Author Topic: Wall Street Journal: Trump inaugural committee under criminal investigation  (Read 1250 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Washington (CNN) — President Donald Trump's 2017 inaugural committee is currently being investigated by federal prosecutors in New York for possible financial abuses related to the more than $100 million in donations raised for the event, The Wall Street Journal reported Thursday.

Citing conversations with people familiar with the investigation, which is being handled by the US Attorney's office in Manhattan, the Journal reported that prosecutors are also looking into whether the committee accepted donations from individuals looking to gain influence or access to the new administration.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/12/13/politics/trump-inauguration-spending-investigation/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
According to the Journal, sources told the paper that the investigation "partly arises out of materials seized in the federal probe of former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen's business dealings."
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

US Attorney's office in Manhattan, the Journal reported that prosecutors are also looking into whether the committee accepted donations from individuals looking to gain influence or access to the new administration.
I have no doubt this incoming bitch of a DA will run with this in an ancillary investigation ...

And yet the Clinton crime family ran the Clinton Foundation's pay to play for influence wing for years out of NYC.... and not a peep from a NY DA or US DA
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 11:02:27 pm by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Report: Federal Prosecutors Investigating Trump Inauguration Spending
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 11:33:52 pm »
Report: Federal Prosecutors Investigating Trump Inauguration Spending
Breitbart, Dec 13, 2018, Joshua Caplan

Federal prosecutors in New York are investigating President Donald Trump’s inaugural committee amid suspicion that a portion of the $107 million it raised was misspent, according to a report.

The Wall Street Journal states the Manhattan U.S. attorney’s office is in the beginning stages of probing whether the committee’s most prominent donors made sizable contributions “in exchange for access to the incoming Trump administration, policy concessions or to influence official administration positions.”

A lawyer familiar with the matter told the Journal that investigators have not requested the committee turn over any records. “We are not aware of any evidence the investigation the Journal is reporting actually exists,” the lawyer said.

The White House, nor the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Manhattan have yet to comment on the report.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/12/13/report-federal-prosecutors-investigating-trump-inauguration-spending/

Offline skeeter

Re: Report: Federal Prosecutors Investigating Trump Inauguration Spending
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2018, 11:38:55 pm »
**cking ridiculous.

I honestly wonder what normal, well adjusted but not politically engaged people think when they hear this kind of crap?

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2018, 12:23:03 am »
   All the normal, well adjusted people I know (not many) are sick of it. @skeeter
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DB

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2018, 12:35:28 am »
   All the normal, well adjusted people I know (not many) are sick of it. @skeeter

So what do all the other people you know say?

Offline corbe

They call me dumbass and hater @DB
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DB

They call me dumbass and hater @DB

Good thing you have a lot in common with them.

Offline corbe

White House distances Trump from inaugural committee amid new scrutiny

BY CHRIS MILLS RODRIGO - 12/13/18 07:48 PM EST

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders distanced President Trump from his inauguration committee Thursday amid reports that it is being investigated by federal prosecutors.

"That doesn't have anything to do with the president or the first lady," Sanders told reporters, according to CNN.

"The biggest thing the president did, his engagement in the inauguration, was to come here and raise his hand and take the oath of office. The president was focused on the transition at that time and not on any of the planning for the inauguration."

<..snip..>

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/421339-white-house-distances-trump-from-inaugural-committee-amid-new

Offline TheSheebler

• Sheeble American T Shirts
Re: Wall Street Journal: Trump inaugural committee under criminal investigation
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2018, 02:22:47 am »
Now that the mueller thing is pretty much wrapped up I suppose we'll be getting used to these little stabs at our President for now on.

Personally, I don't waste much emotions or feelings for these obvious political hit jobs, because we've already seen there's no depth that they will not sink to.

I'm waiting for downfall of hillary and king obama  :patriot:
America is an idea that can only come from principles set forth in Judao/Christianity. No other religion that has been or will be, can create this type of individual freedom. God blesses America because the idea that America represents is His.  ~The Sheebler

Liberty titans American Shirts

Liberty Titans Patriotic Shirts

Liberty Titans Donald Trump Shirts

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2018, 03:31:25 am »
**cking ridiculous.

I honestly wonder what normal, well adjusted but not politically engaged people think when they hear this kind of crap?

Show me an inauguration and I will find you a crime.  :facepalm:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline corbe

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2018, 01:05:39 am »
Trump’s Inauguration Paid Trump’s Company — With Ivanka in the Middle

by Ilya Marritz, WNYC, and Justin Elliott, ProPublica

4 hrs ago

When it came out this year that President Donald Trump’s inaugural committee raised and spent unprecedented amounts, people wondered where all that money went.

It turns out one beneficiary was Trump himself.

The inauguration paid the Trump Organization for rooms, meals and event space at the company’s Washington hotel, according to interviews as well as internal emails and receipts reviewed by WNYC and ProPublica.

During the planning, Ivanka Trump, the president-elect’s eldest daughter and a senior executive with the Trump Organization, was involved in negotiating the price the hotel charged the 58th Presidential Inaugural Committee for venue rentals. A top inaugural planner emailed Ivanka and others at the company to “express my concern” that the hotel was overcharging for its event spaces, worrying of what would happen “when this is audited.”

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump%e2%80%99s-inauguration-paid-trump%e2%80%99s-company-%e2%80%94-with-ivanka-in-the-middle/ar-BBQYe74?ocid=ientp

Oceander

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2018, 02:58:37 am »
Oops

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2018, 03:52:04 am »
This is not the first time there's been talk about his company making money off of hosting events for official business.  Seems like a conflict of interest to me that would have been avoided.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2018, 03:57:32 am »
I say it again - scorched earth. Investigate every NY state Democrat official and start hauling them off to jail, including the State AG.
The Republic is lost.