Democrat
0 (0%)
Liberal
0 (0%)
Others
17 (54.8%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: June 16, 2019, 03:42:07 am

Author Topic: What is your political affiliation?  (Read 9733 times)

Online libertybele

Re: What is your political affiliation?
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2018, 05:16:21 pm »
I consider myself a conservative, but register GOP in order to vote in the primary.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2018, 05:47:45 pm »
Stag Party

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2018, 05:55:48 pm »
Oh "Affiliation".  Thought it said Affliction.  That changes, well I guess it changes nothing.... really.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline corbe

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2018, 06:17:02 pm »
   Voted Independent in this poll but I align more closer to these guys than any other.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2018, 06:22:22 pm »
I am a conservative.  In NC you can register as unaffiliated and choose which party you wish to vote at each election.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline thackney

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2018, 07:52:45 pm »
Christian Conservative, my political actions are based upon that position.

In Texas you do not have to belong to a party to vote in their primary.  You just declare which one to enter for voting at that primary.  I usually vote in the republican party primary.

I have never donated to the republican party, at the national, state or local level.

I have donated to individual candidates, almost always that person is a republican, being the most conservative in the race I am interested in.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2018, 07:55:23 pm »
Not officially but there's enough of them to split off the Democrats and go their own way, and the ones that publicly describe themselves as Liberal talk about it like it's their party. I always noticed that hey none of the candidates are liberal but the pundits who run the show are. I thought they were a party, as much attention as they receive on that tagword alone.

Many conservatives would describe themselves separate from the GOP as well, even if that is the party they most often vote for.  I certainly do.

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2018, 09:59:13 pm »
   Voted Independent in this poll but I align more closer to these guys than any other.

That would be like a Wig?

In Texas you do not have to belong to a party to vote in their primary.  You just declare which one to enter for voting at that primary.

You shouldn't need to belong to a party anywhere before you can vote.

Many conservatives would describe themselves separate from the GOP as well, even if that is the party they most often vote for.  I certainly do.

I'm reading that a lot here on this board.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 10:03:10 pm by Skeptic »
I won't accept.

Offline corbe

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2018, 10:07:14 pm »
   Unlike the Whigs, the Constitution Party does not support Slavery.

Here's the Preamble to the Party Platform:

We declare the platform of the Constitution Party to be predicated on the​​ principles of:

The Declaration of Independence, The Constitution of the United States​​ and The Bill of Rights, according to the original intent of the Founding Fathers. These founding documents are the foundation of our Liberty and the Supreme Law of​​ the Land.

The sole purpose of government, as stated in the Declaration of Independence, is to secure our unalienable rights given us by our Creator. When Government grows beyond this scope, it is usurpation, and liberty is compromised.

We believe the major issues we face today are best solved by a renewed allegiance to the original intent of these founding documents.

Entire Platform here:

https://www.constitutionparty.com/principles/platform-preamble/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2018, 10:18:42 pm »
Since many Republicans are NOT conservative, I am registered as Constitution Party.  Closest thing I can find to a conservative party.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2018, 11:34:12 pm »
Okay fess up who picked Prohibition Party?

@Frank Cannon   :pondering:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline corbe

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2018, 11:36:05 pm »
Okay fess up who picked Prohibition Party?

@Frank Cannon   :pondering:

Booze cuts into his meth sales.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2018, 11:55:08 pm »
At one time my voter registration said I was a "miscellaneous."  LOL

Technically, today I'm registered as an independent, but I consider myself a conservative.  So I will say "Other."

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2018, 12:11:31 am »
Beat ISIS or greatly aided the defeat of ISIS, has record low unemployment rates, has legislated pro-life bills, ended Korean war... and on the list goes, border security front and center.

I'll wear it on my sleeve and it's a no-brainer, we did it all.  And if they didn't do it, it's because of some milquetost Republicans who really shouldn't be in the party.

One single clinic in states like MS and MO.

Not just Yes, Republican but hell Yeah, Republican.

They are the only thing that stands between us and the wicked rule of Democrats which we saw plenty of during the Obama years. If you would have let that continued, well, that's your view alright and I don't think much of it.

Spare me the self-righteousness, remember what the man said:

« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 12:17:53 am by TomSea »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2018, 12:28:08 am »
I'll wear it on my sleeve and it's a no-brainer, we did it all.  And if they didn't do it, it's because of some milquetost Republicans who really shouldn't be in the party.

Republicans controlled both houses of Congress from 2011-2018.  And during each and every one of those eight years, the Republican majority voted to subsidize America's largest abortion provider.  These Republicans voted to use taxpayer money to fund abortion.  Eight years in a a row.  So don't you dare denigrate the pro-life banner by placing an abortion-funding elephant on it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2018, 12:37:05 am »
I consider myself a conservative, but register GOP in order to vote in the primary.

Exactly what I do
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2018, 12:51:14 am »
Republicans controlled both houses of Congress from 2011-2018.  And during each and every one of those eight years, the Republican majority voted to subsidize America's largest abortion provider.  These Republicans voted to use taxpayer money to fund abortion.  Eight years in a a row.  So don't you dare denigrate the pro-life banner by placing an abortion-funding elephant on it.

I didn't know, everything was on the national level.

As I edited the post, states like Missouri and Mississippi have only one abortion clinic, maybe it should be one but it's something. A lot of pro-life laws have gone through in Texas, in the Dakotas, Ohio, Wisconsin, Oklahoma.

So, I don't think you are denigrating but I wonder how informed one is.  At the same time, some other states are like runaway trains on the issue.

Being Republican is NOT all about belonging to the national party.

I'd say futhermore, the House defunded PP, they repealed Obamacare, it's the Senate that has been holding everything back.

The record could be better but it is still something.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 12:53:16 am by TomSea »

Offline thackney

« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2018, 12:53:20 am »
You shouldn't need to belong to a party anywhere before you can vote.

If you want to help decide which candidate a party selects, I'm good with being required to be in that party.  However, it is not the rules in Texas.

In the primary, you are not voting to put someone in public office.  You are selecting who the party puts up for that election.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2018, 12:58:41 am »
That one congressman who was voted out, Jason Lewis, even blamed the way McCain and others as the reason the GOP lost the House. It's pretty sad, when, because of the fact, the Senate couldn't vote in uniformity, they lost the House. That may not be a totally sound theory but there is some truth to it.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2018, 01:10:08 am »
I voted "other". 

I am a conservative who spent forty+ years laboring within the Republican party to try and advance the cause of Liberty.  Held MANY jobs and made some LARGE strides in my home state of Texas but 2016 was the end of the road for me. I'm done with the Republican party once and for all since it became crystal clear to me that they were NOT interested in moving in the direction we NEED to go.

When honest men with GREAT conservative records try to run as republicans they get shat on at every turn because the Mitch McConnel's of the world know that people like that will not go along to get along and now they have fixed their rules to make damned sure that no one like that has even a remote chance of getting the nomination for president in that party.

Beyond that, they now think it their right to tell us, the great unwashed, who the suitable candidates are to represent US I Washington!  To hell with them!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2018, 04:59:43 am »
The poll was modified to list "PARTY NAME REMOVED TO DISCOURAGE INDIRECT ADVERTISING". How did that happen? I removed the edit. My polls won't be modified once voting starts. If you don't like my polls, whoever you are, make your own polls. Not a good thing that this message board allows editing to this length. In fact, I can modify my first post if I wanted to. Don't the administrators believe in stability? There needs a timer on editing for spelling mistakes and other errors, but not indefinitely.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 06:58:29 am by Skeptic »
I won't accept.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2018, 05:46:00 am »
Beat ISIS or greatly aided the defeat of ISIS, has record low unemployment rates, has legislated pro-life bills, ended Korean war... and on the list goes, border security front and center.

One single clinic in states like MS and MO.

Not just Yes, Republican but hell Yeah, Republican.

They are the only thing that stands between us and the wicked rule of Democrats which we saw plenty of during the Obama years. If you would have let that continued, well, that's your view alright and I don't think much of it.

Spare me the self-righteousness, remember what the man said:

You're Pro-Life Tommy? That's a revelation. I could never figure one way or the other since you hold that card close to your vest.

Offline Skeptic

• Loyal q stomper.
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2018, 07:46:34 am »
Next time I make one of these I will add "Libertarian", "Constitutional" and "Conservative" parties to the list and remove "Liberal" because Liberals arwn't a party, Liberalism is a club anyone from any party can join.
 :tongue2:
I won't accept.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2018, 04:35:06 pm »
Next time I make one of these I will add "Libertarian", "Constitutional" and "Conservative" parties to the list and remove "Liberal" because Liberals arwn't a party, Liberalism is a club anyone from any party can join.
 :tongue2:

You seem to be talking about leftism rather than liberalism.  Are you talking about someone whose beliefs Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin would agree, or are you talking about contemporary leftists?