fail.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:45:03 pm by DB »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
That's been some of us's point for some time. D.C. is deeply corrupt. In our faces corrupt daring anyone to do anything about it. That is when republics fail. At top of the corruption are the Clintons with their entrenched army of government soldiers. Without taking that on head on nothing will really change. Trump punted they day he was elected on "lock her up". If he had really wanted to drain the swamp that's where it would have started. A total fail.

So that's how you sell hog crap to a pig farmer.

Let's get a little more accurate on history. Jeff Sessions recused himself on pretty much everything as soon as he was confirmed. How exactly was Trump supposed to proceed from there?
The Republic is lost.

Online DB

So that's how you sell hog crap to a pig farmer.

Let's get a little more accurate on history. Jeff Sessions recused himself on pretty much everything as soon as he was confirmed. How exactly was Trump supposed to proceed from there?

Bull Shit!

Trump came out the gate saying Hillary had suffered enough and the Clintons were good people before Sessions was even chosen as AG. He set the tone the day after he was elected. You can't blame Sessions for that no matter how hard you bend the truth.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It wasn't an error, just an amusing turn of phrase.

I don't know why, but that makes me sorta proud to know it amused you, because that was the intent.

888high58888
I will NOT comply.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
VDH is correct, you know.  This business about letting the listed people off has frosted testicles all across the land.

Yep!  Mine included! 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Yep!  Mine included!

You and I belong to a club of millions.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
Bull Shit!

Trump came out the gate saying Hillary had suffered enough and the Clintons were good people before Sessions was even chosen as AG. He set the tone the day after he was elected. You can't blame Sessions for that no matter how hard you bend the truth.

Again, how exactly was he supposed to do that?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Axeslinger

Again, how exactly was he supposed to do that?
@Free Vulcan
I’ll answer this one too, but you’ll avoid it just like you did on the other thread That I answered your question on.

1.  You don’t appoint Jeff sessions unless you’ve had a conversation with him about these very matters and let him know that you want everything possible done within the law to bring them to justice
2. Assuming sessions is so darn clever and he blows sunshine up your skirt and fools you and then recuses himself, you make the case over and over and over via the bully pulpit and your beloved twitter that you want the matter investigated.   
3.  If he refuses, you fire his ass and appoint someone new and you take the freakin heat...because you failed miserably way back at step one...that’s what a leader does
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 11:02:28 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
@Free Vulcan
I’ll answer this one too, but you’ll avoid it just like you did on the other thread That I answered your question on.

1.  You don’t appoint Jeff sessions unless you’ve had a conversation with him about these very matters and let him know that you want everything possible done within the law to bring them to justice
2. Assuming sessions is so darn clever and he blows sunshine up your skirt and fools you and then recuses himself, you make the case over and over and over via the bully pulpit and your beloved twitter that you want the matter investigated.   
3.  If he refuses, you fire his ass and appoint someone new and you take the freakin heat...because you failed miserably way back at step one...that’s what a leader does

Isn't that where we're at?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Axeslinger

Isn't that where we're at?

****slapping
No he screwed the pooch at step one.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
****slapping
No he screwed the pooch at step one.

I think Sessions lied to him.  He certainly did not share that he was planning to recuse, so it's a lie of omission, otherwise known as a lie.
I will NOT comply.

Online DB

I think Sessions lied to him.  He certainly did not share that he was planning to recuse, so it's a lie of omission, otherwise known as a lie.

Sessions was political payback for supporting Trump early. It had little to do with ability.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sessions was political payback for supporting Trump early. It had little to do with ability.

That is 100% factual.  Pizzed me off at the time.
I will NOT comply.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Victor Davis Hanson: The Elites Haven't Faced Consequences; Brennan, Comey, Clapper, Rice All Lied
Posted By Ian Schwartz
On Date December 19, 2018

Historian Victor Davis Hanson said there has been no consequences for the wrongdoing by elites in society and warned that republics and successful states fall apart when the elites fall out of touch with the people.

"We have a whole bunch... here at home, that feel they can dictate to people and they're never subject to the ramifications of their own ideology and policy," he said of elites. "And it's like the emperor has no clothes and then they're surprised that Trump won or surprised that people are rioting in Paris. What did they think was going to happen?"

Rome,anyone? Include pampered Generals/Defense Contractor Employees like Mattis in the mix too,please!

Hanson said there is an "inequality" in the law where the elites, an "array of people who have not told the truth," haven't faced criminal charges. He rattled off names like former FBI director James Comey, former DNI James Clapper, former CIA director John Brennan, former FBI agent Andrew McCabe, and others.

:amen: 888high58888 :amen: 888high58888 :amen: 888high58888

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!