Author Topic: Roger Stone admits spreading lies on InfoWars  (Read 609 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Roger Stone admits spreading lies on InfoWars
« on: December 18, 2018, 02:22:29 am »
https://www.wsj.com/articles/roger-stone-admits-spreading-lies-on-infowars-11545093097

As questions swirl about his credibility, former Trump campaign adviser Roger Stone settled a defamation suit seeking $100 million in damages on Monday for publishing false and misleading statements on InfoWars.com, a far-right website known for promoting conspiracy theories.

The agreement requires Mr. Stone to run ads in national newspapers, including The Wall Street Journal, apologizing for making defamatory statements about a Chinese businessman who is a vocal critic of Beijing.

(excerpt)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Hoodat

Re: Roger Stone admits spreading lies on InfoWars
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 02:31:03 am »
I thought it was a far-left website?  Aren't these the same folks who said that the WTC and Pentagon attacks were an inside job?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 03:35:09 am »

Nothing new here, I've never been able to see how he could write a book and blame LBJ for this. Nevermind that a lot of people do in fact blame LBJ but I think it's a bogus charge and to put it into print?

Info Wars use to be labelled conspiracy, now it seems to be labeled as right-wing, alt-right, whatever you have.  I've still seen some decent interviews on it.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 03:52:43 am »
for making defamatory statements about a Chinese businessman

The only good Chinamen is a dead Chinamen. People need to get serious about the threat these dirty bastards are to worldwide freedom.