Author Topic: Trump names Mulvaney acting chief of staff  (Read 2401 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Trump names Mulvaney acting chief of staff
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2018, 06:54:30 pm »
To note, Mulvaney is from South Carolina.  So, Trump seems to go to SC ever so often and they've proven reliable for the most part. I know, people think Gowdy has not shown up to expectations. I'm glad hard-nosed conservative, Lindsay Graham is on Trump's side.

That is the biggest laughable thing I have heard you say.  Lindsey Grahamnesty?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2018, 06:55:50 pm »
That's not right at all.  He said he supported Trump, though he was a terrible human being, because he was better than the alternative.  He made no statement that he didn't support Trump's stated goals, basically he thinks the guy is an a-hole. And you know what?  In that first video where he's talking about writing off certain demographics wholesale and thinking you're going to win elections, he's right.  Y'all are getting pretty off base here with your reasons for objections.

I agree with everything you said.  He thought he was an a-hole for his policy positions.  Not off base.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Oceander

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2018, 06:58:03 pm »
Yes.  And most times the only one in the room.

:bigsilly:

You post some decent stuff, and then you wreck the vibe by posting the most obvious dreck. 

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2018, 06:58:31 pm »
I agree with everything you said.  He thought he was an a-hole for his policy positions.  Not off base.
You're going to have to direct me to where he said he thought Trump was an a-hole for his policy positions.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2018, 07:04:56 pm »
You're going to have to direct me to where he said he thought Trump was an a-hole for his policy positions.

No not going to argue semantics.  Its the same thing.  What he was an a-hole about were his positions.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2018, 07:18:49 pm »
No not going to argue semantics.  Its the same thing.  What he was an a-hole about were his positions.

Not quite. Here’s a more full vid, where Mulvaney expresses his disdain for Trump, but is ready to choke down the bile for what he hopes is productivity.

Sorry...
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2018, 07:23:57 pm »

No, it's not the same thing at all.  I think Trump is an a-hole, but I still support his position of building a border wall.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2018, 07:51:14 pm »
No, it's not the same thing at all.  I think Trump is an a-hole, but I still support his position of building a border wall.

What then do you believe made him an a-hole?  I am very interested now.  But let me know when he goes beyond a few miles of border wall.  Certainly he has said he would shut down the government. (more than once).  He also tweeted "lets not shut down the government".  That could be Trump trying to reason with Democrats.  Or it could be Trump deciding not to shut down the government.  There is the idea that he will have the military build the wall.  That is likely dead in the water because there is always a judge to stop it.  Not his fault right?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 07:51:59 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2018, 08:24:04 pm »
What then do you believe made him an a-hole?  I am very interested now.  But let me know when he goes beyond a few miles of border wall.  Certainly he has said he would shut down the government. (more than once).  He also tweeted "lets not shut down the government".  That could be Trump trying to reason with Democrats.  Or it could be Trump deciding not to shut down the government.  There is the idea that he will have the military build the wall.  That is likely dead in the water because there is always a judge to stop it.  Not his fault right?

His behavior makes him an a-hole; the stupid tweets, the name calling, cheating on his wife, etc.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2018, 12:34:23 am »
His behavior makes him an a-hole; the stupid tweets, the name calling, cheating on his wife, etc.

That's true those things make him an a-hole.  We should name him A- hole in Chief.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2018, 01:22:04 am »
He was never really serious?

It's certainly looking like at tis point he merely told the masses what they wanted to hear in order to get elected.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!