Author Topic: USA Today’s Coverage of Young Athlete’s Old Tweets Is Vigilantism, Not Journalism  (Read 613 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
On Sunday, 21-year-old University of Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray won the Heisman Trophy. He gave a gracious, emotional speech that celebrated his faith in God, respect for his fellow athletes, love of family, lifelong work ethic, and team spirit.

“I’ve worked my whole life to fulfill my goals, but at the same time, I know there’s a higher power looking down on me. He enables me to do all things. For that I’m grateful—for the many blessings that God has blessed me with,” Murray humbly told reporters.

But one reporter wasn’t interested in covering the actual news of the Heisman winner’s triumph. He was interested in sabotaging it.

Within hours of the press conference, USA Today sports writer Scott Gleeson penned an article attacking Murray for posting “tweets using an anti-gay slur.” Murray and family awoke Monday morning to a barrage of character smears slamming his “homophobic” posts from six years ago—when Murray was 14 or 15 years old and jokingly called his friends “queer.”

https://www.dailysignal.com/2018/12/12/usa-today-reporter-shows-how-fake-news-is-made-with-smear-of-heisman-winners-homophobic-tweets/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.