Author Topic: Trump Administration Gets Rid Of Lax Discipline Rule Under Obama-Era  (Read 241 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• My oath of enlistment has no expiration date
  • TBR Contributor
Trump Administration Gets Rid Of Lax Discipline Rule Under Obama-Era
7:53 AM 12/22/2018 | Education
Neetu Chandak 

President Donald Trump’s administration officially got rid of a lax discipline rule Friday instated by former President Barack Obama’s administration that wanted to ease racial disparities by discouraging student punishment.

The Education and Justice Departments formally revoked the Obama-era policy, The Associated Press reported Friday.

The removal comes after Trump’s safety commission, led by Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, released several proposals on Tuesday. Policy suggestions included arming school personnel, cities enacting laws where guns can be temporarily removed from people who could hurt themselves or others and districts installing blast-proof glass on their buildings, according to The Wall Street Journal.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/12/22/trump-lax-discipline-rule-obama/
“I hope we once again have reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There’s a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: As government expands, liberty contracts.” - Ronald Reagan

"I just want a government that fits in the box it originally came in." - Bill Whittle

Online Fishrrman

Re: Trump Administration Gets Rid Of Lax Discipline Rule Under Obama-Era
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 08:56:53 PM »
GREAT move.

There should be "equality of treatment" for all, in re school discipline.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf