Poll

Pay once or pay multiple times?

I save my money until I have enough to make a full purchase in one payment.
15 (100%)
I sign financing contracts and make periodical payments over long stretches of time.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Do you finance payment plans or do you save and purchase with one payment?  (Read 5249 times)

Offline libertybele

Re: Do you finance payment plans or do you save and purchase with one payment?
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2018, 02:57:49 am »
Just bought new living room furniture and carpet earlier this year.  Wanted to just write checks for both.  Oh no, I was told.  I had to finance the purchases.  Went through all the rigamaroll to get credit approval and set up the account, then when the bills came, I wrote the checks and sent them. 

What the H is wrong with a check these days?  I can see no one wants to deal in large sums of cash, but if the check is valid, why can't I just make the payment on the spot?  Maybe save time, effort and trees.

I am experiencing similar issues with writing a check.  Big brother wants people to put everything on a card or use a debit card.  They are pushing people to get away from using cash, and writing a check. 

I went to write a check at the pool equipment store and the sales clerk made the remark that she had to figure out how to process the check because no one writes a check anymore and asked if I could just put it on my credit card.

We wanted to write a check to purchase our family room furniture.  If we wrote a check we would have to wait an additional week or so.  If we put it on our credit card or financed the purchase they would deliver the next day.

Supposedly there is too much fraud with checks.  IMHO I've had more trouble with our credit cards.  We've had to shut down our accounts several times and get new cards due to attempted fraud.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2018, 06:12:27 am »
I don’t know if this is on topic but had anyone tried paying with their cell phone?

Apple Pay or google pay?

I’m seeing it in stores, in coffee houses, fast food chains....my sister uses it at Starbucks and swears by it.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2018, 06:24:27 am »
I don’t know if this is on topic but had anyone tried paying with their cell phone?

Apple Pay or google pay?

I’m seeing it in stores, in coffee houses, fast food chains....my sister uses it at Starbucks and swears by it.

I use it everywhere. Gas pumps, grocery stores, auto parts stores. It's awesome. Easy and secure.

Oceander

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2018, 12:45:28 pm »
@thackney I was using my atm card every time I went grocery shopping.

When they put the little chip in I started writing out checks.

That little chip makes me nervous. Just my two cents, I had to get an RFID wallet a few months ago.

Now my phone says I can pay with Apple Pay. I don’t even want to know what that is.

The chip is much safer than without.