Author Topic: Senate Republicans More Worried About Government Shutdown Than Wall Funding  (Read 1087 times)

Offline libertybele

Here's your answer. There's not going to be a shutdown, nor is there going to be a wall.  The Turtle strikes once again.  And as the Senate folds...so does the President.  He's in a heap of trouble in 2019 and going forward if he can't get the support of the Senate.

Senate Republicans More Worried About Government Shutdown Than Wall Funding

resident Trump told Democrat leaders last week that he'd accept the blame for a government shutdown if that's what it takes to get the $5 billion he wants to build a border wall.

But it looks like neither thing will happen.

Democrats on Tuesday rejected a Republican proposal to give Trump an additional $1 billion for border security, on top of the $1.6 billion included in the bipartisan funding bill for the Department of Homeland Security.

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) called it a billion dollar "slush fund" and said it would not pass in either chamber.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Va.) told reporters on Tuesday that discussions continue with the White House on "the way forward." The goal now is to avoid a government shutdown, he indicated:

"I think a government shutdown is -- is not a good option. That's my view. The American people don't like it. I don't know how many times -- you remember my favorite country saying, there's no education in the second kick of a mule.

"We've been down this path before, and I don't believe we'll go down this path again.".........

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/senate-republicans-more-worried-about-government-shutdown-wall-funding
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online rustynail

¡Ocasio! is coming.

Offline libertybele

¡Ocasio! is coming.

Not yet.  Castro or Beto will win in 2020.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Not yet.  Castro or Beto will win in 2020.

Only if you continue to help them.

Offline libertybele

Oh, please.  Quite the crap right now. How exactly am I helping them RIV???

I want Trump to succeed and I want him to build the wall.  He hasn't done so and he has just a few days left to do as he promised.  The House will be under the leadership of Pelosi and the Turtle is indicating he once again will hide in his shell.

Because it looks like he can't or won't do as he promised, you're going to blame everyone that refuses to give him a free pass???

Offline Night Hides Not

Puh-leze. Trump is doing more to help the Democrats than you want to admit. He's managed to galvanize Democrats and their voters more than anyone else in the US, even more than Obama ever did.

To blame it on @libertybele , me, or another NT is simply intellectual laziness of the highest order.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online andy58-in-nh

It does not matter what Trump, or his supporters, or any conservatives want:  the Washington elite and the Permanent State are going to get exactly what they want: endless, increased funding for their empires, and open borders.

I believe that for the wall to be built in any meaningful way it is going to take an Executive order; a state of emergency declaration based on the very real dangers posed by criminal drug gangs and potential terrorists from sanctioned nations.     

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Axeslinger

Y’all be nice to RiV!  Her pom-poms just got deflated...
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

MAGA turned into MMGA and MCAGA when Trump promised to give money to Mexico and Central America.  No help for American families.  Not even a tax break for the Middle class.  Trump just gave Americans his big middle finger.  Just more migrants to pay for and billions in aid to corrupt governments in Mexico and Central America. 

And giving billions to the incoming Mexican government.  Don't even know who they are or what they are going to do.  All we know is that they are pro migration.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

No help required, it seems likely President Trump won't run for reelection.  Let's see how he deals with Pelosi.  Never mind the TEA Party slayer Turtle.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

Re: Senate Republicans More Worried About Government Shutdown Than Wall Funding
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2018, 02:58:16 pm »
It does not matter what Trump, or his supporters, or any conservatives want:  the Washington elite and the Permanent State are going to get exactly what they want: endless, increased funding for their empires, and open borders.

I believe that for the wall to be built in any meaningful way it is going to take an Executive order; a state of emergency declaration based on the very real dangers posed by criminal drug gangs and potential terrorists from sanctioned nations.   

Well we had a mob of over 7,000 coming over in caravans of different sorts who knocked on our back door and if that wasn't a state of emergency, allowing for an e.o. to build the wall, I don't know what is.

To Trump's credit, it seems that for the most part, they were turned away...at least till the next caravan and the next.  We shall see.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2018, 03:48:00 pm »
Well we had a mob of over 7,000 coming over in caravans of different sorts who knocked on our back door and if that wasn't a state of emergency, allowing for an e.o. to build the wall, I don't know what is.

To Trump's credit, it seems that for the most part, they were turned away...at least till the next caravan and the next.  We shall see.
I fear that it will take a far more grievous event to make it plain to the elites in DC that they are as much at risk as the rest of us. And even then, they may resist.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2018, 08:08:30 pm »
I fear that it will take a far more grievous event to make it plain to the elites in DC that they are as much at risk as the rest of us. And even then, they may resist.

Bingo.  Especially our politicians in Washington feel that they won't be affected by the loss of our sovereignty and think that they will maintain their standard of privileged living. In actuality, it will knock them down a few pegs and only then will the smell the coffee; unfortunately it will be too late.