Author Topic: Shades of 1929  (Read 1850 times)

Online libertybele

Shades of 1929
« on: December 19, 2018, 01:42:51 pm »
Here it comes??? ... and if anyone thinks that Trump wouldn't get full blame, they're kidding themselves.  It WOULD affect his re-election, though I think he'd be stepping down!

Shades of 1929

It is now exactly two weeks until the end of 2018, and even though the year is coming to a close, the market selloff isn't. Get ready for a long 2019. Just how bad is it going to get? Here are just a few of the buzzwords and phrases that analysts were throwing around this weekend to describe what's coming next: "a flurry of sell offs"... "a sign of things to come"... "a precursor to an epic market collapse"... and lastly "shades of 1929". Well now, doesn't that sound fun?

The umbrella group for the world's central banks, The Bank of International Settlements, put out a little under the radar warning yesterday, and it isn't pretty. They're saying that the market selloff that's been going on the past few months isn't isolated… this is about to get worse, and it isn't stopping anytime soon. Ron Paul went on CNBC last week and agreed. He said the developments we're seeing right now could be leading to something that's quote, "worse than 1929." ..........

............Consider this. The White House is estimating this year's budget deficit will total 1.1 TRILLION! That's over four percent of GDP. Let's look back in history for a quick second and compare that number to the other times the deficit went over 4% GDP. Here are a few years when it happened: 1933, 1942, 1983, 2009 and then today. 1933 was FDR's attempt to get out of the Great Depression enacting the New Deal. 1942 was World War 2. 1983 was the height of the Cold War. 2009 was the bank bailout after the crash. So basically, this only happens either during times of war or in response to a financial crisis. So why are we still spending at record levels? ...........

https://www.glennbeck.com/glenn-beck/shades-of-1929
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 01:46:31 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Shades of 1929
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 10:19:39 pm »

MISS ME YET?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 10:28:58 pm »
There is a recession coming  -- I'm not getting this from the usual Chicken Littles -- seems many are predicting it and it may have already started. 

The Dow dropped with a thud again today.  Had a talk with my adviser.  Asked him if I should close my accounts and put the money under my mattress.  He laughed.  He didn't realize I wasn't kidding. 

Of course, as the feds continue to print money at an alarming rate, any money I would take out would probably become worthless.

Have I told you all lately I am thoroughly pizzed at both parties?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 10:35:36 pm »
There is a recession coming  -- I'm not getting this from the usual Chicken Littles -- seems many are predicting it and it may have already started. 

When you see a sell off of this magnitude accompanying a 2/10 yr T Bond inversion? , ....    Well get ready to hold your hat.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 10:51:15 pm »
The Fed recent raising of the interest rate is a sure sign that the we have a healthy economy.

/s>

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 11:43:32 pm »
The Fed recent raising of the interest rate is a sure sign that the we have a healthy economy.

/s>

No, it means there is a Republican in the White House.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 11:54:28 pm »
No, it means there is a Republican in the White House.

Weren't all of the current Fed board members appointed by Trump?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2018, 11:59:35 pm »
Weren't all of the current Fed board members appointed by Trump?

I think just the chair is. 

Online DB

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2018, 12:27:52 am »
Light bulbs (incandescent) burn brightest just before they burn out...

That saying is going to have to be abandoned due to technology changes... LED bulbs simply fade away, start flickering or suddenly stop. No brilliant ending anymore...

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2018, 12:47:26 am »

"I'm a panic freak who needs to convince everyone the economy is collapsing to pimp this shit...."

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2018, 12:49:05 am »

Online DB

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2018, 01:07:06 am »

Was Beck selling crypto currency? The exact opposite of gold...

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2018, 01:18:13 am »
Was Beck selling crypto currency? The exact opposite of gold...

Crypto is the new gold, dont'cha know.

Offline corbe

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2018, 01:29:24 am »
   I liked him better when he was pushing Cheeto's

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2018, 12:21:41 pm »
The strongest thing Trump has or had going for him for 2020 reelection hopes was the economy and jobs. That reverses in 2019 and the economy tanks, he's back in the hotel business.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn