Author Topic: Trump names Mulvaney acting chief of staff  (Read 2442 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump names Mulvaney acting chief of staff
« on: December 14, 2018, 11:18:13 pm »
Trump names Mulvaney acting chief of staff
By Jordan Fabian - 12/14/18 05:23 PM EST

President Trump on Friday named budget director Mick Mulvaney as his acting White House chief of staff, capping off a week of frenzied speculation about who would take over the key West Wing role.

Trump said in a pair of Twitter posts that Mulvaney would start at the beginning of next year after outgoing chief of staff John Kelly leaves his post.

“Mick has done an outstanding job while in the Administration,” Trump wrote. “I look forward to working with him in this new capacity as we continue to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!”

The president praised Kelly’s service and called the retired Marine Corps general “a GREAT PATRIOT.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/421481-trump-names-mulvaney-acting-chief-of-staff
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline corbe

Re: Trump names Mulvaney acting chief of staff
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 12:23:26 am »
   Great OMB Director He couldn't get the wall funded or PP defunded /s   Isn't this the guy that kept saying Cruz would be defeated?  Another NY Liberal failure.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 01:39:29 am »
Rep. Mick Mulvaney Chastises Fellow Republicans on Immigration | Immigration Battle | FRONTLINE

Sorry...
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 02:16:18 am »
Don't know a lot about this character, only that he supported Rand in the primaries.

Did a search on him; he's held a couple of positions in Trump's ever revolving door.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 02:22:11 am »
Rep. Mick Mulvaney Chastises Fellow Republicans on Immigration | Immigration Battle | FRONTLINE

Sorry...

Wow, just wow.  Pretty straightforward he isn't about securing the border.  He is about Hispanic votes.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 03:32:35 am »
Wow, just wow.  Pretty straightforward he isn't about securing the border.  He is about Hispanic votes.

Obviously by his statements he wants to appease the liberal leftists in order to garner votes.  Part of his job as Chief of Staff is to negotiate with Congress.

He doesn't seem in tune with Trump's anti-illegal immigration/build a wall agenda in the least.

So ... why did Trump then pick him?

Since he's held a couple of different positions in Trump administration, perhaps Trump couldn't find anyone else that would take the job??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2018, 03:49:44 am »
Obviously by his statements he wants to appease the liberal leftists in order to garner votes.  Part of his job as Chief of Staff is to negotiate with Congress.

He doesn't seem in tune with Trump's anti-illegal immigration/build a wall agenda in the least.

Since he's held a couple of different positions in Trump administration, perhaps Trump couldn't find anyone else that would take the job??

To me that is the million dollar question.  He surrounds himself with people who are opposed to his campaign promises. 

He was never really serious?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 03:50:40 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline DB

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2018, 04:14:10 am »

What sane person would take the job after all the road kill prior.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2018, 04:59:02 am »
What sane person would take the job after all the road kill prior.

People here have brought up how many COS other presidents have had.  But I have never seen a President intent on ruining people's careers like Trump.  Publicly shaming them and insulting their work.  Trump not only wants to fire them, but he doesn't until he has tweeted about them for months.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2018, 05:49:52 am »
Mulvaney is far and away my favorite person in the entire Trump Administration.  I hope this job doesn't eventually drive him out.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2018, 06:48:37 am »
Mulvaney is far and away my favorite person in the entire Trump Administration.  I hope this job doesn't eventually drive him out.

From the little I've read about him I like him.  I think some of y'all heard some things in that video that the guy never said.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2018, 11:02:39 am »
Don't know why the word "acting" is being used.  Every position in the Trump administration is temporary.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2018, 12:26:15 pm »
Mr. Mulvaney, a hard-line conservative and former congressman from South Carolina, is a fiscal hawk who has produced budgets that cut federal spending only to see congressional Republicans and Democrats ignore them.

He was more successful in a rare, dual-hatted role that Mr. Trump had given him, overseeing the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, where he scaled back the mission, and in many ways neutered its influence, in keeping with the president’s view of the agency.

Still, unlike the two others who have served as Mr. Trump’s chief of staff, he brings an understanding of the intersection between the White House and Congress.

Mr. Mulvaney emerged as the president’s choice for a position that, in other administrations, has been akin to the chief operating officer of the country, after high-profile announcements from others that they were not interested in the job to replace John F. Kelly. Mr. Kelly is set to leave the position by the end of the year.

On Friday, a senior administration official, who spoke on the condition on anonymity, said there would be no end date to Mr. Mulvaney’s role despite his “acting” title.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/12/14/breaking-trump-names-mulvaney-interim-wh-chief-of-staff-n2537537

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2018, 12:33:45 pm »
Enter Mick Mulvaney, brightest star of the Trump administration, and up till now the chief of the Office of Management and Budget as well as the director of the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau, a man of zero scandals, the competence to run two tough green-eyeshade federal agencies at once, a toughness that can stand up to Deep State, and most important, the fight in him to crush leftists. Mulvaney and Trump see eye to eye on the issues, and know that the economy is Trump's hole in one.

Home run. Trump picking this guy is just plain winning.

Because here's what we have seen of Mulvaney so far. I checked what I have written about him earlier and the man just stands out.

Here, he's giving Senator and fake Indian Elizabeth Warren a taste of her own lefty whitebread cooking on consumer finance and politics.

Here, he's positively barbecuing rabid leftwing economist and New York Times columnist Paul Krugman on a spit over economics of all things, with this smackdown.

Here, he's effectively shaking sense in to the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau, which had rapidly descended into a shakedown racket under the Obama Nightmare.

Someone like this just plain rocks.

And of course, the left and its media echo chamber is scared.

Here's the Daily Beast digging up old dead cats about something Mulvaney said in the heat of the election two years ago. As if something as ephemeral as that that would outweigh Mulvaney's stellar performance, and President Trump's delight at his success.

Grow up, bozos, Trump is an adult. And so is Mulvaney. The two know it and now they get along fine.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/12/winning_trumps_very_smart_pick_for_chief_of_staff.html

Offline Applewood

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2018, 01:20:24 pm »
Trump is an adult?

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2018, 01:33:13 pm »
Trump is an adult?

Yes.  And most times the only one in the room.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2018, 01:45:33 pm »

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2018, 01:58:08 pm »
:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

I suspect you're one of the three who will miss The Weekly Standard.   88devil

Offline Applewood

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2018, 02:27:02 pm »

When he's alone with his smartphone and tweeting, he becomes a two-year old.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2018, 03:46:21 pm »
There is a tweet for everything.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2018, 05:29:56 pm »
There is a tweet for everything.

Sometimes, there’s video, too....

Sorry...
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2018, 05:32:55 pm »

Sometimes, there’s video, too....

Sorry...

LOL

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2018, 06:33:26 pm »

I was reading news this morning and came upon this.  https://www.newsweek.com/trumps-new-chief-staff-mick-mulvaney-described-president-terrible-human-being-1260304

We all know what Trump campaigned on and obviously this guy thought at the time it was terrible.  So a person would have to wonder Trumps agenda promoting this guy to COS.

Trumps agenda went absolutely nowhere in the first two years.  I predict that we will see the true Donald Trump in the second two years where he will shift his base from Republican to Democrat.

And I think the signs have been there all along.  Even in the general election he attracted Democrats.  And in Wisconsin where he won they have swung back to Democrat.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/blogs/wisconsin-voter/2018/11/01/parts-wisconsin-trump-country-swinging-back-democrats/1835501002/

Map flipped from Democrat to elect Donald Trump.

And the recent decision by Kavanagh on Planned Parenthood.  Trump making his closest advisors, lawyers and Senators ones who have never been right Republican.  He definitely is moving in a moderate to left leaning President.

He talks tough on border security but hasn't taken steps to secure the borders.  He lies about walls being erected.  No, only fence fixing and a few miles of new "wall".  The caravans are still there.  They are sneaking in every day.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 06:49:47 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2018, 06:44:07 pm »
I was reading news this morning and came upon this.  https://www.newsweek.com/trumps-new-chief-staff-mick-mulvaney-described-president-terrible-human-being-1260304

We all know what Trump campaigned on and obviously this guy thought at the time it was terrible.  So a person would have to wonder Trumps agenda promoting this guy to COS.

Trumps agenda went absolutely nowhere in the first two years.  I predict that we will see the true Donald Trump in the second two years where he will shift his base from Republican to Democrat.

That's not right at all.  He said he supported Trump, though he was a terrible human being, because he was better than the alternative.  He made no statement that he didn't support Trump's stated goals, basically he thinks the guy is an a-hole. And you know what?  In that first video where he's talking about writing off certain demographics wholesale and thinking you're going to win elections, he's right.  Y'all are getting pretty off base here with your reasons for objections.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2018, 06:46:31 pm »
To note, Mulvaney is from South Carolina.  So, Trump seems to go to SC ever so often and they've proven reliable for the most part. I know, people think Gowdy has not shown up to expectations. I'm glad hard-nosed conservative, Lindsay Graham is on Trump's side.