Author Topic: Ocasio-Cortez: By Lindsey Graham's 1999 standard for Clinton, Trump should be impeached  (Read 1146 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Rep.-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) blasted Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) on Twitter Friday for seemingly reversing his stance on the standards necessary to impeach a president.

Ocasio-Cortez tweeted a Daily Beast story quoting Graham saying that he is fine with President Trump “lying about sex," writing, "Didn’t he impeach Bill Clinton over the same thing?"

During 1999 impeachment proceedings for former President Clinton, Graham said, "You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic. If this body determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role."

“You don’t need to have been convicted of a crime. Impeachment isn’t about punishment. It’s about cleansing the office,” Ocasio-Cortez wrote in a tweet tagging the GOP senator.

“Sen. Graham himself established a standard that demands Trump’s impeachment,” she wrote.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/421503-ocasio-cortez-by-lindsey-grahams-1999-standard-for-clinton-trump-should-be
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
“I voted against that article of impeachment, because I think most people, blindsided, would lie to protect their family,” Graham said. “Lying about sex wasn’t enough then for me and it’s not enough now.”

Mighty Mouth got it wrong again. The House impeaches and the Senate convicts. She needs remedial Schoolhouse at this point.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Oceander

She is such an effing idiot.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Ocasio-Cortez Calls Out Sen. Lindsey Graham
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 12:21:14 am »
Ocasio-Cortez Calls Out Sen. Lindsey Graham

news  15 hours ago
Newsweek

(D-NY)
Rep.-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez   

Congresswoman-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is at it again.

Ocasio-Cortez tweeted on Friday that Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) had reversed his stance on the circumstances in which a president can be impeached.

Retweeting an article from The Daily Beast that featured Graham stating on Fox News that he was okay with President Donald Trump "lying about sex."

"Didn’t he impeach Bill Clinton over the same thing?" Ocasio-Cortez asked on Twitter.

The New York Democrat followed that tweet with a second one, retweeting a video from NowThis that featured Graham, Sen. Mitch McConnell and Sen. Orrin Hatch criticizing the actions of former President Bill Clinton during his 1999 impeachment hearings.

"You don’t even have to be convicted of a crime to lose your job in this constitutional republic. If this body determines that your conduct as a public official is clearly out of bounds in your role," Graham says in the video. "Because impeachment is not about punishment. Impeachment is about cleansing the office. Impeachment is about restoring honor and integrity to the office.”

https://start.att.net/news/read/article/newsweek-ocasiocortez_calls_out_sen_lindsey_graham-rnewsweek/category/news

I really do not like this woman at all but she is right on this one. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Ocasio-Cortez Calls Out Sen. Lindsey Graham
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 01:23:29 am »
And yet IIRC Goober proceeded to vote no against convicting Billy Jeff.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2018, 01:40:11 am »
No, Bill Clinton did not get impeached for the Monica Lewinsky situation. Try again, snowflake.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2018, 01:45:57 am »
No, Bill Clinton did not get impeached for the Monica Lewinsky situation. Try again, snowflake.

@goodwithagun correct me if I'm wrong...but I thought the House voted to impeach Clinton...but when he was tried int he Senate he was found not guilty on the articles that had been forwarded.

And Goober Lindsey voted not to convict.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2018, 01:50:03 am »
@goodwithagun correct me if I'm wrong...but I thought the House voted to impeach Clinton...but when he was tried int he Senate he was found not guilty on the articles that had been forwarded.

And Goober Lindsey voted not to convict.

And it was about lying under oath, not about with whom he was having sex. A O-C is a gift. She’s getting slammed on Twitter right now for this Tweet.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2018, 01:55:01 am »
And it was about lying under oath, not about with whom he was having sex. A O-C is a gift. She’s getting slammed on Twitter right now for this Tweet.
Correct, Billy Jefferson perjured himself.  That was the impetus for the impeachment, not the hummer in the Oval Office.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2018, 02:12:51 am »

Yup it never was about sex.  It was perjury.

And yet again Occasional-Cortex whiffs on a history lesson.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 02:13:31 am by txradioguy »

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2018, 02:16:48 am »
Yup it never was about sex.  It was perjury.

And yet again Occasional-Cortex whiffs on a history lesson.

She’s so Trumplike it’s actually laugh out loud funny, mostly because she doesn’t even realize it.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Meldrew

AOC's office is (or will soon be) two doors down from Nancy Pelosi's. I'm not sure that the divine Miss OC could come up with that little historical tidbit on her own.  This is coming from (the almost equally vapid) Pelosi.  She (AOC) might not be the next President, but she might well be the next Speaker when Nancy's through. 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 03:14:42 am by Meldrew »

Offline goodwithagun

AOC's office is (or will soon be) two doors down from Nancy Pelosi's. I'm not sure that the divine Miss OC could come up with that little historical tidbit on her own.  This is coming from (the almost equally vapid) Pelosi.  She (AOC) might not be the next President, but she might well be the next Speaker when Nancy's through.

No such thing as coincidences. Nancy’s attempting to keep her thumb on A O-C.
I stand with Roosgirl.