Author Topic: Dan Abrams: Michael Flynn Got ‘Railroaded,’ Judge ‘Either Unprepared’ or ‘Vindictive’  (Read 1175 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dan Abrams: Michael Flynn Got ‘Railroaded,’ Judge ‘Either Unprepared’ or ‘Vindictive’
by Aidan McLaughlin | Dec 18th, 2018, 4:20 pm

ABC News chief legal analyst and Mediaite founder Dan Abrams said Michael Flynn “got railroaded” at his sentencing hearing on Tuesday, calling the district court judge who presided “either unprepared” or “vindictive.”

Abrams addressed the “astonishing hearing” of Flynn — in which the former former national security adviser’s sentencing was postponed to March 13 — on his SiriusXM show on the P.O.T.U.S. channel Tuesday.

“On the whole, I think he was treated unfairly today,” Abrams said of Flynn. “I have sympathy for Michael Flynn now, and it’s fair to say that at this hearing he got railroaded.”

more
https://www.mediaite.com/trump/dan-abrams-says-michael-flynn-got-railroaded-at-hearing-judge-either-unprepared-or-vindictive/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Of course the ABC 'legal authority' doesn't like what happened to Flynn yesterday. Neither does Mueller's team. They were hoping they could close the Flynn chapter nice and quietly with a guilty plea.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 03:49:42 pm by skeeter »

Oceander

There must have been some pretty choice dirt in the redacted sections of the sentencing reports that the judge was privy to but which he could not disclose publicly.

Offline the_doc

There must have been some pretty choice dirt in the redacted sections of the sentencing reports that the judge was privy to but which he could not disclose publicly.

I am hopeful that the Judge's convincing way of jumping hard on Flynn is just a legal ploy to force into the open certain revelations against Mueller.

Oceander

I am hopeful that the Judge's convincing way of jumping hard on Flynn is just a legal ploy to force into the open certain revelations against Mueller.

I doubt it very seriously. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I think that's a possibility. 

Offline skeeter

I think so too. It sure seemed Sullivan was trying to get Flynn to take back his guilty plea before he jumped on him.

Offline skeeter

http://thefederalist.com/2018/12/19/evidence-coming-flynn-case-makes-muller-look-worse-worse/

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
In cases where the judge has had issues with prosecutorial conduct, he has not been shy about saying so. The Stevens case is a prime example and why a lot of commentators on Fox thought he would dismiss the charge.   Instead, he railed against Flynn and even asked prosecutors if they had considered other charges, based upon information in the documents that is redacted for us, but visible to him.  Those believing this judge will somehow turn this around on Mueller continue to live in fantasyland.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline the_doc

In cases where the judge has had issues with prosecutorial conduct, he has not been shy about saying so. The Stevens case is a prime example and why a lot of commentators on Fox thought he would dismiss the charge.   Instead, he railed against Flynn and even asked prosecutors if they had considered other charges, based upon information in the documents that is redacted for us, but visible to him.  Those believing this judge will somehow turn this around on Mueller continue to live in fantasyland.

Oh, heck, America has been in fantasyland for so long that I wouldn't completely rule out a smart judge with Sullivan's history setting up a sting against crooked prosecutors.

Offline Frank Cannon

What did Dan's co-host dog Fluffles have to say the topic?