Author Topic: Remember Those “97 Per Cent of Scientists Agree” on Global Warming??  (Read 1641 times)

rangerrebew

Remember Those “97 Per Cent of Scientists Agree” on Global Warming??
Posted on December 15, 2018 by Dymphna   

Or is it Global Cooling? Or is it Peak Oil? A coming famine?

Lord Monckton, always entertaining, lays to rest that hoary prevarication about the “consensus” among scientists. He has the source for that lie, which begins at ~minute 21.00 if you’re in a hurry.

The whole thing is entertaining, but the primary reason for this posting is to have a place to hang the source of such balderdash as was promoted in previous comment sections:

https://gatesofvienna.net/2018/12/remember-those-97-per-cent-of-scientists-agree-on-global-warming/

Offline Axeslinger

Paging Mr @Dexter please pick up the white courtesy phone...  Your beloved scientists’ concensus is calling.

Please put down  the Capt Planet Anniversary Box Set and step away from the TV.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

Remember Those “97 Per Cent of Scientists Agree” on Global Warming??
Posted on December 15, 2018 by Dymphna   

Or is it Global Cooling? Or is it Peak Oil? A coming famine?

Lord Monckton, always entertaining, lays to rest that hoary prevarication about the “consensus” among scientists. He has the source for that lie, which begins at ~minute 21.00 if you’re in a hurry.

The whole thing is entertaining, but the primary reason for this posting is to have a place to hang the source of such balderdash as was promoted in previous comment sections:

https://gatesofvienna.net/2018/12/remember-those-97-per-cent-of-scientists-agree-on-global-warming/

The 97% consensus on global climate change is actually a .5% consensus. Hilarious.

The citation is at about 15 minutes.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Paging Mr @Dexter please pick up the white courtesy phone...  Your beloved scientists’ concensus is calling.

Please put down  the Capt Planet Anniversary Box Set and step away from the TV.

Hey, I thought that was my job? 

Offline Axeslinger

@Sanguine

I’m betting he won’t reply. OR if he does it will be evident within two posts that he didn’t bother to watch the source vid.

He’ll babble on like a drunken sailor about how the source of this isn’t reputable because it isn’t Mother Earth news or some crap.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
In fairness to Dex, I don't think he posts much on Sundays.  We'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what he thinks about this article.  He'll see the pings, and I am sure he'll respond.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Axeslinger

In fairness to Dex, I don't think he posts much on Sundays.  We'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what he thinks about this article.  He'll see the pings, and I am sure he'll respond.
@Cyber Liberty
In which case he will only adhere to the second part of my last post. (sorry, I have  Zero tolerance for folks with no intellectual honesty.)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

If you snooze you loose!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Gates of Vienna cannot vouch for the authenticity or accuracy of the contents of any individual item posted here.

https://gatesofvienna.net/

"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
https://gatesofvienna.net/

That refers to the newsfeed at GoV.  This article is not from the newsfeed.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Axeslinger

That refers to the newsfeed at GoV.  This article is not from the newsfeed.
@Cyber Liberty

Did I call it or did I call it?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

He’ll babble on like a drunken sailor about how the source of this isn’t reputable because it isn’t Mother Earth news or some crap.

@Axeslinger  You called it.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Dexter

If the consensus didn't matter then these blog websites wouldn't try to "debunk" it so much. Y'all will tell me in one breath that the consensus doesn't matter, and then in another that it isn't even real. Among climate scientists there is a large majority saying something similar.

I'm not suggesting that any of you should stop being skeptics, just that you should fairly and honestly consider the words of the scientists that disagree with you too. There isn't really any reason for us to continue debating this. My position will change with the position of the leading scientists in this field. That's simply how I operate on matters such as this.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 09:33:57 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

It is relevant that only stuff from blog websites gets posted. Fox News is not in on the conspiracy. These are non-stories.
-Socrates

Offline Axeslinger

If the consensus didn't matter then these blog websites wouldn't try to "debunk" it so much. Y'all will tell me in one breath that the consensus doesn't matter, and then in another that it isn't even real. Among climate scientists there is a large majority saying something similar.

I'm not suggesting that any of you should stop being skeptics, just that you should fairly and honestly consider the words of the scientists that disagree with you too. There isn't really any reason for us to continue debating this. My position will change with the position of the leading scientists in this field. That's simply how I operate on matters such as this.

Translation:   â€œI didn’t bother to watch the video”

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
For someone from the "woke" generation I think Dexie is a sleep walker.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Oceander

The consensus matters, not because it’s correct, but because it represents tyranny and authoritarianism masquerading as science.

This data proves that point.  And yet, the MSM will continually sell the consensus as existing because it’s correct, without admitting that it’s nothing more than a political subterfuge. 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It is relevant that only stuff from blog websites gets posted. Fox News is not in on the conspiracy. These are non-stories.

88finger point
I will NOT comply.