Author Topic: Is the Flynn guilty plea going to be thrown out?  (Read 1953 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Is the Flynn guilty plea going to be thrown out?
« on: December 15, 2018, 03:36:34 pm »
December 15, 2018
Is the Flynn guilty plea going to be thrown out?
By Thomas Lifson

It is always a bad idea to defy an order from a federal judge, yet the nation’s premier, most powerful, law enforcement agency has just done so. Especially when the judge whose order has been blown off has a history of vigilance against law enforcement and prosecutorial abuse, and has thrown out convictions that resulted from abuse.

The Mueller Special Counsel’s case against General Michael Flynn took a bizarre turn Friday when the FBI failed to provide Judge Emmet G. Sullivan with the original form 302 account of its interview with Flynn in the early days of the Trump administration. General Flynn’s guilty plea was based on yielding to the FBI’s contention that he lied to them about his (perfectly legal) conversation with Russia’s Ambassador Kislyak, concealing their discussion of sanctions. At the point of his guilty plea, General Flynn had been bankrupted by legal fees and his son was threatened with criminal prosecution.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/12/is_the_flynn_guilty_plea_going_to_be_thrown_out.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Is the Flynn guilty plea going to be thrown out?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 04:24:11 pm »
@mystery-ak

General Flynn had been bankrupted by legal fees and his son was threatened with criminal prosecution.

I know this is standard procedure when going after convictions,but in MY NSHO THAT should be a felony. Do NOT try to get someone to plead guilty by threatening their family with bankruptcy defending themselves against manufactured charges.

ANY prosecutor who does this should himself or herself be charged with witness tampering,obstruction of justice,and any other charges that can be filed,and NO PLEA AGREEMENT will be accepted. Let a jury of their peers decide how long they should serve in prison for manufacturing evidence to get a conviction,and then make damn sure they serve it in a regular prison with regular criminals.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2018, 09:12:46 pm »
American Thinker has become a joke site. Not only was the conviction not thrown out – the judge asked the prosecution if they had considered a treason charge. We also know from the joint filing between prosecution and defense lawyers that see stories about Flynn being bankrupted and having his son threatened are lies. He was cooperating fully, before an indictment was ever mentioned.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 10:07:05 pm »
American Thinker has become a joke site. Not only was the conviction not thrown out – the judge asked the prosecution if they had considered a treason charge. We also know from the joint filing between prosecution and defense lawyers that see stories about Flynn being bankrupted and having his son threatened are lies. He was cooperating fully, before an indictment was ever mentioned.

The judge later clarified that treason wasn’t on the table.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 10:12:23 pm »
Stupid Bobby effing up another case. Wonder how many hundreds of millions us taxpayers are going to have to shell out in a future settlement to Flynn?

Offline edpc

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 10:15:56 pm »

Of course it wasn’t – that would be ridiculous. The Rosenbergs were not even charged with treason. That word gets thrown around freely here and in other places. I just think it’s funny that he brought it up, considering the people around here that use the term irresponsibility and loosely.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 10:17:49 pm »

After confirming he was definitely on Muellers Christmas judge shopping list.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 10:50:12 pm »
After confirming he was definitely on Muellers Christmas judge shopping list.

GTFOH

Just last week, Hannity and Limbaugh were fantasizing about this judge throwing out the case, because he is the same one that was so upset over the Senator Stevens case.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/12/13/the-flynn-judge-demands-documents-from-mueller/amp/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 11:04:25 pm »

GTFOH

Just last week, Hannity and Limbaugh were fantasizing about this judge throwing out the case, because he is the same one that was so upset over the Senator Stevens case.

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/12/13/the-flynn-judge-demands-documents-from-mueller/amp/

Do you think you have something there? Do you? Just because you grab someone elses think do you smirkily think it conflates to my thinking?

I will never trust any judge that Mueller puts a case in front of. It's obvious when the judge brought up treason he was the hack pick.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 11:14:17 pm »
Do you think you have something there? Do you? Just because you grab someone elses think do you smirkily think it conflates to my thinking?

I will never trust any judge that Mueller puts a case in front of. It's obvious when the judge brought up treason he was the hack pick.

If you read the story, which you obviously didn’t, some of the same prosecutors on Mueller’s team were involved in that case. What makes you think Mueller would want that judge again? Effing clown.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 11:20:54 pm »

If you read the story, which you obviously didn’t, some of the same prosecutors on Mueller’s team were involved in that case. What makes you think Mueller would want that judge again? Effing clown.

So what? Do you really think the game is that simple? If Mueller was in doubt about a win, he woudn't have tried it before this judge.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2018, 11:30:42 pm »
So what? Do you really think the game is that simple? If Mueller was in doubt about a win, he woudn't have tried it before this judge.

Then explain the ‘selection’ of T. S. Ellis, genius. All he did was harangue the prosecutors, during the entire time the Manafort case was before him. Nevertheless, each time the judge requested information or reviewed filing, he sided with the Mueller team. Was all that criticism just for show?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2018, 11:33:48 pm »

Then explain the ‘selection’ of T. S. Ellis, genius. All he did was harangue the prosecutors, during the entire time the Manafort case was before him. Nevertheless, each time the judge requested information or reviewed filing, he sided with the Mueller team. Was all that criticism just for show?

You're obvioulsy naive about the Federal justice system.
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2018, 11:33:56 pm »

I wonder if Sullivan's behavior today in court reflected his frustration at Flynn's apparent surrender to the Mueller team. This judge has made it clear he is critical of the tactics of government prosecutors in the past. I know very little about the law and courtroom subterfuge, but is it possible this judge might have been trying to rattle something loose in Flynn's head by overstating his guilt to the point of provoking a reaction?

Offline edpc

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2018, 11:38:40 pm »
You're obvioulsy naive about the Federal justice system.

You obviously can’t be taken seriously. Try not to hurt anyone else with your flailing.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2018, 12:20:08 am »

You obviously can’t be taken seriously. Try not to hurt anyone else with your flailing.

Haughty, dismissive, and clueless.

Yes, you make your point well.

All this tempest in a teapot is a hill of beans. If we were going to really prosecute for this stuff that Mueller and the Dems are hyperventilating about, half of DC would go down.

But they won't. It will always and only be selective for political damage. And that's all this is.
The Republic is lost.

Offline edpc

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2018, 12:32:56 am »
Sure – the prosecution recommended no jail time, because all Flynn provided was politically damaging information.      **nononono*

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2018, 01:12:29 pm »
I dunno if it is or not,and no longer care. I don't watch soap operas.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!