Author Topic: Obstruction? Mueller probe wiped Strzok phone before giving it to investigators  (Read 1582 times)

Offline libertybele

Obstruction? Mueller probe wiped Strzok phone before giving it to investigators

he Department of Justice Office of the Inspector General (OIG) has released a report on its investigation into the recovery of text messages from FBI mobile devices that were once operated by disgraced former FBI agents Peter Strzok and Lisa Page.

DOJ OIG releases report of investigation describing the recovery of text messages from certain FBI mobile devices https://t.co/CqkVpvwrmo pic.twitter.com/i55upCXk4B

— Justice OIG (@JusticeOIG) December 13, 2018

The report reveals disturbing details about the inner workings and lack of transparency in the office of special counsel Robert Mueller, who has been investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election for the past 575 days and has failed to publicize any evidence of Trump-Russia “collusion.”

The OIG report found that all of the texts off of Strzok’s and Page’s mobile phones that they had received while they were working for the special counsel’s office (SCO) were deleted.

So Mueller's team wiped ALL of the data off of Peter Strzok's iPhone after determining "it contained no substantive text messages." Given what we know about Strzok, this smells like quite the coverup. Time for Congress to step in?https://t.co/mOgpBbDVO4 pic.twitter.com/9w2mEPK64C

— Jordan Schachtel (@JordanSchachtel) December 13, 2018

“SCO’s Records Officer told the OIG that as part of the office’s records retention procedure, the officer reviewed Strzok’s DOJ issued iPhone after he returned it to the SCO and determined it contained no substantive text messages,” the OIG report said in stating that Strzok’s phone had been “reset to factory settings,” which means it was completely wiped of all of its data........

https://www.conservativereview.com/news/obstruction-mueller-probe-wiped-strzok-phone-before-giving-it-to-investigators/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
December 14, 2018
Inspector General discovers that Team Mueller scrubbed Strzok and Page text messages during critical post-election period
By Thomas Lifson

Robert Mueller’s Special Counsel’s Office (SCO) destroyed a potential treasure trove of evidence about the “insurance policy” Trump-haters Peter Strzok and Lisa Page were implementing against the Trump administration as it prepared to take office and establish itself in its first few months.  Whatever the purported lovebirds texted each other and others during the tumultuous period, the SCO thought was not worth scrutiny by outsiders not on the team.

Given the scandalous earlier texts between the two released by the OIG, this claim is so arrogant that it would be laughable, but for the profound implications of a rogue law enforcement operation covering its tracks, secure in its belief that it will never be prosecuted thanks to Deep State operatives throughout the FBI and DoJ.

We learn of this destruction of evidence only now thanks to the Department of Justice’s Office of Inspector General, headed by Michael Horowitz, who issued a report on its investigation of the “gap” in the text messages of the two from 12/15/16 to 5/17/17.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/12/inspector_general_discovers_that_team_mueller_scrubbed_strzok_and_page_text_messages_during_critical_postelection_period.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
So? Is anyone going to do anything about ANY of it?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Frank Cannon

Anyone still believe the Stupid Bobby and his team of proven criminals are honest brokers here?

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. You kidding? The GOP is too pathetic to take this head on.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
LOL. You kidding? The GOP is too pathetic to take this head on.

What can the GOP do besides making criminal referrals to the very same people who are as corrupt as hell!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Another reason to not give a sh*t about any charge Mueller and his team, or any of the other hopelessly corrupt prosecutors, pull out of their arses.

There just is no credibility.

Oceander

Another reason to not give a sh*t about any charge Mueller and his team, or any of the other hopelessly corrupt prosecutors, pull out of their arses.

There just is no credibility.

That won’t get you much mileage in front of a jury that’s trying those charges.

Offline skeeter

That won’t get you much mileage in front of a jury that’s trying those charges.

Not sure what your point is. I'm alluding to the typical NT charge of hypocrisy against those of us who refuse to wet ourselves every time the media reports 'they've really got him this time'.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Wiping a phone or beating it with hammers (Clinton) is meaningless. You can throw your phone or laptop in the river, and still everything that you have done with that device is available to investigators via the provider. Everything done on the internet is recorded somewhere. Just in this case, as with Clinton, there is nobody in D.C. who is serious about finding it.

The device stores very little about past use. But the provider has a record of everything done since the device went to an active state.

But yes, it is still legal obstruction. No question of that.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 05:29:37 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

Wiping a phone or beating it with hammers (Clinton) is meaningless. You can throw your phone or laptop in the river, and still everything that you have done with that device is available to investigators via the provider. Everything done on the internet is recorded somewhere. Just in this case, as with Clinton, there is nobody in D.C. who is serious about finding it.

The device stores very little about past use. But the provider has a record of everything done since the device went to an active state.

But yes, it is still legal obstruction. No question of that.
Did a little looking around on this and I'm not convinced its true. Providers will keep tower or envelope data for varying periods of time, depending upon the company, but no one keeps text content for more than a few days. The Strzok texts are gone forever.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 05:51:42 pm by skeeter »

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
As a matter of curiosity, would info retained by providers include the actual content of text messages? Or just the envelope data?

There are government agencies such as NSA (more secret than NSA) which would have the full text.
The CIA/NSA has the power to get the text if the wanted to. It is likely encrypted and buried in a database somewhere, but they could dig it out if they wanted to.
Check this out.
https://www.grunge.com/117258/scary-ways-technology-tracking/
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 05:53:41 pm by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

There are government agencies such as NSA (more secret than NSA) which would have the full text.
The CIA/NSA has the power to get the text if the wanted to. It is likely encrypted and buried in a database somewhere, but they could dig it out if they wanted to.
Check this out.
https://www.grunge.com/117258/scary-ways-technology-tracking/

Obviously big brother can find everything out about you if they were so inclined. But to get everything they'd have to target you in real time. Retrieving internet stuff from more than a few months ago is highly problematic.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If the authorities came across a brand new list of terrorists through informants, they would want to check them out. But their internet records would be meaningless without the text.

Oceander

Not sure what your point is. I'm alluding to the typical NT charge of hypocrisy against those of us who refuse to wet ourselves every time the media reports 'they've really got him this time'.

Doesn’t matter what the hell you think about Mueller’s credibility if he actually issues indictments and they go to trial.  What will matter is what the evidence adduced at trial shows regarding the crimes charged; the prosecutor’s alleged lack of credibility won’t mean bumpkiss. 

Your statement, btw, had no reference to NT’ers, so you can’t save yourself that way. 

Offline skeeter

Doesn’t matter what the hell you think about Mueller’s credibility if he actually issues indictments and they go to trial.  What will matter is what the evidence adduced at trial shows regarding the crimes charged; the prosecutor’s alleged lack of credibility won’t mean bumpkiss. 

Your statement, btw, had no reference to NT’ers, so you can’t save yourself that way.

You are one contentious richard, aren't you.

Isn't it enough that you have the inevitable Trial & Sentencing of Trump to look forward to, you have to haunt this place as well?

Oceander

You are one contentious richard, aren't you.

Isn't it enough that you have the inevitable Trial & Sentencing of Trump to look forward to, you have to haunt this place as well?

I’m not the least bit interested in seeing Trump tried for an arcane campaign contribution issue.  I’m not particularly interested in seeing him impeached, either, although I think an impeachment would hurt the democrats the way that impeaching Clinton hurt the GOP back in the 1990s.  In either case, I think it would do damage to the presidency, and if the campaign finance laws were violated, I think a sufficiently large civil fine would be sufficient. 

But I am also not going to sit around and watch people try to lie about the seriousness of what Trump has done, the jeopardy he’s put himself into precisely because of his shoot-from-the-hip-without-thinking style of management and his thin-skinned nature. 

Offline skeeter

I’m not the least bit interested in seeing Trump tried for an arcane campaign contribution issue.  I’m not particularly interested in seeing him impeached, either, although I think an impeachment would hurt the democrats the way that impeaching Clinton hurt the GOP back in the 1990s.  In either case, I think it would do damage to the presidency, and if the campaign finance laws were violated, I think a sufficiently large civil fine would be sufficient. 

But I am also not going to sit around and watch people try to lie about the seriousness of what Trump has done, the jeopardy he’s put himself into precisely because of his shoot-from-the-hip-without-thinking style of management and his thin-skinned nature.

Well good luck with that.  Your belief in your own infallibility, not to mention capacity to influence, is laudable.

Oceander

Well good luck with that.  Your belief in your own infallibility, not to mention capacity to influence, is laudable.

Thanks for conceding: you lose. 

Offline skeeter

Thanks for conceding: you lose.

Good grief seek help.

Immediately. Like, now.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Good grief seek help.

Immediately. Like, now.

:thumbsup:  @skeeter

Oceander

Good grief seek help.

Immediately. Like, now.

For what?  The only person with problems here is you.  I don’t see the need for me to seek help for your problems.  Maybe you should lay off the orange koolaid.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 10:59:12 pm by Oceander »

Offline Hoodat

If we could somehow get Müller off US soil, then we could do one of those CIA rendition thingies.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I’m not the least bit interested in seeing Trump tried for an arcane campaign contribution issue.  I’m not particularly interested in seeing him impeached, either, although I think an impeachment would hurt the democrats the way that impeaching Clinton hurt the GOP back in the 1990s.

How did it hurt the GOP? They won the WH, plus kept the House and Senate in 2000. The Senate changed after Jeffords flipped, but they retook it in 2002.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.